Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Sean Mc (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/sean-mc-58483.html)

yerself 31-01-2016 14:19

Re: Sean Mc

I've been told he actually made a tackle in the Bristol game.:rolleyes:

VALAIRIAN 12-02-2016 20:06

Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to the Crawley game tomorrow and looking forward to another match winning, man of the match performance from Super Mac ;)

:) :) :)

"Super, super Sean, super, super Sean, super, super Sean, super Sean McConville - repeat, repeat.... repeat...."

Redraine 12-02-2016 22:17

Re: Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1160947)
Looking forward to the Crawley game tomorrow and looking forward to another match winning, man of the match performance from Super Mac ;)

"Super, super Sean, super, super Sean, super, super Sean, super Sean McConville - repeat, repeat.... repeat...."

I can only admire your pointless staying power! I am bringing 3 unbiased neutrals along with me tomorrow, so we'll see what they have to say on the subject.

VALAIRIAN 13-02-2016 11:06

I look forward to meeting them :)

monkey hanger 13-02-2016 11:21

can,t we give this thread a rest. wether fans like it or not he,s one of our own. wasn,t too keen myself when he came back but I,ve given him a chance and hasn,t been too bad at times. we have had others in the past who have been much worse and they seem to get away with it. negativity can spread quickly so give him a break, support him like you do your favourites.

deeayess 13-02-2016 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 1160975)
I can only admire your pointless staying power! I am bringing 3 unbiased neutrals along with me tomorrow, so we'll see what they have to say on the subject.

Never trust the opinion of an unbiased neutral, it's always more fun when it's two biased opinions that are opposite :D

deeayess 13-02-2016 11:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1161002)
can,t we give this thread a rest. wether fans like it or not he,s one of our own. wasn,t too keen myself when he came back but I,ve given him a chance and hasn,t been too bad at times. we have had others in the past who have been much worse and they seem to get away with it. negativity can spread quickly so give him a break, support him like you do your favourites.

I would like to think we all support everyone who pulls on the red jersey. I think this thread is probably more tongue in cheek now than how it started off.

Hopefully he plays a blinder and scores a few as I could do to see a few goals after last week

Redraine 13-02-2016 12:29

Quote:

can,t we give this thread a rest.

Couldn't agree more!

choirboy 13-02-2016 19:11

Quote:

Why? It is a super thread!
I hope that it gets better and better with Sean playing his part in a PROMOTION winning team!
I thought that Sean had a cracking match today. Doing lots of super stuff going forward but also getting in some sturdy tackles defensively too!:alright::jimbo:

Redraine 13-02-2016 19:25

You are easily pleased. Thread closed.:D

choirboy 13-02-2016 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 1161068)
You are easily pleased. Thread closed.:D

Mike.......What I am easily pleased by, is a great Stanley victory in which all the players played their part, including your ' favourite' .....:D
The one and only..........Sean Mac!:dflam:

MikeA 20-02-2016 20:45

From Oxford United's match report:
'the dangerous Sean McConville'.

Eat your words, you doubters!

baldy 21-02-2016 10:22

MikeA, You won't get a reply until he has a bad game then they'll be back on this thread like leeches!

monkey hanger 21-02-2016 11:19

good job it wasn,t sean who did the back pass last Tuesday night, we,d have had another 10 pages by now. funny how the back pass was ignored. all players are equal but some more equal than others.

cashman 21-02-2016 11:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1161730)
MikeA, You won't get a reply until he has a bad game then they'll be back on this thread like leeches!

If he was consistent he would certainly be a plus, regular not occasionally.:rolleyes:

VALAIRIAN 21-02-2016 16:56

Cashy, there are a few who would say that he was consistant :D

cashman 21-02-2016 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1161770)
Cashy, there are a few who would say that he was consistant :D

To me face?:D

choirboy 26-05-2016 13:04

Is Sean already 'On Contract' for another year or will he be leaving to go elsewhere for 'BIG BUCKS'?:hidewall:

choirboy 26-05-2016 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1169549)
Is Sean already 'On Contract' for another year or will he be leaving to go elsewhere for 'BIG BUCKS'?:hidewall:

Answered my own question when I looked at the "Summer Signings" post!:gooddog:

Redraine 26-05-2016 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1169551)
Answered my own question when I looked at the "Summer Signings" post!:gooddog:

No other F.L. club would have him mate! ��

yerself 26-05-2016 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA
'the dangerous Sean McConville'

Has he had a brain transplant?:rolleyes:

st06nc2 26-05-2016 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by yerself (Post 1169556)
Has he had a brain transplant?:rolleyes:

Sean Mac in disguise

Inspector Morse 26-05-2016 16:21

Does anyone know how many times he hit the woodwork last season?

I reckon its between 8 and 10.

When playing FIFA in our house hitting the bar/post is known as doing a McConville.

Morecambe_Red 26-05-2016 16:41

Someone (not very reliable !) on our forum reckons we have signed Dean Winnard.

Is that likely , is he one of your ones out of contract and yet to sign ?

We have released virtually every defender we had on our books last season which is a great relief so Jim will be looking to sign defenders.

AccyMad 26-05-2016 16:58

Hope this is just an idle rumour, F19 can you put our minds at rest please??

baldy 26-05-2016 18:22

He was our captain until he got the injury!

With Morecambes wage budget being cut even more according to a lot of Morecambe fans then can't see this one happening...

Christies Child 26-05-2016 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1169571)

With Morecambes wage budget being cut even more according to a lot of Morecambe fans then can't see this one happening...

Pure speculation on BOTH counts.

It always amazes me how budgets become known to all and sundry at nearly every club.

:confused::confused::confused:

Mind you we wouldn't mind taking one of your better defenders.....;););)

cashman 26-05-2016 18:43

Quote:

He was our captain until he got the injury!..

Also our best defender imho.

Morecambe_Red 26-05-2016 18:54

Quote:

I'm not sure the wage budget is being cut. After all the League 2 money for each club is being increased quite substantially.

And if we are "bought" as expected either this month or in June the budget may be increased.

AccyMad 26-05-2016 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morecambe_Red (Post 1169575)
I'm not sure the wage budget is being cut. After all the League 2 money for each club is being increased quite substantially.

And if we are "bought" as expected either this month or in June the budget may be increased.

Depends who buys you, I hear Venky's are on the lookout for a sister club to Rovers & they'd quite like one that's beside the seaside :rolleyes:

Christies Child 26-05-2016 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1169576)
Depends who buys you, I hear Venky's are on the lookout for a sister club to Rovers & they'd quite like one that's beside the seaside :rolleyes:

Ouch.....that's cruel....surely you wouldn't want that to your fellow former non leaguers.......but Blackpool....now that would be appropriate....:alright:

choirboy 27-05-2016 07:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 1169554)
No other F.L. club would have him mate! ��

Morecambe could have him but they would have to compensate us as he he is still on contract to the Stanley.........:egged:
I reckon £500,000 should cover the loss to Stanley!!!!
:tongueout
Hee hee!!

cashman 27-05-2016 08:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1169591)
Morecambe could have him but they would have to compensate us as he he is still on contract to the Stanley.........:egged:
I reckon £500,000 should cover the loss to Stanley!!!!
:tongueout
Hee hee!!

We cant afford to pay Morecambe that much.:D

choirboy 06-07-2016 09:23

What? .....no "BANTER"!:D

VALAIRIAN 07-08-2016 19:55

Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had an OK game yesterday and scored the goal of the season (so far) to ensure maximum points :)

Hope this is a sign of things to come this season :)

cashman 07-08-2016 20:00

Re: Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1174037)
Had an OK game yesterday and scored the goal of the season (so far) to ensure maximum points :)

Hope this is a sign of things to come this season :)

If he were to become consistent (a big ask) then could be.

ferret man 07-08-2016 20:58

please look up the word "SUPPORTER"

Exile on Spencer St 07-08-2016 22:14

I did. It's in the dictionary, after 'opinion'.

cashman 08-08-2016 07:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferret man (Post 1174039)
please look up the word "SUPPORTER"

Look up CLOWN whilst yeh got dictionary out.:rolleyes:

baldy 08-08-2016 07:55

Also look at last seasons facts on how many of Sean's goals got us 3 points...

monkey hanger 08-08-2016 08:14

every side seem to have a player like sean that splits the fanbase as to him ability or lack of. i for one want him to to do well as he wears our shirt but being inconsistant can be anoying to say the least as well as going missing during games.

Chimer 08-08-2016 09:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1174060)
every side seem to have a player like sean that splits the fanbase as to him ability or lack of. i for one want him to to do well as he wears our shirt but being inconsistant can be anoying to say the least as well as going missing during games.

'Twere ever thus - during the interregnum I was about the only person in the Stretford End who didn't think John Aston was useless, until he came out as pretty much m-o-m in the European Cup Final in 1968.

He was a left winger too ...... :D

Exile on Spencer St 08-08-2016 10:01

We might have caught the same Ribble bus from Melbourne St to Manchester in those days, Chimer!
The comparison of Sean McConville with Johnny Aston is a good one, in three respects at least.
Not only was he a relative (son!) of the United coach, he also had rather a good player on the other wing, whose skill he could rarely match and with whom he was inevitably but unfairly compared.
You're right he played a blinder at Wembley in 1968, but, I suggest, otherwise rarely proved a match winner.

baldy 19-09-2016 13:27

In this weeks "Team of the Week!"

Well done Sean!

monkey hanger 19-09-2016 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1177137)
In this weeks "Team of the Week!"

Well done Sean!

credit where credit is due. lets have more of the same sean.

maccawozzagod 19-09-2016 22:00

So is Chapman (Portsmouth recorded zero shots on target)

Chimer 19-09-2016 22:15

From the Portsmouth News:

LET'S 'AVE HIM

Sean McConville

Excellent delivery from dead balls, yet it was his all-round attacking play which made him a regular threat to Pompey.

and in their player ratings:

Sean McConville - 8 - At the heart of every bright moment.

and:

HE'S ALL YOURS

Billy Kee

Wasn't allowed a kick by the superb Tom Davies, struggling to get in the game as a result.

Let's hope it continues :) - (not for Billy obviously) I know some will say everyone's bound to have a good game sometime :rolleyes: but you never know

AccyMad 20-09-2016 06:25

I'd agree with all the above, Tom did effectively stop Billy from playing but I still can't believe he got away with the way he did it while Billy got absolutely no protection from the ref, no wonder Tom was smirking!

choirboy 26-12-2016 13:12

Will the 'Great Man' be back in the team today?:p:rolleyes::cool:;):(:confused::mosher:

cashman 26-12-2016 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1183767)
Will the 'Great Man' be back in the team today?:p:rolleyes::cool:;):(:confused::mosher:

Do fish swim?:D

AccyMad 26-12-2016 14:13

Does the record ever change? :rolleyes:

cashman 26-12-2016 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1183771)
Does the record ever change? :rolleyes:

Why should it when the useless dont?:rolleyes:

AccyMad 26-12-2016 16:52

Can't blame the lad today - or last week come to that, just saying. . . .:rolleyes:

monkey hanger 27-12-2016 10:25

there,s more than just him i,m afraid.

yonmon 27-12-2016 11:53

Talking about the boy wonder took me down a different path this morning, I remembered well the many comments that Redraine used to make on his behalf !.

Is today then ,being so near the end of the year when we all have lost good friends , the time to pause a moment and recall the important contributions which they made to our lives.....Join me in this if you have a moment !.

Sorry to detract from this tremendously important thread !.

KTF !.

Crown Grounder 28-12-2016 00:15

As ever Yonmon, more timeless wisdom. Amen

VALAIRIAN 03-01-2017 12:27

Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean, Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another assist for Macca yesterday :)

cashman 03-01-2017 12:36

Re: Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean, Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1184343)
Another assist for Macca yesterday :)

Aye along wi the assist for Pools 1 st goal.:D

ferret man 03-01-2017 13:06

Re: Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean, Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just like to remind Sean's knockers that PEARSON, and CHAPMAN also played a big part in the first goal with CHAPMAN playing a MAJOR roll in the second.

Exile on Spencer St 03-01-2017 13:23

I didn't know Sean had knockers.:rolleyes:

yonmon 03-01-2017 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1184348)

Love It Exile !....just love it !.:thankya:

cashman 03-01-2017 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1184348)

Well he is a tit.

Revived Red 03-01-2017 15:22

I am finding it difficult to keep abreast of this thread.

yonmon 03-01-2017 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revived Red (Post 1184367)
I am finding it difficult to keep abreast of this thread.

A couple of good points about it though !.

( AccyMad will be Bridling at all this chauvinistic rambling...which after all is nothing but a storm in a D Cup ! ).

AccyMad 03-01-2017 16:50

Not rising to the bait or getting drawn into a discussion which has seemingly reduced grown men to such juvenile humour Alan :rolleyes:

monkey hanger 04-01-2017 09:16

why all this views on sean after every game. i for one did not want him back at the club but can,t keep on about his play after every game. lets have a go at others as well. mccarten is one who only shows form when he comes off the bench for a start. seamus not as good as last season, and don,t really rate jordan clark. all players are equal but some seem to be more equal than others.

yonmon 04-01-2017 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1184408)
why- all this views on sean after every game. i for one did not want him back at the club but can,t keep on about his play after every game. lets have a go at others as well. mccarten is one who only shows form when he comes off the bench for a start. seamus not as good as last season, and don,t really rate jordan clark. all players are equal but some seem to be more equal than others.

I felt certain that by now everyone on the Forum had figured out the answer to this one !....
One or two adore the ground he treads upon, others actively dislike him (can't think why though ?)...but as for me ....it's merely keeping up the tradition initiated many moons ago by others brighter than I !.

Now, it would seem, you too have heard the Lorelei call and seen fit to extend the life of this protracted but fascinating thread !..now isn't that curious ?.

baldy 04-01-2017 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 1184409)
One or two adore the ground he treads upon

I don't adore the ground Sean walks on but one thing I've never understood is people screaming wave after wave of abuse at a player whether it be United fans at Old Trafford or Clitheroe fans at Shawbridge!

What does anybody gain from it?

Slate a player in the pub or on here but at the game we should be giving players nothing but encouragement.

What I have noticed is if Billy loses the ball its "Unlucky Billy" but if certain others lose the ball it's another wave of abuse!

yonmon 04-01-2017 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1184423)
I don't adore the ground Sean walks on but one thing I've never understood is people screaming wave after wave of abuse at a player whether it be United fans at Old Trafford or Clitheroe fans at Shawbridge!

What does anybody gain from it?

Slate a player in the pub or on here but at the game we should be giving players nothing but encouragement.

What I have noticed is if Billy loses the ball its "Unlucky Billy" but if certain others lose the ball it's another wave of abuse!

If you are referring to my earlier post describing Macs passing, control and crossing the ball during Tuesday's game as inept, I was merely stating my opinion as to what appeared before my eyes !, and if you see this as hurling wave upon wave of abuse at him then so be it .
As to using the term 'unlucky Billy ', I for one never see luck of any kind having anything to do with what goes on in a game of Soccer, as I outlined in some detail in another thread.
But I also opined that there was a general lack of quality existing in the current squad resulting in a rather strange attitude being apparent in the team !.
My feelings regarding the player in question are totally ambivalent, if he performs well then I will say so, if he continues to show a lack of basic ability then my opinion will show this, without 'slating' the young man whatsoever,

I am surprised that my totally tongue in cheek riposte to MH's post was taken somewhat seriously...must earnestly consider cutting out the flippancies !.

Happy New Year Baldy !

KTF.

keep the faith 04-01-2017 18:53

QUOTE:One or two adore the ground he treads upon, others actively dislike him (can't think why though ?)...

QUOTE: (8/7/11) Post# 1 This thread...................I hope he​ falls flat on his face at Stockport ! Money grabber !! What happened to a footballer​s dreams of wanting to get to the highest they could go? But no , drop a league for a few extra pounds! No loyalty to the fans , the club and especially​ John and Jimmy! He was a nothing before and a nothing now! Good riddance!!

Hes really annoyed me since we gave him his break and would rather go down a league for money !! Tbh , Stockport must be delerious ! In my honest opinion he really isn't that good of a player! He got goals last season but most of time he looked like he could be assed and cost us MASSIVELY in the playoffs!!

Just to jog your memory Yonmon!

yonmon 04-01-2017 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by keep the faith (Post 1184440)
QUOTE:One or two adore the ground he treads upon, others actively dislike him (can't think why though ?)...

QUOTE: (8/7/11) Post# 1 This thread...................I hope he​ falls flat on his face at Stockport ! Money grabber !! What happened to a footballer​s dreams of wanting to get to the highest they could go? But no , drop a league for a few extra pounds! No loyalty to the fans , the club and especially​ John and Jimmy! He was a nothing before and a nothing now! Good riddance!!

Hes really annoyed me since we gave him his break and would rather go down a league for money !! Tbh , Stockport must be delerious ! In my honest opinion he really isn't that good of a player! He got goals last season but most of time he looked like he could be assed and cost us MASSIVELY in the playoffs!!

Just to jog your memory Yonmon!

People are still quoting my attempt to post a short measure of subtle irony I see !...and this time slightly out of context ?.

Even In my dotage I can well remember the many slurs aimed in Sean's direction,, some of which you list here, and on this occasion my ageing, yet moderately efficient memory does not need to be jogged one little bit to recall these posts with which I did not concur one little bit !.

I thought that I had outlined my position, when I stated quite honestly that it is not within my makeup to 'slate' as Baldy termed it Sean, or anyone else, usually being able to moderate my thinking to avoid stooping to this negative and unproductive behaviour.

But if this forum still allows one to outline an opinion, whether for or against some topic relating to Accrington Stanley's Officials, Ground, Players, Fans, or any other facet relating to it, then like you or any other user of it's threads, I really would like to continue making my, if at times quirky, contribution to these.

KTF.... and a Happy New Year !.

maccawozzagod 04-01-2017 20:33

Paul Mullin = Record appearance holder
Dave Hargreaves = Record Goalscorer
Phil Edwards = Most successive appearanxes
Sean McConvile = Record Thread on Accy Web

Love him or loathe he's in the record books!

keep the faith 04-01-2017 20:50

No further comment. Enough said.

A happy New Year to you too!

Revived Red 04-01-2017 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 1184448)
Sean McConvile

A Freudian slip, methinks!!

Exile on Spencer St 04-01-2017 21:02

1 Attachment(s)
It seems that it's not just his knockers that Sean has to worry about...
Ouch!

mab 04-01-2017 21:08

At the time I thought the ref was a bit card happy but looking at that pic now :( seems he was correct.

yonmon 04-01-2017 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1184454)
It seems that it's not just his knockers that Sean has to worry about...
Ouch!

And what sort of riposte do you expect from this bit of suggestive badinage ?...Thought that Mab was coming up with one, but alas sadly disappointed !.

baldy 04-01-2017 21:24

Yonmon...I wasn't aiming anything toward you, Just football fans in general that scream abuse at the game, Seen as I don't know you I wouldn't be able to say if you do this or not!

Everyone pays their £20 so can have an opinion, I just don't think it helps screaming at a Stanley player during the game, which I've noticed a few people doing more and more lately!

Also don't understand fans slating Sean going to Stockport, Don't forget Didi Hamman was manager which probably excited Sean and sold him a pipe dream, aswell as a takeover being imminent which didnt materialise.

What happens when a footballer retires at 35 but hasn't earnt as much money is his career as he could have because he stayed at a club on less money?

yonmon 04-01-2017 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1184459)
Yonmon...I wasn't aiming anything toward you, Just football fans in general that scream abuse at the game, Seen as I don't know you I wouldn't be able to say if you do this or not!

Everyone pays their £20 so can have an opinion, I just don't think it helps screaming at a Stanley player during the game, which I've noticed a few people doing more and more lately!

Also don't understand fans slating Sean going to Stockport, Don't forget Didi Hamman was manager which probably excited Sean and sold him a pipe dream, aswell as a takeover being imminent which didnt materialise.

What happens when a footballer retires at 35 but hasn't earnt as much money is his career as he could have because he stayed at a club on less money?

just don't think it helps screaming at a Stanley player during the game, which I've noticed a few people doing more and more lately!

Baldy !, I have neither the inclination or the breath to scream abuse at anyone !...but if you happen to hear a few hushed murmurs of criticism emanating from Row D then this might possibly be me getting over-excited !...FA19 will confirm this if you happen to see him !.

I do understand your concern regarding the directing of abuse at players and our Manager during a game and have posted my disgust of this on several occasions, as to the off-field situations existing at Stockport County, not being au fait with all this I find it difficult to either agree or disagree with you on this point.
I could not begin to imagine what becomes of a footballer , who upon retirement at 35 years of age, finds himself through no fault of his own, struggling to make ends meet. This situation must I feel happen over and over again, and must be for them and their families a very trying situation indeed ,and one could only feel sad on their behalf.

I am going on and on again Baldy !... I value your comments and insights.

KTF ! and ON STANLEY ON....TO GREATER THINGS !

monkey hanger 05-01-2017 09:17

I could not begin to imagine what becomes of a footballer , who upon retirement at 35 years of age, finds himself through no fault of his own, struggling to make ends meet. This situation must I feel happen over and over again, and must be for them and their families a very trying situation indeed ,and one could only feel sad on their behalf

use their common sense thats what. study for a trade whilst still playing then when you reach a certain age or get a free transfer take up the trade and go part time for a few years. my old man did this and we weren,t on the breadline by any means.

yonmon 05-01-2017 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1184468)
I could not begin to imagine what becomes of a footballer , who upon retirement at 35 years of age, finds himself through no fault of his own, struggling to make ends meet. This situation must I feel happen over and over again, and must be for them and their families a very trying situation indeed ,and one could only feel sad on their behalf

use their common sense thats what. study for a trade whilst still playing then when you reach a certain age or get a free transfer take up the trade and go part time for a few years. my old man did this and we weren,t on the breadline by any means.

MH !...I was merely trying to give some sort of an answer to the three points in Baldy s post, perhaps if you were to refer to this then you might comprehend what, in the absence of more information, I was trying to say.

Again I take all you say on board being certain that this topic could be the source of hours and hours discussion !...if time allowed !.

Back to the thread then MH ?.

KTF

yonmon 07-01-2017 17:46

I promised earlier in this thread, where I really did criticise SM's performance, that if he ever played well then in fairness I would say so !.
Well, against Luton Town this afternoon his all round efforts warrant a word or two of praise.
So, well done Sean and show us all that consistency which today's play suggest you are capable of !.

KTF.

Lord Didsbury 07-01-2017 18:07

He's been consistently good all season.

AccyMad 07-01-2017 18:34

Well played Sean Mac!! & indeed all the team - course there were still some at half time insisting that his goal was a cross & he couldn't have meant it!! I give up!!

SamF 07-01-2017 18:41

I don't rate the lad in general but I think he's had his best season.

Man of the match today with a quality goal and quality assist, then putting in a defensive shift.

VALAIRIAN 07-01-2017 19:04

Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean, Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see Macca managed to scuff one into the top corner today, well I suppose they all count :)

AccyMad 07-01-2017 19:22

He didn't mean it you know, was a cross that went astray ;)

VALAIRIAN 07-01-2017 19:29

Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Possibly?? :)

Not as bad as his attempt early in the second half, which - luckily - Omar managed to head home... :)

cashman 07-01-2017 19:35

Thats what makes this thread hilarious imho, when he plays well detractors give him credit, when he plays badly those who favour him vanish.:hehetable

Crown Grounder 07-01-2017 19:39

Well Cashy ....... was his goal a good goal?

cashman 07-01-2017 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1184719)
Well Cashy ....... was his goal a good goal?

If yeh bothered to read the match thread, i said it was reported to be a cracker.;) not being yon today i can only go off the report.

AccyMad 07-01-2017 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1184716)
Possibly?? :)

Not as bad as his attempt early in the second half, which - luckily - Omar managed to head home... :)

Phew, yeah - that was bad, so glad Beckles recovered it for him :rolleyes:

AccyMad 07-01-2017 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1184718)
Thats what makes this thread hilarious imho, when he plays well detractors give him credit, when he plays badly those who favour him vanish.:hehetable

Really?? If you wanna stand by that fair enough :rolleyes:

Crown Grounder 07-01-2017 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1184720)
If yeh bothered to read the match thread, i said it was reported to be a cracker.;) not being yon today i can only go off the report.

Hopefully it will get good coverage on the highlights show and you can judge for yourself. The timing was certainly great at 45+2.......

cashman 07-01-2017 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1184722)
Really?? If you wanna stand by that fair enough :rolleyes:

Well di you are 1 that vanishes if he plays badly.:D

AccyMad 07-01-2017 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1184739)
Well di you are 1 that vanishes if he plays badly.:D

Not at all, I may vanish when others think he's played badly as I get fed up of the same old comments levelled at the lad, as I've said before it's a matter of opinion :rolleyes::)

MikeA 08-01-2017 01:47

The first of the BBC's 'Stunning goals from Saturday's FA Cup matches':
FA Cup: Stunning goals from Saturday's matches - BBC Sport

monkey hanger 08-01-2017 09:02

think thats why people get on his back. he,s got it in him to be a good player but sometimes gives the impression he couldn,t care less.

cashman 08-01-2017 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1184749)
Not at all, I may vanish when others think he's played badly as I get fed up of the same old comments levelled at the lad, as I've said before it's a matter of opinion :rolleyes::)

Thats exactly what i'm on about,if good i say so, if poor i say so.that what i find hilarious,people vanishing instead of telling it as it is. same old comments is just an excuse NOT to critize in my book ;)

VALAIRIAN 08-01-2017 11:16

Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1184767)
The first of the BBC's 'Stunning goals from Saturday's FA Cup matches':
FA Cup: Stunning goals from Saturday's matches - BBC Sport

Looks even better on there :)