Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Sean Mc (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/sean-mc-58483.html)

fc:stanley 11-01-2017 21:01

Re: Sean Mc

Have not been on Accrington Web for a while. Rare sign in! Cant believe this thread is still going and has 114,000 views! :eek:

Still bitter about him going to Stockport though! ;)

Sean this season just needs to be a little more consistent and he will flourish like last season! He has come back a better player!

Great goal though last saturday! Superb!

DAV007 12-01-2017 00:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by fc:stanley (Post 917421)
I hope he​ falls flat on his face at Stockport ! Money grabber !! What happened to a footballer​s dreams of wanting to get to the highest they could go? But no , drop a league for a few extra pounds! No loyalty to the fans , the club and especially​ John and Jimmy! He was a nothing before and a nothing now! Good riddance!!

Hes really annoyed me since we gave him his break and would rather go down a league for money !! Tbh , Stockport must be delerious ! In my honest opinion he really isn't that good of a player! He got goals last season but most of time he looked like he could be assed and cost us MASSIVELY in the playoffs!!

:):):):):):):):):):):):)

Exile on Spencer St 12-01-2017 11:39

Our self-appointed 'Fans Rep' once again exhibits his magnanimity.

yonmon 13-01-2017 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by fc:stanley (Post 1185114)
Have not been on Accrington Web for a while. Rare sign in! Cant believe this thread is still going and has 114,000 views! :eek:

Still bitter about him going to Stockport though! ;)

Sean this season just needs to be a little more consistent and he will flourish like last season! He has come back a better player!

Great goal though last saturday! Superb!

Hi fc Stanley!....I have a feeling that following the next post, then your revisiting of the Forum
Might well be of a slightly abbreviated nature !.
Don't be deterred at all..!

and KTF !

VALAIRIAN 05-02-2017 10:09

Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean, Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yet another assist yesterday for Super Macca and a good all round performance from him :)

Corners and set pieces, were - in the main - well delivered and dangerous..... still do not know how Billy managed not to score right at the end :confused:

After a run of average/poor performances, Sean has upped his game and is influencing games more :)

:) :) :)

football19 05-02-2017 12:42

Joe,I know exactly why Billy didn't score at the end --- because I backed 3-0 !!!

baldy 05-02-2017 15:46

I have noticed Sean's corners have improved 10 fold the last couple of months. Couldn't beat front post to save his life last season!

Much better from him of late!

Lord Stiffupperlip 05-02-2017 16:06

Couldn't agree more. Especially now we have our own Peter Crouch - a.k.a. 'Rodger the Dodger', waiting beyond the back post.
It's apparent that Harvey has been instructed to take up a position beyond their last man & run in to meet Sean's long corners. As others have said, our corners & free kicks have suddenly become much more effective.

VALAIRIAN 05-02-2017 17:08

Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1186895)
Joe,I know exactly why Billy didn't score at the end --- because I backed 3-0 !!!

You would have been cursing - similar to Carlisle game and Harvey - if you had have been standing next to me..... Great ball in from Sean and somehow Billy managed to knock it over the bar, you could see the look of dis-belief in Billy's eyes......

For maybe the first time this season, it did not cost us... :)

VALAIRIAN 18-02-2017 18:55

Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean, Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 More assists today for Super Macca and - for me - was the best player on the park!

Corners and set pieces are now things that we can - and do - score from :)

Filled in well at LB after the sending off, tackled well and put the blocks in :)

He also kept charging forward with the ball into the dying minutes.

As well as this, he had the state of mind to barge into their player in the box and give away a penalty, which a) After they scored set up a nervy and exciting last 20 mins and b) Saved the Club ££££ in clean sheet bonuses - HERO :)

Roll on Tuesday and a chance to welcome another HERO back to Stanley, lets hope that he gets the reception he deserves, but also - like Guthrie and Fosu - goes back to Cambridge pointless ;) :)

ON STANLEY ON

cashman 18-02-2017 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1186902)
I have noticed Sean's corners have improved 10 fold the last couple of months. Couldn't beat front post to save his life last season!

Much better from him of late!

I was told today they were much better than those he delivered on Tuesday Night? too deep then ? today i thought they were excellent.

stanleyhouse 18-02-2017 19:45

And what a shame he's picked up his tenth yellow and now misses the next two games.

cashman 18-02-2017 19:52

How many is the don out for?also has the portugese lad got clearance yet?

Lord Didsbury 18-02-2017 20:07

The baffling thing for a new fan like me is that he's been our most consistent player this year (well, apart from Matty P - which goes without saying) yet the criticism I see of him is that he's inconsistent. Or maybe that's what's levelled at him whenever he has a good game.....maybe that's a way of avoiding giving him the praise he deserves?

pidge 18-02-2017 20:17

For me he's up there for player of the season , just getting pipped to the post by Matty p.