Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   "Price of football" study (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/price-of-football-study-58755.html)

Whalley Red 02-08-2011 12:06

"Price of football" study

BBC Sport - Price of Football - League Two clubs

Some interesting results from this study, but mainly it dispels the notion that the price of football at the Crown Ground is amongst the cheapest in League 2.

The club sets the price for admission and programmes, so taking those two prices alone, only 12 of 23 teams in League 2 have a minimum adult price more expensive than at Stanley.

Only the pies at the Crown Ground are really cheap!

That was based on last year's prices ... is there any confirmation about 2011/12 gate prices? Surely they can't match the huge increase in season ticket prices?

cashman 02-08-2011 13:32

Re: "Price of football" study

well unless i'm blind theres only Hereford cheaper?:confused: n there pies are near double. lol

Whalley Red 02-08-2011 13:45

The prices in green are the lowest adult admission prices - nine L2 clubs have cheaper admission prices than Stanley. And only Leeds have a more expensive programme in all the four divisions in England and the SPL.

cashman 02-08-2011 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whalley Red (Post 922947)
The prices in green are the lowest adult admission prices - nine L2 clubs have cheaper admission prices than Stanley. And only Leeds have a more expensive programme in all the four divisions in England and the SPL.

Ahhh i am blind.:D only 3 progs are cheaper,they all seem the same ridiculous price, hence i never buy one.

lancsdave 02-08-2011 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whalley Red (Post 922939)
That was based on last year's prices ... is there any confirmation about 2011/12 gate prices? Surely they can't match the huge increase in season ticket prices?

Don't quote me but I think it's £16

Exile on Spencer St 02-08-2011 14:19

Assuming an adult can get in at the cheapest concessionary price, and that a programme, pie and coffee are essential to the enjoyment of the match, then it's £3 less to go a watch Rovers than Stanley. And they give you a free frozen chicken when you leave. :eek:

MikeA 02-08-2011 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 922955)
And they give you a free frozen chicken when you leave. :eek:

Is there a vegetarian option? :)

cashman 02-08-2011 14:25

Quote:

Assuming an adult can get in at the cheapest concessionary price, and that a programme, pie and coffee are essential to the enjoyment of the match, then it's £3 less to go a watch Rovers than Stanley. And they give you a free frozen chicken when you leave. :eek:

True but its worth £3 to stand up.:D

MikeA 02-08-2011 14:55

These figures don't stand up to scrutiny.

For example, Rotherham, Torquay and Plymouth are all shown as charging a minimum of £10 per match but, if you check their websites, tickets for their first home league matches are shown as £18, £17 and £20 respectively.

Possibly, they've given the over-60s price as the minimum or even a reduced price that they are charging for an isolated Carling Cup tie. We don't know what the clubs were asked to provide but, whatever the explanation, the table is just a nonsense and it's quite likely that Stanley's league prices are the lowest after all.

Yet another case of a sloppy journalist not bothering to check the facts properly?

cashman 02-08-2011 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 922963)
These figures don't stand up to scrutiny.

For example, Rotherham, Torquay and Plymouth are all shown as charging a minimum of £10 per match but, if you check their websites, tickets for their first home league matches are shown as £18, £17 and £20 respectively.

Possibly, they've given the over-60s price as the minimum or even a reduced price that they are charging for an isolated Carling Cup tie. We don't know what the clubs were asked to provide but, whatever the explanation, the table is just a nonsense and it's quite likely that Stanley's league prices are the lowest after all.

Yet another case of a sloppy journalist not bothering to check the facts properly?

seems very likely to me.

jaysay 02-08-2011 17:50

£4 for a pie at the Emerates what a total bloody rip off

Outback Ozzy 02-08-2011 17:55

Quote:

Only for certain games probably no more than 2 or 3 otherwise, Rovers = rip off

jaysay 02-08-2011 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy (Post 923000)
Only for certain games probably no more than 2 or 3 otherwise, Rovers = rip off

The figures were taken over a season not an odd game or two

Revived Red 02-08-2011 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 923003)
The figures were taken over a season not an odd game or two

No so. Simon Williams clearly says that the Blackburn price of £10 relates only to some matches.

The whole survey is ludicrous. The opening paragraph suggests it is for the coming season - that cannot be correct. In many cases, like is not being compared with like.

maccawozzagod 02-08-2011 20:49

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Clayton End standing was £13 last year was it not?