Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Sean Mc (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/sean-mc-58483.html)

cashman 30-08-2011 09:19

Re: Sean Mc

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 929933)
Stockport fans on their messageboard are not happy so far:-
Mansfield game.......
. "McConville was poor, not impressed, when he found his way in the box he just shot at the keeper, when there was a tight angle and he had better options, and near the end he just did a very lethargic chip and the keeper dived on it, no pace on the cross at all."
Same sort of comments about his play against Lincoln away. Sounds familiar. It's not just me, then.:D

Never mind theres always "Primark":rolleyes::D:D:D

Redraine 30-08-2011 09:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkie (Post 929948)
They aren't to keen on Milsey either!

"John Miles
Posted by James on 29/8/2011, 7:40 pm

Just as bad, if not worse than both Gritton & Chadwick.

No pace, no skill & runs like he's shat himself."

:D

They also complain that he always runs sideways - we could have told them that.

VALAIRIAN 03-09-2011 06:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 929933)
Stockport fans on their messageboard are not happy so far:-
Mansfield game.......
. "McConville was poor, not impressed, when he found his way in the box he just shot at the keeper, when there was a tight angle and he had better options, and near the end he just did a very lethargic chip and the keeper dived on it, no pace on the cross at all."
Same sort of comments about his play against Lincoln away. Sounds familiar. It's not just me, then.:D

Looks like Macca is back in the grove now RR ;)

BBC Sport - Stockport 1-1 Luton

:D :D

Redraine 03-09-2011 07:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 930634)

You mean when he "wasted a great chance from inside the box"?:D:D

smudgie 03-09-2011 07:48

haha !!!

football19 03-09-2011 09:42

Noticed kissock started for Luton,another good young player who could still turn out to be a top one if his heads right

Haggis316 04-09-2011 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 930634)

Yes and Luton had Stuart Fleetwood to come off their bench.

yerself 04-09-2011 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine
They also complain that he always runs sideways - we could have told them that.

I wonder if they ever saw Shaun Whalley play?

maccawozzagod 04-09-2011 18:40

Shaun whalley? Last seen running down the wing with his head down and forgot to stop at the by-line! Apparently running down the wing still with his Head down but he has got to Southport now

Wonder when he'll stop.........

AccyMad 05-09-2011 06:17

Ah bless, he was like our very own Forrest Gump :) he managed to stop running long enough to score for Scouseport on Saturday though

Oldgobbin 12-09-2011 16:16

Looks like the Tony Evans (shhh don't mention Stephen Vaughan!) bid for Stockport could be looking shaky. Poor Sean Mac - could he be heading back to the Crown Ground sooner than expected?:D Redraine be very afraid!

Redraine 12-09-2011 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldgobbin (Post 932978)
Looks like the Tony Evans (shhh don't mention Stephen Vaughan!) bid for Stockport could be looking shaky. Poor Sean Mac - could he be heading back to the Crown Ground sooner than expected?:D Redraine be very afraid!

Oh no! Just when I've started watching the Reds stress free again. I couldn't take it, honestly.http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/i...cons/icon9.gif

football19 12-09-2011 18:32

I would have him back,but he would do well to dislodge fletcher,who seems to be doing that role.
Noticed Edwards has dropped to the bench now Byroms fit at stevenage.
Cant see him gettin a game at CB either(get on the phone Coley!!)

smudgie 12-09-2011 18:50

No chance I would have any of them back !!

They walked out for more money.

Who needs Sean when we have Lindfield and Taylor anyway.

cashman 12-09-2011 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 933022)
No chance I would have any of them back !!

They walked out for more money.

Who needs Sean when we have Lindfield and Taylor anyway.

Agree wi smudge, there history, thanks but no thanks.;)

VALAIRIAN 12-09-2011 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 933015)
Oh no! Just when I've started watching the Reds stress free again. I couldn't take it, honestly.http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/i...cons/icon9.gif

When did this "Stress free" lark start????? :D :D :D

cashman 12-09-2011 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 933035)

End of last season mate, when the terrible twins were gone fer good.;)

Redraine 12-09-2011 23:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 933035)

From the minute I didn't have to watch him any more, giving the ball away, missing 1 on ones, jumping out of challenges, never getting past the defender and throwing a strop with Jimmy Ryan.

football19 13-09-2011 08:06

scoring a high quality hat-trick,and 13 league goals from midfield???,even Ryan,craney etc..didnt manage that!!
Agree with your list of faults tho:)

Redraine 13-09-2011 08:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 933147)
scoring a high quality hat-trick,and 13 league goals from midfield???,even Ryan,craney etc..didnt manage that!!

Hit and hope flukes, every one of 'em. Maybe one wasn't.:D

smudgie 13-09-2011 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 933147)

So jimmys hattrick against Barnet wasnt high class??

football19 13-09-2011 11:19

fair point,but did he score 13 goals that season?,i am not saying for a second i would have him over jimmy,but most teams would accomodate a player who would give you that return(and hes still on a learning curve as well)

cashman 13-09-2011 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 933229)
fair point,but did he score 13 goals that season?,i am not saying for a second i would have him over jimmy,but most teams would accomodate a player who would give you that return(and hes still on a learning curve as well)

well its taking him a long time, he just don't cut the mustard imho. possibly may were he is now but Div2 no way.

football19 13-09-2011 13:54

I know i am very much in the minority,but scoring goals is the hardest thing to do in football,and his style is not akin to the lower leagues,but i truly believe he could hold his own at an higher level,were technique takes over from pace and tackling etc...
That why i found his move a strange one(money orientated,rather than a long term one)

cashman 13-09-2011 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 933252)
I know i am very much in the minority,but scoring goals is the hardest thing to do in football,and his style is not akin to the lower leagues,but i truly believe he could hold his own at an higher level,were technique takes over from pace and tackling etc...
That why i found his move a strange one(money orientated,rather than a long term one)

I think if that were the case,scouts from higher level clubs would have sussed that fact long ago?:confused:

football19 13-09-2011 14:43

Thats a good point that Cashy.I know a few scouts and would love to see there reports on Acci players.
Saying that,no-one took a chance on Jimmy when he left Shrews,despite being a irish under 21 international and a good grounding at liverpool.
Again its all about opinions,and really its only the managers that counts

cashman 13-09-2011 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 933265)
Thats a good point that Cashy.I know a few scouts and would love to see there reports on Acci players.
Saying that,no-one took a chance on Jimmy when he left Shrews,despite being a irish under 21 international and a good grounding at liverpool.
Again its all about opinions,and really its only the managers that counts

In fairness jimmy has gone slightly higher n deserves it in my opinion, would have like to have seen him in the championship.

AccyMad 13-09-2011 21:15

Sean Mac was there tonight - maybe he's after coming back now Tony Evans has pulled out of the Stockport takeover?? He did ask where he could find Redraine :)

cashman 13-09-2011 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 933425)
Sean Mac was there tonight - maybe he's after coming back now Tony Evans has pulled out of the Stockport takeover?? He did ask where he could find Redraine :)

BBC Sport - AFC Telford 1-1 Stockport County think we should pass on that.:hehetable

Redraine 13-09-2011 23:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 933444)
BBC Sport - AFC Telford 1-1 Stockport County think we should pass on that.:hehetable

I rest my case.:D

Div3North 14-09-2011 10:04

Apparently, as of yesterday, the 2015 consortium is still currently running Stockport County and Stockport County director Tony Evans has withdrawn his proposal to take over the club; the deal, which stalled at the weekend, is now dead (his word, not mine ...........)

See the Non-League page of the BBC Sports News (football section)

:gooddog:

maccawozzagod 14-09-2011 14:48

A couple of posters on the football forum are quoting McConville as Stockports highest earner on £900 a week. He can bloody stop where he is if that's true?,

Grimps 14-09-2011 15:04

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ stay away . go to fleetwood or sith bourgh fc:alright::alright::tongueout:tongueout:tongueout :gooddog:

VALAIRIAN 14-09-2011 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 933581)
A couple of posters on the football forum are quoting McConville as Stockports highest earner on £900 a week. He can bloody stop where he is if that's true?,

Word is Macca, we offered to double (ish) what he was on, but he went for more cash!!!! I am sure that I heard that on a link posted on here just after he signed for them???? :)

AccyAggro 14-09-2011 18:05

Most of Mcconvilles goals were tap ins anyway!

Thought he was over rated most of the time, when the team played well, he did. At times last year he was dire,

I for one wouldnt take him back, left to 'better his career' lower down, let him carry on!

pidge 17-09-2011 18:59

see mcconville scored today an set up the other in a 2-0 win against grimsby!! we could do with his goals at the minute with it not taking einstein to figure out were are problems lie.

VALAIRIAN 17-09-2011 19:03

Where is Redraine when you need him?????

nige b 17-09-2011 19:37

probably in his sean mac shrine kissing his signed boots.................but then again!

cashman 17-09-2011 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by pidge (Post 934286)
see mcconville scored today an set up the other in a 2-0 win against grimsby!! we could do with his goals at the minute with it not taking einstein to figure out were are problems lie.

Ta fer proving me correct.........I always said it was wrong to close "Brockhall" down.:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

Redraine 18-09-2011 08:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 934288)
Where is Redraine when you need him?????

Up on Tyneside thanking his lucky stars he wasn't at the game yesterday.

football19 18-09-2011 08:35

Very true pidge,i am thinking of getting a petition going to get him back,starting with Redraine,who must surely make an humble apology for his previous comments :):):)

Redraine 18-09-2011 08:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 934389)
Very true pidge,i am thinking of getting a petition going to get him back,starting with Redraine,who must surely make an humble apology for his previous comments :):):)

No chance! I sincerely do hope he prospers at Stockport, though, as I have nothing against the lad personally. I was never one of the many on here dissing him for taking the money and wishing for him to fall flat on his face.:)

VALAIRIAN 18-09-2011 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 934388)
Up on Tyneside thanking his lucky stars he wasn't at the game yesterday.

Too true - what a display.......

JEFF 20-09-2011 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by pidge (Post 934286)

He has obviously found his level - Conference

pidge 20-09-2011 22:42

Another assist in a 1-1 draw tonight down in wales que redraine :

cashman 21-09-2011 08:05

Tom Elliot rescued Stockport County a Blue Square Bet Premier point as struggling Newport County extended their winless run to eight games. -Yeh sound like hell of a side Newport, hope Fabio was watching.:D

Redraine 21-09-2011 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by pidge (Post 935117)
Another assist in a 1-1 draw tonight down in wales que redraine :

Que?:D

football19 21-09-2011 11:12

13 goals in his first full season from midfield,whos going to match that this season?,go on then,i will include our forwards as well !!!:)

mab 21-09-2011 11:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 935154)
13 goals in his first full season from midfield,whos going to match that this season?,go on then,i will include our forwards as well !!!:)

Along way to go yet ,we didn't score loads last season at this point just 7 goals scored but played 7 league games were as we've played 10 so far having scored 7 also:)

cashman 21-09-2011 11:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 935154)

if i recall correctly there was a hat trick early doors then 10 in all other games, not exactly prolific is it?

football19 21-09-2011 11:30

My fear is we dont have any real pace(apart from maybe fletcher),to go direct,as teams are getting wise to our passing game.

football19 21-09-2011 11:33

Cashy,how many league 2 midfielders scored more?,not many,if any !!

cashman 21-09-2011 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 935161)
Cashy,how many league 2 midfielders scored more?,not many,if any !!

Not disputing that fact, he certainly was improved from previous, but the rest of his play including consistency left much to be desired, if we are to progress,its my opinion the only one of those who departed who is missed big time,is Jimmy Ryan, i would love stanley to improve n its my opinion those players Ryan excepted, would not improve us.:)

pidge 21-09-2011 16:39

cashman you must be on another planet if you think the likes off mcconville,gornell,jacobson,edwards an cisak wudnt improve are team any off these players would walk straight into are starting 11 at the moment! an i disagree with you over mcconville he was joint top goalscorer an was top off the assists table last season! me personally would take him back tomorrow along with the other 5 i have mentioned.

cashman 21-09-2011 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by pidge (Post 935196)
cashman you must be on another planet if you think the likes off mcconville,gornell,jacobson,edwards an cisak wudnt improve are team any off these players would walk straight into are starting 11 at the moment! an i disagree with you over mcconville he was joint top goalscorer an was top off the assists table last season! me personally would take him back tomorrow along with the other 5 i have mentioned.

no your on another planet sunshine, i said improve us, not remain static, the team this season is as good defensivly, its attacking midfielders were short of, only ryan could consistently improve that sector, M,cConville could only occasionally, if yeh can't see that S.W.Allen are much better n Specsavers.:rolleyes:

football19 21-09-2011 17:50

Can see were your coming from Cashy,but these are young lads,and i firmly believe they will get better,just wished it would have been at Acci.
Sean had numerous faults,but all these were fixable(coleys no mug).
Previous season 1 goal,following season 13 goals and leading assists suggests he was improving(if he stayed could have been looking at 20 !).
I have always been Ryan fan,and watched his career unfold over the last 10 years,but I would say Gornell is the one we miss most at present,as holding the ball up is key to the system we play.

shakermaker 21-09-2011 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 935214)
the team this season is as good defensivly

Sorry Cashy, have to disagree there. At this point last season we'd conceded just one goal as opposed to the eleven we've conceded so far this season. Also I'd have Joe Jacobson over Kevin McIntyre any day of the week. We're really weak in that position.

In footballing terms I'd also have Cisak, Edwards, McConville, Ryan and Gornell back in a heartbeat. It was a really well blended and balanced, not to mention fantastically technically gifted team, and the difference this season is hard to watch sometimes.

However as long as they all put in 100% and show determination to create chances and win for 90 minutes (unlike on Saturday) then I'll be happy.

VALAIRIAN 21-09-2011 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 935236)
Sorry Cashy, have to disagree there. At this point last season we'd conceded just one goal as opposed to the eleven we've conceded so far this season. Also I'd have Joe Jacobson over Kevin McIntyre any day of the week. We're really weak in that position.

In footballing terms I'd also have Cisak, Edwards, McConville, Ryan and Gornell back in a heartbeat. It was a really well blended and balanced, not to mention fantastically technically gifted team, and the difference this season is hard to watch sometimes.

However as long as they all put in 100% and show determination to create chances and win for 90 minutes (unlike on Saturday) then I'll be happy.

Quick check back Shaker, I think it was 7, plus Newcastle?? We are not strong at the back, McIntyre ain't no left back... :( :) :)

cashman 21-09-2011 18:55

oh i can agree wi jacobsen oer Mcintyre shaker, but even that wouldn't take us forward imho, Phil i had much time for, but fer all his effort,his distribution wasn't the best,Cisak to me is no better n Murdoch, anyway i'm off to bed shortly,leaving early morning, when i return mid October i fully expect the reds to have much improved there position, only time will tell,;)

shakermaker 21-09-2011 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 935243)
Quick check back Shaker, I think it was 7, plus Newcastle?? We are not strong at the back, McIntyre ain't no left back... :( :) :)

I'm only going off League games mate.

fc:stanley 21-09-2011 19:06

This thread is well past its sell by date.

We should all agree that Shaun Mc is a money grabbing waste of space that we should forget about! :D

VALAIRIAN 21-09-2011 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 935248)
I'm only going off League games mate.

Fair play Shaker, but we have played 2 games less ;) :)

Revived Red 21-09-2011 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 935160)
My fear is we dont have any real pace(apart from maybe fletcher),to go direct,as teams are getting wise to our passing game.

From what I have seen, we have two players with real pace. Nat Taylor and Kurtis Guthrie. I know that Taylor has been suspended but I think that these two could give defenders something different to think about instead of our sometimes ponderous approach play.

shakermaker 21-09-2011 20:53

Kurtis? Pace? Really?? Sorry, I haven't seen any evidence of that. I see a player who's made a massive step and not fit enough for the Football League. I think he's a talented lad though. I hope we can get him upto scratch.

cashman 21-09-2011 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 935288)
Kurtis? Pace? Really?? Sorry, I haven't seen any evidence of that. I see a player who's made a massive step and not fit enough for the Football League. I think he's a talented lad though. I hope we can get him upto scratch.

agree,whilst i think the kid will develop. milk turns quicker.:D

football19 21-09-2011 21:22

agree with shaker ,Gutherie may have shown a turn of pace playing parks football in Jersey,but at this level hes not,indeed i cant recall him beating anyone with pace alone.
He needs to get his spikes on and get some serious sprint training done to get upto speed to progress

Revived Red 21-09-2011 22:48

It's a pity that the iplayer is no longer available as evidence, but the only Stanley player to give effective chase to Southend's Dickinson when they scored that second goal was Guthrie - and he almost caught him. I think we may have forgotten that.

Revived Red 21-09-2011 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 935295)
indeed i cant recall him beating anyone with pace alone.

A bit like Gornell, then. Or McConville? Or, dare I say it, Craney?

pidge 21-09-2011 23:31

Gornell an mcconville both have more pace than guthrie who doesn't offer much really but is only young an learning his trade so I will reserve judgement!! I just don't see we're the goals are going to come from I really don't which is a massive worry!! Maybe we we're treated last year to some off the best footballers we have seen at this club an now should be happy with league 2 status at the end of this season.

Tin Monkey 22-09-2011 07:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by pidge (Post 935312)
Maybe we we're treated last year to some off the best footballers we have seen at this club an now should be happy with league 2 status at the end of this season.

What were you realistically hoping for? Automatic promotion? Play-offs again?
If Stanley are still in League 2 at the end of this season it'll be a successful season in my eyes.

JEFF 22-09-2011 09:34

McConville had an offer from a Conference club and he took it. How many Football League clubs made him an offer ? If he is as good as some people think then Football League clubs would have been queuing up to sign him. As I said before - he has found his level.

Exile on Spencer St 22-09-2011 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tin Monkey (Post 935336)
What were you realistically hoping for? Automatic promotion? Play-offs again?
If Stanley are still in League 2 at the end of this season it'll be a successful season in my eyes.

Amen to that, brother.

Joey31 22-09-2011 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEFF (Post 935355)
McConville had an offer from a Conference club and he took it. How many Football League clubs made him an offer ? If he is as good as some people think then Football League clubs would have been queuing up to sign him. As I said before - he has found his level.

Are you his agent? How do you know if he did or didn't? We can dress it up however you like, but stats show he was one of our most productive players last season and had ability in abundance. A lot more effective than most give him credit for and possesses great technical ability. Whether he regrets the move now I don't know, but he'd walk into this side and many more at this level with his football brain and ability.

yerself 22-09-2011 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey31
Are you his agent? How do you know if he did or didn't? We can dress it up however you like, but stats show he was one of our most productive players last season and had ability in abundance. A lot more effective than most give him credit for and possesses great technical ability. Whether he regrets the move now I don't know, but he'd walk into this side and many more at this level with his football brain and ability.

Did nurse not administer your medication today?

Joey31 22-09-2011 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by yerself (Post 935391)
Did nurse not administer your medication today?

Wow, constructive reply.

VALAIRIAN 22-09-2011 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 935367)
Amen to that, brother.

Seconded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smudgie 22-09-2011 18:09

I think 99.9% of us all agree a superb season is to avoid relegation, despite last season's heroic effort.

football19 23-09-2011 09:17

I agree with that smudge.It happened to morecambe last season,playoffs the previous season,then struggled the following one.
As long as the lads give us there all,we cant complain after last seasons rollercoaster ride.
Acci are always going to build teams on potential rather than proven players,basically because of the money being offered.
Some players dont attain the potential expected,some do and they cash in.
In a way it gives the fans something to look forward each season,and watch players develop (and hammer them if they dont perform !!!:)).
Better than being a glory hunter following the man utds etc... imho.

Redraine 23-09-2011 09:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 935491)
I agree with that smudge.It happened to morecambe last season,playoffs the previous season,then struggled the following one.
As long as the lads give us there all,we cant complain after last seasons rollercoaster ride.
Acci are always going to build teams on potential rather than proven players,basically because of the money being offered.
Some players dont attain the potential expected,some do and they cash in.
In a way it gives the fans something to look forward each season,and watch players develop (and hammer them if they dont perform !!!:)).
Better than being a glory hunter following the man utds etc... imho.

Great post, Football!
Just a shame more people in Accy don't buy into it. Ash is even struggling to get a viable number for the coach to Oxford, and the Ultra's ranks seem to me to be depleting every week.:(

JEFF 23-09-2011 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey31 (Post 935380)

I don't think you need much of a football brain and ability to dance around in the centre circle for half of a game. I will say it again - he has found his level. He dumped Stanley to join Stockport and I wouldn't want him back again.

smudgie 23-09-2011 10:31

There is no coach running to Oxford Redraine :(

Ive set aside 7-8 away games this year, with Oxford being 1 of them, as I simply cannot afford all the long distance games this year.

With Bury, Rochdale etc all going up, and the likes of Crawley, Plymouth, Dagenham coming into League 2 its proving too much expense for me to do them all.

I will be doing Macc, Morecambe, Bradford, Wimbledon, Torquay and maybe a couple of others.

pidge 23-09-2011 14:37

have 2 agree with football19 an joey31 in that mcconville was technically one off our best players last season an doesnt get the credit he deserved,wasnt he 1 off the best finishers at the club last season! i also recall him saying in an interview for stockport he could have signed for gillingham an a couple off others in league 2 but was reluctant to move away with having a small family to think about! i think he made a bad decision in goin to stockport but i dont think we have seen the back off him yet! i for one would welcome him back tomorrow, think hes a young kid whos made a bad decision which i can forgive.

VALAIRIAN 23-09-2011 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 935501)
Great post, Football!
Just a shame more people in Accy don't buy into it. Ash is even struggling to get a viable number for the coach to Oxford, and the Ultra's ranks seem to me to be depleting every week.:(

The loss of that grey haired maniac has not helped....:(

Revived Red 24-09-2011 09:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by pidge (Post 935538)
technically

I wonder if you could explain what this means.

Ability to control a football?
Ability to head a football, preferably in a predetermined direction?
Ability to control the weight and direction of a pass?
Ability to time a tackle?
Ability/vision to anticipate a pass from a colleague?
Ability/vision to anticipate a pass by an opposition player?

I may be in a minority but I find it difficult to associate Sean McConville with many of these.

shakermaker 24-09-2011 15:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revived Red (Post 935704)
I wonder if you could explain what this means.

Ability to control a football?
Ability to head a football, preferably in a predetermined direction?
Ability to control the weight and direction of a pass?
Ability to time a tackle?
Ability/vision to anticipate a pass from a colleague?
Ability/vision to anticipate a pass by an opposition player?

I may be in a minority but I find it difficult to associate Sean McConville with many of these.

No, you're right. He had no ability. Each one of his goals and every assist he made was a total fluke. I heard he doesn't even know how to tie his bootlaces. Terrible, terrible player. How did he ever get a contract anywhere? Don't even get me started on that Messi chap... waste of space.

Redraine 24-09-2011 16:18

[quote=shakermaker;935771]No, you're right. He had no ability. Each one of his goals and every assist he made was a total fluke. I heard he doesn't even know how to tie his bootlaces. Terrible, terrible player. How did he ever get a contract anywhere? Don't even get me started on that Messi chap... waste of space.[M

Messi and McConville in the same sentence - ha ha ha!
Poor lad was taken off at 52 mins today with a suspected broken collarbone. Hope it mends soon.

AccyAggro 25-09-2011 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 935501)
Great post, Football!

There is still much interest for following stanley, but a couple of reasons are why the travel is still poor i think..

1 being like smudge said the distance of games, every other week your travellin 3 hours plus, and money is tight now a days with everyone

2 being the team (as yet) hasnt done as well as last year and theres no 2 ways about it people watch winning football, and when doing not so well the crowds are likely to go down.

The 70 of us down there yesterday didnt see a bad display anyway!

Redraine 25-09-2011 12:14

Well done to those who made the trip. Let's hope Coley is right when he says things are beginning to come together. A bit more consistency, and we'll be ok.

pidge 25-09-2011 15:17

redraine you always seem to no a lot about sean even though you clearly dont like him :confused::confused::confused: !! an to be happy that hes broke his collarbone shows most people on here what type off a man you are!! i wish the lad a speedy recovery as i see on the bbc website he said up there goal again yesterday.

VALAIRIAN 25-09-2011 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 934390)
No chance! I sincerely do hope he prospers at Stockport, though, as I have nothing against the lad personally. I was never one of the many on here dissing him for taking the money and wishing for him to fall flat on his face.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pidge (Post 935900)
redraine you always seem to no a lot about sean even though you clearly dont like him :confused::confused::confused: !! an to be happy that hes broke his collarbone shows most people on here what type off a man you are!! i wish the lad a speedy recovery as i see on the bbc website he said up there goal again yesterday.

I think that you should read through this thread thoroughly pidge, before you start throwing around statements like the one above!!!

I have spent many an hour talking about McConville, with Redraine and others on the terraces and while McConville came in for plenty of - justified - stick (plenty from Redraine) from most, I know that Redraine wishes him no ill!!!!!

He's no use to either club whilst he is in the stands!!!!!!!!!!!!

Revived Red 25-09-2011 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 935771)
No, you're right. He had no ability. Each one of his goals and every assist he made was a total fluke. I heard he doesn't even know how to tie his bootlaces. Terrible, terrible player. How did he ever get a contract anywhere? Don't even get me started on that Messi chap... waste of space.

It would be helpful if you actually read my comments. I was asking about the meaning of the word "technically" as used by pidge and I was offering some suggestions. We have been assured that Sean Mc had a "football brain". Not being a psychologist, I could not begin to comment on that. But I was hoping that pidge could explain what he meant when he said that Sean Mc was "technically one off (sic) our best players last season".

pidge 25-09-2011 17:57

what i mean by technically is- his first touch, his ability to spot a pass his crossing ability 13 assists, his footballing brain in which his ability 2 work in one of the 4 attacking positions last season which none off the players this season have seemed 2 have come 2 terms with,his finishing ability 13 goals with which 1 got goal off the season also a couple of players last season said he was the best natural finisher at the club which am sure football19 will back me up with. am sure you will disagree with most if not all off these! but these are all attributes he has in his locker

Redraine 25-09-2011 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by pidge (Post 935900)

Whoah, hang on a cotton picking minute! I may not be everyone's cup of tea but I quite literally wouldn't hurt a fly, prefering to usher them out of the window rather than zapping them with a rolled up Daily Mail. I can't quite see how you could interpret my post, in which I hoped that he recovers quickly, as being happy about his injury!

Revived Red 25-09-2011 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by pidge (Post 935921)
am sure you will disagree with most if not all off these!

Yes. But thanks for the explanation. I'm off to Specsavers tomorrow. I must have missed those first touches, passes spotted and sublime crosses.

pidge 25-09-2011 20:23

you missed a good season last year! we finished 5th

football19 25-09-2011 22:00

pidge,if you read my posts over the last couple of years,i try and look for positves in players and i always believed sean had a load of natural ability.
( remember him as a ten year old in liverpools academy dream team!!).
His laid back style is not everyones cup of tea,but the potential is there and its upto him how far he wants to go.
seen better players just disappear,and worse ones climb the ladder.
At this stage of his career,the mental side is a big thing and i hope he still has that desire to improve and learn,if not its easy to disappear.
I do believe though its a massive gamble to drop into the conference,but still wish him well.

Revived Red 25-09-2011 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by pidge (Post 935957)
you missed a good season last year! we finished 5th

Nope, didn't miss it. Maybe we could have claimed an automatic promotion spot if more chances had been put away (I'm not saying by whom) and thus turned the draws into victories.

Anyway, I've said my bit on this topic. Time to move on.

carpon 26-09-2011 00:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 935968)
i always believed sean had a load of natural ability.
( remember him as a ten year old in liverpools academy dream team!!).
His laid back style is not everyones cup of tea,but the potential is there and its upto him how far he wants to go.
seen better players just disappear,and worse ones climb the ladder.
At this stage of his career,the mental side is a big thing and i hope he still has that desire to improve and learn,if not its easy to disappear.
I do believe though its a massive gamble to drop into the conference,but still wish him well.

Whilst the lad has / had undoubted potential, I happen to think he took a massive step backwards with the move to Stockport. By the last statement I can cite numerous reasons. Let's not forget Hamann is a managerial rookie. The bloke had undoubted talent as a player, however that doesn't always make for a successful manager.

Stockport might be a bigger club ( fanbase wise ) but they're languishing in the mid reaches of the conference. Other "big sides" have gone down out of the league and are still struggling to get back to the league. Luton, Wrexham, York, Grimsby.....

Other players took the gamble...Kempson, Miles, Big Kenny Arthur....

The one thing Coley and Bell can do for lads who play for them is better them as players. At Accy, any young lad who has been released or been moved on from another club has a chance to prove their doubters wrong. Under the guidance of a highly envied and sought after duo who have a proven track record of polishing rough diamonds.

Alan Knill, who is not a bad judge of a younger player, uses this "skill" (a.l.a. developing younger players" ) as one of his major selling points as a manager. Mr Gradi, who Coley upset the other week, "had" a track record of bringing younger players through. Please note, I did use the word "had" in the last sentence. And I totally agree, regardless of "no disrespect to Crewe" we have set a benchmark which means beating sides like Crewe Alex.

For Sean to move to Stockport, to me at least smacks of "moving for the money" No doubt his goals and assists are missed (like other class players / rough diamonds Coley has produced) However, I think McConville would have put his foot on the next upward rung of the ladder IF he'd stayed at Stanley for another year or two.:o

The interesting point to me is this.....Money man has ditched Stockport.....The McConville fee is set to be decided by tribunal. My question is....

What have we asked for McConville (bearing in mind Skem have a sell on clause theirselves)....What would a tribunal (if and when it takes place) award..... If Stockport are financially without a pot to pee in as a result of the takeover fall through, where does that leave Stanley getting a fee to match McConville's value???? :confused:

football19 26-09-2011 11:03

Carpon,thats a great post to end this debate,and the number of posts shows how football can divide opinions---lets move on:)

yerself 27-09-2011 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revived Red
Yes. But thanks for the explanation. I'm off to Specsavers tomorrow. I must have missed those first touches, passes spotted and sublime crosses.

Me too. Did you also miss all the tackles and challenges he pulled out of and shyed away from?:D:rolleyes: