Accrington Web

Accrington Web (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Sean Mc (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/sean-mc-58483.html)

MikeA 20-05-2015 12:11

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1141165)
Can't think of a single player who jas come back for a second stint at Stanley who was better than when he was first at Stanley .......:rolleyes:

Paul Mullin? :)

Lemur 20-05-2015 15:50

Re: Sean Mc
 
chris grimshaw

DAV007 27-05-2015 06:30

Re: Sean Mc
 
I would love Stanley to sign mcconville again. He is a talented player.

People are forgetting we had a good number of football league scouts watching the lad when he last played for us.

baldy 27-05-2015 07:00

Re: Sean Mc
 
Looked a good player the last time he was here so hopefully with the few years extra experience he's got now he could be a good signing if Coley can pull it off.

Quite a few Chester fans saying he scored quite a few important goals and plenty of assists last season!

He was also Chesters Player of the Year last season.

VALAIRIAN 20-06-2015 15:05

Return of 'The Mac'
 
:) :) :)

smobile 25-06-2015 12:58

Re: Sean Mc
 
Woo hoo - The Greatest thread in the history of Accyweb is now open for business again :D

choirboy 25-06-2015 13:01

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by smobile (Post 1143344)
Woo hoo - The Greatest thread in the history of Accyweb is now open for business again :D

I agree Smobile!
Welcome back Sean!
The only way is up!!
:theband:
Wonder when Mal Function is going to actually sign???:hehetable

VALAIRIAN 25-06-2015 13:12

Return of the Mac, Super Sean McConville
 
McConville returns ? Accrington Stanley FC

:) :) :)

He's back :)

Chimer 25-06-2015 14:19

Re: Sean Mc
 
Best delete this entire thread quicksticks - 'cos if he reads it, his first gesture to his "fans" on here on 8th August is likely to be the two-fingered :mosher: variety.

But of course he may have been following it avidly whilst in exile :eek:

Lemur 25-06-2015 14:41

Re: Sean Mc
 
who is this guy anyway?

yerself 25-06-2015 14:51

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemur
who is this guy anyway?

Uncle Jimmy's nephew.

smobile 25-06-2015 14:55

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemur (Post 1143364)
who is this guy anyway?

Type "Sean McConville v Hereford" into Google

lancsdave 25-06-2015 15:37

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by smobile (Post 1143369)
Type "Sean McConville v Hereford" into Google

Are you his agent :D:D:D

AccyMad 25-06-2015 15:43

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by yerself (Post 1143368)
Uncle Jimmy's nephew.

And it starts . . . . . .:rolleyes:

VALAIRIAN 25-06-2015 17:25

Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by smobile (Post 1143369)
Type "Sean McConville v Hereford" into Google

Said it before, not even his best ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpQd2_rMMsM

:) :) :)

football19 25-06-2015 18:16

Re: Sean Mc
 
If Rooney scored that it would have been goal of the century!!!

Exile on Spencer St 25-06-2015 19:06

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1143384)
If Rooney scored that it would have been goal of the century!!!

Not if he was playing for Stanley!;)

maccawozzagod 25-06-2015 19:38

Re: Sean Mc
 
when he was 'ours' I think the general consensus was that he was ok. Nothing special but typical of the lazy get wide player of this era. The majority of any vitriol spouted in the last few years was a result of his abandoning a great side in order to secure his big money move. To Stockport. Who are now a pub side.

I sincerely hope that we haven't paid anything substantial for him, again, but we may see a vastly improved player who realises he is in the last chance saloon.

baldy 25-06-2015 22:32

Re: Sean Mc
 
In all honesty though, If we take our tinted glasses off, Can we blame him for leaving for Stockport?

You could say it turned out a bad move for him football wise, but lets not forget these players aren't earning 200k a week or even 10k a week and got to make the money whilst the offers are there so I don't hold a grudge against him for leaving!!

Sure he has said in an interview that he shouldn't have left Stanley and hopes to make amends...Got a feeling he's going to be a big part of the team this season!!

cashman 26-06-2015 06:52

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1143404)
In all honesty though, If we take our tinted glasses off, Can we blame him for leaving for Stockport?

You could say it turned out a bad move for him football wise, but lets not forget these players aren't earning 200k a week or even 10k a week and got to make the money whilst the offers are there so I don't hold a grudge against him for leaving!!

Sure he has said in an interview that he shouldn't have left Stanley and hopes to make amends...Got a feeling he's going to be a big part of the team this season!!

Sod all to do wi tinted glasses, Theres nowt wrong wi leaving fer better money, It was the way he left, which is no doubt why he says he hopes to make amends, hope yer right n he is a big part of the team next season, i always take the view though," Once a snake"

baldy 26-06-2015 11:23

Re: Sean Mc
 
What do you mean by "The way he left"?

VALAIRIAN 26-06-2015 14:41

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fc:stanley (Post 917421)
I hope he​ falls flat on his face at Stockport ! Moneygrabber !! What happened to a footballer​s dreams of wanting to get to the highest they could go? But no , drop a league for a few extra pounds! No loyalty to the fans , the club and especially​ John and Jimmy! He was a nothing before and a nothing now! Good riddance!!

He's really annoyed me since we gave him his break and would rather go down a league for money !! Tbh , Stockport must be delirious ! In my honest opinion he really isn't that good of a player! He got goals last season but most of time he looked like he could be assed and cost us MASSIVELY in the playoffs!!

Talked about 'big money moves' and that. Did himself no favours really.

:) :) :)

Marmite syndrome developing.....

AccyMad 26-06-2015 17:15

Re: Sean Mc
 
I was as miffed as a lot of others about the naive comments Sean made when he left to join Stockport but that's exactly what they were, he was a young lad who had his head turned by all the promises made to him by County. It didn't work out but can't blame him for giving it a go. Good interview with him on fishy site & sounds like he's grown up a bit since then, fair play to him for admitting his mistake

pidge 26-06-2015 20:14

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1143430)
I was as miffed as a lot of others about the naive comments Sean made when he left to join Stockport but that's exactly what they were, he was a young lad who had his head turned by all the promises made to him by County. It didn't work out but can't blame him for giving it a go. Good interview with him on fishy site & sounds like he's grown up a bit since then, fair play to him for admitting his mistake

Fair play to the lad real genuine an honest interview.

Jeg Red 26-06-2015 22:00

Re: Sean Mc
 
Well he's back in the fold now, so love him or loathe him, let's get behind him and see what gives

choirboy 27-06-2015 09:06

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeg Red (Post 1143449)
Well he's back in the fold now, so love him or loathe him, let's get behind him and see what gives

I agree with you. All current Stanley players should have our 100% support!
I also agree that his interview shows that he has matured somewhat and that he has realised the error that he made in leaving Stanley when he did. I also agree that you cannot really blame him for leaving when he did as others of our 'play off' squad also left for more money!
Anyway, he's back in the fold so let's all get behind Sean, the rest of the squad and Coley and Jimmy and the board and have another good season. :theband:
ON STANLEY ON ....:wave8:
SURVIVING IN THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE AGAINST ALL THE ODDS[
/:alright:

Redraine 27-06-2015 10:05

Re: Sean Mc
 
[QUOTE=choirboy;1143456]I agree with you. All current Stanley players should have our 100% support!

QUOTE]
Only up to a point! I have never questioned Sean's footballing ability, but it was his attitude that grated with me. If he has matured in that respect, plus is no longer jumping out of tackles then he will get my full support!

monkey hanger 27-06-2015 17:07

Re: Sean Mc
 
he might be marmite man at Stanley but stockport and barrow fans have another name for him . rolf harris would be more welcolm at a childrens party than sean at edgeley park or holker st.

Oldgobbin 27-06-2015 22:08

Re: Sean Mc
 
... and comments like this achieve what, exactly?

Exile on Spencer St 27-06-2015 23:01

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1143488)
he might be marmite man at Stanley but stockport and barrow fans have another name for him . rolf harris would be more welcolm at a childrens party than sean at edgeley park or holker st.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldgobbin (Post 1143501)
... and comments like this achieve what, exactly?

A response from you?;)

Kiwi John 27-06-2015 23:11

Re: Sean Mc
 
Welcome back home Sean.

monkey hanger 28-06-2015 09:27

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1143503)
A response from you?;)

my response is I know a barrow fan who goes home and away and is a decent bloke who told me a story about sean,s time at barrow wether its true or not I do not know but at the end of the day he was not populat there. as far as stockport are concerned my son is a county fan and went to the game when they played Stalybridge at edgeley park. he told me the abuse sean got was the worst he,s seen for an opposition player in over 20 years, this is a fact but he,s a Stanley player now and as I,ve said I,ll support any player if they put a shift in and the past is the past.

pidge 28-06-2015 10:54

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1143527)
my response is I know a barrow fan who goes home and away and is a decent bloke who told me a story about sean,s time at barrow wether its true or not I do not know but at the end of the day he was not populat there. as far as stockport are concerned my son is a county fan and went to the game when they played Stalybridge at edgeley park. he told me the abuse sean got was the worst he,s seen for an opposition player in over 20 years, this is a fact but he,s a Stanley player now and as I,ve said I,ll support any player if they put a shift in and the past is the past.

Did your son witness the 2 goals he scored at Stockport last season to knock them out the fa cup ? Sure his reception was the same that day, certain people are already looking for negatives before he's even kicked a ball. Let's get behind the lad.

andyd 28-06-2015 12:20

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1143527)
my response is I know a barrow fan who goes home and away and is a decent bloke who told me a story about sean,s time at barrow wether its true or not I do not know but at the end of the day he was not populat there. as far as stockport are concerned my son is a county fan and went to the game when they played Stalybridge at edgeley park. he told me the abuse sean got was the worst he,s seen for an opposition player in over 20 years, this is a fact but he,s a Stanley player now and as I,ve said I,ll support any player if they put a shift in and the past is the past.

My experience of Edgeley Park is that they have a very excellent voiceferious support carried in the huge end they are in so it probaly does sound bad hope we get behind the lad in the Clayton end with such vocal excellence.

cashman 28-06-2015 12:25

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pidge (Post 1143531)
Did your son witness the 2 goals he scored at Stockport last season to knock them out the fa cup ? Sure his reception was the same that day, certain people are already looking for negatives before he's even kicked a ball. Let's get behind the lad.

Monkey Hanger said hes now a stanley player and will get behind anyone who is if they put a shift in, Was that bit of his post hard to understand?:rolleyes:

monkey hanger 29-06-2015 09:57

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pidge (Post 1143531)
Did your son witness the 2 goals he scored at Stockport last season to knock them out the fa cup ? Sure his reception was the same that day, certain people are already looking for negatives before he's even kicked a ball. Let's get behind the lad.

phoned him last night and he said the reception he got was quieter than previous game as he was largely anonymous apart from the goals he scored. there will always be signings we are more excited about than others and that's the same at every club but as I,ve said before I will get behind him if he puts in a good shift. its some of the others in the moan stand to worry about not me. roll on august onwards and upwards.

pidge 29-06-2015 19:30

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1143602)
phoned him last night and he said the reception he got was quieter than previous game as he was largely anonymous apart from the goals he scored. there will always be signings we are more excited about than others and that's the same at every club but as I,ve said before I will get behind him if he puts in a good shift. its some of the others in the moan stand to worry about not me. roll on august onwards and upwards.

I would take him being largely ananymous for us an scoring 2 goals any day of the week.

VALAIRIAN 12-07-2015 17:22

Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Played well in first half I thought :)

football19 12-07-2015 17:30

Re: Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1144585)
Played well in first half I thought :)

Thought the same Joe,looks a bit stronger and still has a good touch.
I would struggle to pick a bench never mind a starting eleven!!!

cashman 12-07-2015 17:36

Re: Sean Mc
 
He certainly has got more meat on his legs, like matchsticks last time he was here,

Redraine 12-07-2015 17:57

Re: Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1144585)
Played well in first half I thought :)

Now, now, your hero worship is showing. I hardly noticed he was on the pitch although I was on the Clayton End!

pidge 12-07-2015 20:02

Re: Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 1144590)
Now, now, your hero worship is showing. I hardly noticed he was on the pitch although I was on the Clayton End!

Thaught he worked really hard an he put himself about in numerous challenges which was great to see, also had a chat with him after the game an he seemed a really nice lad an a good character too, hope he enjoys a successful season.

VALAIRIAN 16-07-2015 05:23

Re: Sean Mc
 
Great to see the lad bag a few goals, hope he can carry this on into the season :)

:) :) :)

cashman 16-07-2015 07:05

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1144826)
Great to see the lad bag a few goals, hope he can carry this on into the season :)

:) :) :)

Did well, missed a couple he should have scored with before his first.

VALAIRIAN 06-08-2015 07:48

Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
After seeing Macca a few times in pre-season, got to say he looks hungry and as if he has a point to prove. Let's hope that this works in Stanley's favour :)

:) :) :)

yonmon 12-08-2015 14:18

Re: Sean Mc
 
BUT ...Like me were you unaware that Sean could throw a few natty shapes (As the kids of today would say ) ??.
That is if his dainty, nay fairy-like steps demonstrated as a prelude to his penalty against Hull City were to be believed !!...pity it was saved methinks !.
All that was missing was the Little Swans gear from Swan Lake....but perhaps that would have been tutu much !!.
So come on Sean, step into the breach like a man !...a more robust approach and a steely stare would surely have put the wind up the Hull keeper with the strange sounding name !..and perhaps have paid dividends !....I'll be watching !!.

Redraine 12-08-2015 19:58

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 1147519)
So come on Sean, step into the breach like a man !...a more robust approach and a steely stare would surely have put the wind up the Hull keeper with the strange sounding name !..and perhaps have paid dividends !....I'll be watching !!.

I wish you didn't have to watch him. Now, with all our great team options this season he is not part of our strongest 11 imho.

pidge 12-08-2015 20:49

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 1147547)
I wish you didn't have to watch him. Now, with all our great team options this season he is not part of our strongest 11 imho.

You really don't EVER have a good word to say about mcconville redraine, every comment you ever make about him is negative ! An last night he came on an looked really bright, done a lot more than what bruna did. This vendetta you have against him is inappropriate.

mab 12-08-2015 22:00

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pidge (Post 1147551)
You really don't EVER have a good word to say about mcconville redraine, every comment you ever make about him is negative ! An last night he came on an looked really bright, done a lot more than what bruna did. This vendetta you have against him is inappropriate.

You'l be picking on cashy next :D

Redraine 12-08-2015 22:01

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pidge (Post 1147551)
You really don't EVER have a good word to say about mcconville redraine, every comment you ever make about him is negative ! An last night he came on an looked really bright, done a lot more than what bruna did. This vendetta you have against him is inappropriate.

You have a very strange idea of what constitutes a vendetta, Pidge. If you don't respect my opinion, then fair enough, but don't ask me not to prefer other players instead of Sean in Coley's great collection this season.

yonmon 13-08-2015 07:29

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pidge (Post 1147551)
You really don't EVER have a good word to say about mcconville redraine, every comment you ever make about him is negative ! An last night he came on an looked really bright, done a lot more than what bruna did. This vendetta you have against him is inappropriate.

I must confess Pidge that I just love a Vendetta !.... In particular a whopping portion of the Chocolate Mint variety ( liberally dusted with dark chocolate powder and with a small pouring of clotted cream !)... But that is by the by .

Of course I could be mistaken, but do I detect from this post that perhaps you have not quite grasped the fact that there are on many occasions, running through this thread other posts with a definite tongue-in-cheek intent ?. The real truth being that most of us, and I say this with deep conviction ,really do appreciate our Sean's silky skills and his immeasurable value to the squad.
.Nevertheless, I must repeat my total admiration for his en-pointe 'Glissade precipitee' so ably demonstrated in his approach to the ball in Tuesday evening's penalty shoot-out!..a sight to behold methinks !.

Keep the faith !!.

Revived Red 13-08-2015 09:28

Re: Sean Mc
 
Surely the stage was set for Morgan to come off the bench on Tuesday night. We have often been told that he has a point to prove - what better setting to prove that point than a big game against a team with 7 international players.

cashman 13-08-2015 09:31

Re: Sean Mc
 
Stuff can be very hard fer some to grasp!! but you got yer wise mate to help yeh yonmon.:D

yonmon 13-08-2015 14:51

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1147592)
Stuff can be very hard fer some to grasp!! but you got yer wise mate to help yeh yonmon.:D


And never think that it will ever be unwelcomed or ignored by me !... Although some others in moments of weakness do react in a less friendly manner !.
Returning to Sean Mc...Am I being a little too critical of his Tuesday night dance steps do you think ?...and my opinion that his sashay up to the ball did not fool the Hull goalkeeper one little bit ?.
Alfred.E. looking on at that moment had a rather dreamy look in his eyes, and I feel is now developing a bit of a crush on the player in question !..
"What , me worry ? ".

Exile on Spencer St 13-08-2015 17:11

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 1147580)
I must confess Pidge that I just love a Vendetta !..

Ah, the Vendetta 125! I remember seeing one of them parked outside the Blue Dahlia many years ago. A curious hybrid; it had the front of a Vespa and the business end of a Lambretta.
Maybe Mr.McConville could borrow it next time he takes a penalty.:rolleyes:

Jeg Red 13-08-2015 18:24

Re: Sean Mc
 
I thought he was auditioning for Riverdance!

cashman 13-08-2015 18:57

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeg Red (Post 1147626)
I thought he was auditioning for Riverdance!

He didn't get it.:D

Redraine 14-08-2015 16:34

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Revived Red (Post 1147591)
Surely the stage was set for Morgan to come off the bench on Tuesday night. We have often been told that he has a point to prove - what better setting to prove that point than a big game against a team with 7 international players.

Coley on Gornell v. Hull -"Terry (Gornell) showed what a good striker he is in scoring the second" Not really, John, he could hardly miss after their goalie put it on a plate for him. I fear Coley's opinion of Terry as his main striker is getting in the way of giving Morgan a decent chance. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Terry has scored this term before Tuesday, including pre-season, whereas Morgan has a least a couple for the few minutes he has had on the pitch, and has showed signs of developing a good understanding with Matt Crooks. Oh well, we can only live in hope!

cashman 14-08-2015 17:36

Re: Sean Mc
 
As Anne Robinson would say, so far Terry has for me, been the weakest link.:D

pidge 14-08-2015 17:38

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 1147703)
Coley on Gornell v. Hull -"Terry (Gornell) showed what a good striker he is in scoring the second" Not really, John, he could hardly miss after their goalie put it on a plate for him. I fear Coley's opinion of Terry as his main striker is getting in the way of giving Morgan a decent chance. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Terry has scored this term before Tuesday, including pre-season, whereas Morgan has a least a couple for the few minutes he has had on the pitch, and has showed signs of developing a good understanding with Matt Crooks. Oh well, we can only live in hope!

We agree on something redraine! I have always said Coleman has a soft spot for gornell and comes under the undroppable category , but surely this season he has to take his blinkers off because we have great attacking options, even making gornell captain this season was a mystery as not one person mentioned him as a captain.

choirboy 21-11-2015 16:45

Re: Sean Mc
 
Well done to Sean Mac.......back to scoring goals currently in a great Stanley Team:mosher:

VALAIRIAN 21-11-2015 19:46

Re: Super Sean McConville :)
 
Not for me to say, but if we listen to the people who know...................



Stanley were off the pace but found their feet through Sean McConville on 29 minutes. He got the ball on the edge of the area and the classy winger made space for himself and found the top of the net with an absolutely superb finish.



Got more than his fair share of critics... even if he fires us to promotion, he will still be shot down.......

:) :) :)

stanley nick 21-11-2015 20:06

Re: Sean Mc
 
Clever footballer is sean and is proving a class act, he will make mistakes but think what he could achieve if everybody got behind him!

choirboy 27-11-2015 17:53

Re: Sean Mc
 
A goal for Sean at York tomorrow will do for me!

Redraine 27-11-2015 21:23

Re: Super Sean McConville :)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1155193)
Not for me to say, but if we listen to the people who know...................



Stanley were off the pace but found their feet through Sean McConville on 29 minutes. He got the ball on the edge of the area and the classy winger made space for himself and found the top of the net with an absolutely superb finish.



Got more than his fair share of critics... even if he fires us to promotion, he will still be shot down.......

:) :) :)

Even the boss is one of his critics. Coley called him out in public last week for not converting enough of his chances, but I haven't seen any comments on that on here. Maybe I have a point after all. It did the trick, though, so I wish Coley would say it more often.;)

VALAIRIAN 28-11-2015 07:01

Re: Super Sean McConville :)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 1155581)
Even the boss is one of his critics. Coley called him out in public last week for not converting enough of his chances, but I haven't seen any comments on that on here. Maybe I have a point after all. It did the trick, though, so I wish Coley would say it more often.;)

Let's hope that Coley criticises him every week ;)

:) :) :)

VALAIRIAN 29-11-2015 13:20

Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Another man of the match performance from Macca yesterday. Must have had another rocket from Coley ;)

:) :) :)

football19 29-11-2015 13:24

Re: Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1155723)
Another man of the match performance from Macca yesterday. Must have had another rocket from Coley ;)

:) :) :)

Or he was scared of missing the xmas party !!!!

VALAIRIAN 29-11-2015 14:51

Super Sean McConville...!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1155724)
Or he was scared of missing the xmas party !!!!

Maybe :)

choirboy 08-01-2016 22:15

Re: Sean Mc
 
Really surprised that Glasgow Rangers didn't come if for the 'Mercurial Mr Mc!'...

(Just trying to bring the thread up top to bring some 'Normality' to the site!!!!):gooddog:

ps. Was that news item this evening about 'Booze limits' for how much to drink in one evening?.......hic!

deeayess 08-01-2016 22:24

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1158212)
Really surprised that Glasgow Rangers didn't come if for the 'Mercurial Mr Mc!'...

(Just trying to bring the thread up top to bring some 'Normality' to the site!!!!):gooddog:

ps. Was that news item this evening about 'Booze limits' for how much to drink in one evening?.......hic!

Perhaps they're waiting for Andy Holt to calm down first as this might just tip him over the edge :D

The booze limit doesn't count if you didn't watch it. My story and I'm sticking to it :thepint:

AccyMad 09-01-2016 08:55

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1158212)
Really surprised that Glasgow Rangers didn't come if for the 'Mercurial Mr Mc!'...

(Just trying to bring the thread up top to bring some 'Normality' to the site!!!!):gooddog::eek:

ps. Was that news item this evening about 'Booze limits' for how much to drink in one evening?.......hic!

The limits were for a whole evening? Thought they were per hour???

VALAIRIAN 23-01-2016 20:10

Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
.

baldy 24-01-2016 08:36

Re: Sean Mc
 
Got to admit he was really good against Hartlepool, just needs to find a few goals from somewhere...quite underrated in my opinion!

Revived Red 24-01-2016 09:56

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1159241)
just needs to find a few goals from somewhere...quite underrated in my opinion!

A few good crosses wold help. Or even shots on target. Compare and contrast Piero Mingoia who, incidentally, made a couple of great defensive tackles yesterday. Am I the only one to notice that McConville spends a lot of time in that no man's land between defence and attack?

Exile on Spencer St 24-01-2016 12:04

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Revived Red (Post 1159243)
?..Am I the only one to notice that McConville spends a lot of time in that no man's land between defence and attack?

No, I think Exeter's right back (Brown) would have noticed how much space and time he got to play the ball out from the back.

Red-Osbornello 25-01-2016 11:34

Re: Sean Mc
 
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

New deal for McConville ? Accrington Stanley FC

baldy 25-01-2016 11:35

Re: Sean Mc
 
Happy with that!

Now Piero, Billy and the rest now please!

smobile 25-01-2016 11:39

Re: Sean Mc
 
Great news - Glad we are giving out some decent length contracts.

Also means this thread can keep on running............. :D

Redraine 25-01-2016 13:01

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Red-Osbornello (Post 1159301)

Ha ha ha ha haaaah! Is it April 1st then? Inevitable news, I suppose as no one else was going to take him off our hands, were they?:confused::confused:

football19 25-01-2016 13:18

Re: Sean Mc
 
Not an out and out winger but a clever footballer with a great touch.
He's comfortable on the ball which is key to how we play and he's one of our form players.
Done a great job on the left side which is not his natural one,fully deserved new deal for me ---- sorry redraine 😃

AccyMad 25-01-2016 14:27

Re: Sean Mc
 
Brilliant news indeed, good lad Sean for putting pen to paper - now lend the pen to a few others so they can do the same:)

VALAIRIAN 25-01-2016 17:48

Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean, Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Really pleased with this signing. I know that not everybody rates him and I have to admit that sometimes he does annoy me with his decision making.

Coley and Co like him and he is part of the fixtures :)

I would rather have him, than not.

:) :) :)

Redraine 25-01-2016 18:33

Re: Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean, Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
[QUOTE=VALAIRIAN;1159339

Coley and Co like him and he is part of the fixtures :)



:) :) :)[/QUOTE]
That's the problem. No room for sentiment in team matters, mate. I just hope his new contract helps him to relax a bit and hope he can improve his conversion rate. If not it scares me.

VALAIRIAN 25-01-2016 18:55

Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean, Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Agree, he should score more. I too hope he now starts to believe more and starts to repay the faith shown in him :)

Another plus point about this is, it gives us something to talk about at half time for the next couple of years :D

:) :) :)

Redraine 25-01-2016 19:33

Re: Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean, Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1159348)
Agree, he should score more. I too hope he now starts to believe more and starts to repay the faith shown in him :)

Another plus point about this is, it gives us something to talk about at half time for the next couple of years :D

:) :) :)

What a horrible prospect:mad:

AccyMad 26-01-2016 05:36

Re: Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean, Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 1159349)
What a horrible prospect:mad:

A little harsh - Joe's not that bad to talk to :)

monkey hanger 26-01-2016 08:20

Re: Sean Mc
 
there will be more pages on this thread than war and peace. think sean has improved since the start of the season but a 2 year extention I,m not sure. agree with people who hope others put pen to paper sooner rather than later. step up piero and billy kee.

cashman 26-01-2016 08:59

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1159368)
there will be more pages on this thread than war and peace. think sean has improved since the start of the season but a 2 year extention I,m not sure. agree with people who hope others put pen to paper sooner rather than later. step up piero and billy kee.

That will be a much harder task,yer talking about good players now.:D hope it can be done though.

VALAIRIAN 30-01-2016 19:01

Re: Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean, Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 1159345)
That's the problem. No room for sentiment in team matters, mate. I just hope his new contract helps him to relax a bit and hope he can improve his conversion rate. If not it scares me.

Well just got back, not much else to say than yet another man of the match (winning) performance from Macca... Could easily have had the match ball. Great save from their keeper from a brilliant glancing header and another super save after Macca drove into the box after beating 3 defenders :)

As it says in the thread... Super, Super Sean............

:D :D :D

AccyMad 30-01-2016 19:13

Re: Sean Mc
 
Well put Joe, doubt even his regular knockers could fault him today

VALAIRIAN 30-01-2016 19:18

Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean, Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1159812)
Well put Joe, doubt even his regular knockers could fault him today

I would not go that far ;) I am sure he played at least two balls just short in the first half :D

:) :) :)

baldy 30-01-2016 19:19

Re: Sean Mc
 
Sean McConville was poor today!!!!! Only scored one goal which won us 3 points!! Should have atleast had a hatrick!!

AccyMad 30-01-2016 19:21

Re: Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean, Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1159813)
I would not go that far ;) I am sure he played at least two balls just short in the first half :D

:) :) :)

You're right - silly me! And in the second half his hair was all over the place ;)

Chimer 30-01-2016 19:24

Re: Sean Mc
 
I reckon Redraine is actually Sean's biggest fan, just posts the way he does to produce a performance :D - seems to have worked today :)

VALAIRIAN 30-01-2016 19:29

Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1159815)
Sean McConville was poor today!!!!! Only scored one goal which won us 3 points!! Should have atleast had a hatrick!!

Agree completely :)

VALAIRIAN 30-01-2016 19:30

Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1159818)
I reckon Redraine is actually Sean's biggest fan, just posts the way he does to produce a performance :D - seems to have worked today :)

You reckon :confused:

:) :) :)

Redraine 30-01-2016 19:42

Re: Sean Mc
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1159818)
I reckon Redraine is actually Sean's biggest fan, just posts the way he does to produce a performance :D - seems to have worked today :)

Wish I was that clever. Though I did say when he signed that I hoped it would relax Coley's pressure on him. Seems to be the case!

cashman 30-01-2016 19:58

Re: Sean Mc
 
he sure did ok today no question.

widnes viking 31-01-2016 11:51

Re: Sean Mc
 
He's played well all season but has had a really good last couple of weeks.


All times are GMT. The time now is 19:26.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com

Page generated in 0.25675 seconds with 8 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1