Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Razor???????????? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/razor-58723.html)

smudgie 30-07-2011 08:53

Razor????????????

Has there been any OFFICIAL news if he has been released or not???

Obviously nobody has seen him, but there hasnt been anything announced???

Anybody know???

cashman 30-07-2011 09:10

Re: Razor????????????

heard nowt smudge, sadly i reckon thats written off, stupid boy.:(

fc:stanley 30-07-2011 11:51

Last seen in Liverpool greggs chomping on a steak bake !

nige b 30-07-2011 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by fc:stanley (Post 922351)
Last seen in Liverpool greggs chomping on a steak bake !

must have seen him just after you fc cos he still had crumbs round his face and i thought he was rude in speaking with his mouth full of steak bake but still managed to say 'big mac meal please'

smudgie 31-07-2011 11:58

Was he really that much overweight ??? :(

shakermaker 31-07-2011 12:55

Think it says a lot about his professionalism that he was told to go and get himself fit before he'd be offered a contract and he hasn't been seen at any training sessions or pre-season friendlies. A massive talent but has only himself to blame if it goes down the toilet, as harsh as that sounds.

Larry Lobster 31-07-2011 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 922571)
Think it says a lot about his professionalism that he was told to go and get himself fit before he'd be offered a contract and he hasn't been seen at any training sessions or pre-season friendlies. A massive talent but has only himself to blame if it goes down the toilet, as harsh as that sounds.

That's all very well, but in fairness the lad was asked to turn up for pre-season, work for a month for free, in the hope of a contract that might never materialise. It's a long time to go without being paid. I don't know his circumstances, has he a family to support? but maybe he's got himself a job. Lower end League 2 wages aren't much different to shelf stacking job at Tesco. ( No disrespect meant to shelf stackers at Tesco or any other supermarket)

cashman 31-07-2011 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Lobster (Post 922648)
That's all very well, but in fairness the lad was asked to turn up for pre-season, work for a month for free, in the hope of a contract that might never materialise. It's a long time to go without being paid. I don't know his circumstances, has he a family to support? but maybe he's got himself a job. Lower end League 2 wages aren't much different to shelf stacking job at Tesco. ( No disrespect meant to shelf stackers at Tesco or any other supermarket)

Thats all very well Larry, but i agree wi shaker, Who stood by him, when he cocked up wi that other stuff last season? the club!, it would have been nice to see lad reciprocate a bit of faith. imho.

Larry Lobster 31-07-2011 21:43

You mean the appearance at Tranmere? Well quite frankly, Accrington Stanley FC didn't exactly come out of that smelling of roses. It's surely the clubs responsibility to ensure that players are eligable to play in a particular competition.

I just think it's easy as a fan to criticise a player when the actual details of the situation aren't clear. I thought, from what i saw of him last season that he was deserving of another contract. I clearly felt the same of other player (s) as well!!! Watch out for Macc Town this season, pre-season has been very encouraging.

cashman 31-07-2011 22:02

he was me favourite player last season larry, as anyone knows me will tell yeh, n i would have liked nowt better fer him to stay n prove me faith in him, i personally think he has behaved very childishly given the circumstances n needs to grow up a bit.

Larry Lobster 31-07-2011 22:16

fair play to you. It's all about opinions, and i have no idea whether Razor has had any kind of trial at another club or has just simply given up. It'd be a shame if he has given up because the lad has bags of potential.

As for the coming season, I've kept a close eye on Stanley's pre-season and in truth not been particularly overwhelmed with what i've read, other than a decent sounding performance against Rovers.

I'd have loved my lad to be still with Stanley, but footballers move around and Macclesfield Town is my new team. I've been more than impressed by the set up at Macc and the the performances I've seen so far. A creditable 2-2 draw with Derby Co., a draw with Chesterfield and a 1-0 victory yesterday against Notts County. That coupled with wins against the might of Buxton and Congleton have added to a good pre-season.

However, we all start again with a clean slate next Saturday. I hope Stanley have a great season, slightly less great than Macc Town though!!!!

cashman 31-07-2011 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Lobster (Post 922690)
fair play to you. It's all about opinions, and i have no idea whether Razor has had any kind of trial at another club or has just simply given up. It'd be a shame if he has given up because the lad has bags of potential.

my opinion fer what its worth,i think the lad is better n a league 2 player, if he adapted himself properly n its a great shame.

football19 01-08-2011 08:21

some interesting points there,for what its worth,heres my opinion!!.
Alan,we have seen hundreds of talented lads come and go,what you need to suceed is also desire.(look at jimmy ryan,talented,but also a winners desire to better himself)
Against Heswall last pre-season razor looked over-weight,but did enough to warrant another look(unlike his ex team mate, burns,another talented lad.)
Within a short period of time he dropped a lot of weight,got his contract,had a few good games,and in my opinion,just drifted back into his comfort zone.
How many players put weght on during the season?,not many.
Coleman is no fool,if you toss it off in training,then no matter how good you are,your out of the team.
good players respond to this ,others play at being "big-time",he should have looked at Ryans attitude for guidance.
Saying all that,i believe hes a talented lad,but only he can give the desire and enthusiasum required to go with his talent.

cashman 01-08-2011 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Lobster (Post 922648)
That's all very well, but in fairness the lad was asked to turn up for pre-season, work for a month for free, in the hope of a contract.

can i just ask- surely he would have been offered a contract,like others if he had been fit?:confused: good player,but i give credit to coley fer not being dumb.

football19 01-08-2011 08:40

I agree Cashy,and i wonder why he never took the option up,as they say he had one foot in the door!,that tells me a lot about his attitude,or lack of it