Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Sean Mc (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/sean-mc-58483.html)

monkey hanger 08-08-2016 08:14

Re: Sean Mc

every side seem to have a player like sean that splits the fanbase as to him ability or lack of. i for one want him to to do well as he wears our shirt but being inconsistant can be anoying to say the least as well as going missing during games.

Chimer 08-08-2016 09:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1174060)
every side seem to have a player like sean that splits the fanbase as to him ability or lack of. i for one want him to to do well as he wears our shirt but being inconsistant can be anoying to say the least as well as going missing during games.

'Twere ever thus - during the interregnum I was about the only person in the Stretford End who didn't think John Aston was useless, until he came out as pretty much m-o-m in the European Cup Final in 1968.

He was a left winger too ...... :D

Exile on Spencer St 08-08-2016 10:01

We might have caught the same Ribble bus from Melbourne St to Manchester in those days, Chimer!
The comparison of Sean McConville with Johnny Aston is a good one, in three respects at least.
Not only was he a relative (son!) of the United coach, he also had rather a good player on the other wing, whose skill he could rarely match and with whom he was inevitably but unfairly compared.
You're right he played a blinder at Wembley in 1968, but, I suggest, otherwise rarely proved a match winner.

baldy 19-09-2016 13:27

In this weeks "Team of the Week!"

Well done Sean!

monkey hanger 19-09-2016 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1177137)
In this weeks "Team of the Week!"

Well done Sean!

credit where credit is due. lets have more of the same sean.

maccawozzagod 19-09-2016 22:00

So is Chapman (Portsmouth recorded zero shots on target)

Chimer 19-09-2016 22:15

From the Portsmouth News:

LET'S 'AVE HIM

Sean McConville

Excellent delivery from dead balls, yet it was his all-round attacking play which made him a regular threat to Pompey.

and in their player ratings:

Sean McConville - 8 - At the heart of every bright moment.

and:

HE'S ALL YOURS

Billy Kee

Wasn't allowed a kick by the superb Tom Davies, struggling to get in the game as a result.

Let's hope it continues :) - (not for Billy obviously) I know some will say everyone's bound to have a good game sometime :rolleyes: but you never know

AccyMad 20-09-2016 06:25

I'd agree with all the above, Tom did effectively stop Billy from playing but I still can't believe he got away with the way he did it while Billy got absolutely no protection from the ref, no wonder Tom was smirking!

choirboy 26-12-2016 12:12

Will the 'Great Man' be back in the team today?:p:rolleyes::cool:;):(:confused::mosher:

cashman 26-12-2016 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1183767)
Will the 'Great Man' be back in the team today?:p:rolleyes::cool:;):(:confused::mosher:

Do fish swim?:D

AccyMad 26-12-2016 13:13

Does the record ever change? :rolleyes:

cashman 26-12-2016 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1183771)
Does the record ever change? :rolleyes:

Why should it when the useless dont?:rolleyes:

AccyMad 26-12-2016 15:52

Can't blame the lad today - or last week come to that, just saying. . . .:rolleyes:

monkey hanger 27-12-2016 09:25

there,s more than just him i,m afraid.

yonmon 27-12-2016 10:53

Talking about the boy wonder took me down a different path this morning, I remembered well the many comments that Redraine used to make on his behalf !.

Is today then ,being so near the end of the year when we all have lost good friends , the time to pause a moment and recall the important contributions which they made to our lives.....Join me in this if you have a moment !.

Sorry to detract from this tremendously important thread !.

KTF !.