Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Sean Mc (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/sean-mc-58483.html)

monkey hanger 29-06-2015 09:57

Re: Sean Mc

Quote:

Originally Posted by pidge (Post 1143531)
Did your son witness the 2 goals he scored at Stockport last season to knock them out the fa cup ? Sure his reception was the same that day, certain people are already looking for negatives before he's even kicked a ball. Let's get behind the lad.

phoned him last night and he said the reception he got was quieter than previous game as he was largely anonymous apart from the goals he scored. there will always be signings we are more excited about than others and that's the same at every club but as I,ve said before I will get behind him if he puts in a good shift. its some of the others in the moan stand to worry about not me. roll on august onwards and upwards.

pidge 29-06-2015 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1143602)
phoned him last night and he said the reception he got was quieter than previous game as he was largely anonymous apart from the goals he scored. there will always be signings we are more excited about than others and that's the same at every club but as I,ve said before I will get behind him if he puts in a good shift. its some of the others in the moan stand to worry about not me. roll on august onwards and upwards.

I would take him being largely ananymous for us an scoring 2 goals any day of the week.

VALAIRIAN 12-07-2015 17:22

Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Played well in first half I thought :)

football19 12-07-2015 17:30

Re: Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1144585)

Thought the same Joe,looks a bit stronger and still has a good touch.
I would struggle to pick a bench never mind a starting eleven!!!

cashman 12-07-2015 17:36

He certainly has got more meat on his legs, like matchsticks last time he was here,

Redraine 12-07-2015 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1144585)

Now, now, your hero worship is showing. I hardly noticed he was on the pitch although I was on the Clayton End!

pidge 12-07-2015 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 1144590)
Now, now, your hero worship is showing. I hardly noticed he was on the pitch although I was on the Clayton End!

Thaught he worked really hard an he put himself about in numerous challenges which was great to see, also had a chat with him after the game an he seemed a really nice lad an a good character too, hope he enjoys a successful season.

VALAIRIAN 16-07-2015 05:23

Great to see the lad bag a few goals, hope he can carry this on into the season :)

:) :) :)

cashman 16-07-2015 07:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1144826)
Great to see the lad bag a few goals, hope he can carry this on into the season :)

Did well, missed a couple he should have scored with before his first.

VALAIRIAN 06-08-2015 07:48

Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After seeing Macca a few times in pre-season, got to say he looks hungry and as if he has a point to prove. Let's hope that this works in Stanley's favour :)

yonmon 12-08-2015 14:18

BUT ...Like me were you unaware that Sean could throw a few natty shapes (As the kids of today would say ) ??.
That is if his dainty, nay fairy-like steps demonstrated as a prelude to his penalty against Hull City were to be believed !!...pity it was saved methinks !.
All that was missing was the Little Swans gear from Swan Lake....but perhaps that would have been tutu much !!.
So come on Sean, step into the breach like a man !...a more robust approach and a steely stare would surely have put the wind up the Hull keeper with the strange sounding name !..and perhaps have paid dividends !....I'll be watching !!.

Redraine 12-08-2015 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 1147519)
So come on Sean, step into the breach like a man !...a more robust approach and a steely stare would surely have put the wind up the Hull keeper with the strange sounding name !..and perhaps have paid dividends !....I'll be watching !!.

I wish you didn't have to watch him. Now, with all our great team options this season he is not part of our strongest 11 imho.

pidge 12-08-2015 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 1147547)
I wish you didn't have to watch him. Now, with all our great team options this season he is not part of our strongest 11 imho.

You really don't EVER have a good word to say about mcconville redraine, every comment you ever make about him is negative ! An last night he came on an looked really bright, done a lot more than what bruna did. This vendetta you have against him is inappropriate.

mab 12-08-2015 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by pidge (Post 1147551)
You really don't EVER have a good word to say about mcconville redraine, every comment you ever make about him is negative ! An last night he came on an looked really bright, done a lot more than what bruna did. This vendetta you have against him is inappropriate.

You'l be picking on cashy next :D

Redraine 12-08-2015 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by pidge (Post 1147551)

You have a very strange idea of what constitutes a vendetta, Pidge. If you don't respect my opinion, then fair enough, but don't ask me not to prefer other players instead of Sean in Coley's great collection this season.