Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Who's better (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/whos-better-5963.html)

K3MPY 13-10-2004 14:19

Who's better

Who do u reckon is better, Flynn or Butler?
IF the news for GED is bad who do u reckon is gonna fill the gap 4 a short while!
(I say get cooky in there)

Smiffy16 13-10-2004 15:38

Re: Who's better

Why do we need to discuss who is the better in Flynny and Chris Butler?

They both play in different positions...........

I don't think Cooky should start, he's not as 'inspirational' when he starts as he is when he come off the bench.....Give Flickers a shout I say.

accystankev 13-10-2004 15:47

So we shouldn't have a laugh have choosing our ideal team and now we canty compare players?

God!

Smiffy16 13-10-2004 15:57

But whats the point in comparing players who don't play in the same position?

AccyStanFan 13-10-2004 17:24

flyn is an excellent CENTRE BACK.

Steve Sumner 13-10-2004 19:24

butler is ace. flynn is quality so them 2 are bout same
and ged is good 2

Smiffy16 13-10-2004 19:27

:confused: ...........

confused 13-10-2004 19:36

given the chance,howson would have been as good a centre back and as a left back as he was doing a job when the team won 4 and drew 2 before he was left out of the side.no surprise the team then lost 3 on the trot.

denise 13-10-2004 20:05

:rolleyes:
what everybody has to remember, is.....WHEN does coleman play anybody in there rightful position ????????????????, PLUS anybody who has a good game, gets dropped from the next match. :confused:

Willie Miller 13-10-2004 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by denise
:rolleyes:
what everybody has to remember, is.....WHEN does coleman play anybody in there rightful position ????????????????, PLUS anybody who has a good game, gets dropped from the next match. :confused:

Erm, since Coley came we won the Unibond First Division
then we won 3 cups in one season
then we won the Premier (very easily)
then we finished 10th in our first full season in the conference (when everyone thought 17th would be fine)
we had a crackin cup run last year

&

we are fifth & have just beaten Hereford on the box, Daggers 5-0, Morecambe & York City away & Bradford in the cup

Still think he NEVER picks the right team, Denise????????????

:( :)

Bazf 13-10-2004 20:36

We are 5th in our second season in the conference and all you get is a lot of moaning about the manager!!!!!!!! what would you do if we were fighting relegation hound him out of town?
what did he do not turn up at your school or something.

knowsthescore 14-10-2004 10:22

to be fair fellas she has a point, lutel has gone now and he isnt a winger, mcevilly isnt a winger, jagielka isnt a winger but now he is playing in his rightful position, is he really that good. i think he's over rated, you cant say he's a top player, hes a bit hit and miss. gerrard isnt a left back, definatley a centre half.

Wynonie Harris 14-10-2004 10:57

Lutel has gone??!! Gone where? Have I missed something?

Willie Miller 14-10-2004 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by knowsthescore
to be fair fellas she has a point, lutel has gone now and he isnt a winger, mcevilly isnt a winger, jagielka isnt a winger but now he is playing in his rightful position, is he really that good. i think he's over rated, you cant say he's a top player, hes a bit hit and miss. gerrard isnt a left back, definatley a centre half.

Can I be childish & say "Balls!" She said Coley never picks the right team, I told her that without Coley we'd be playin Bamber Bridge & Prescot Cables this season not Carlisle.

FACT!:p

Beano 18-10-2004 08:15

K3mpy you can't compare players, due to the fact all players have a certain 'style' to the way they play, plus like smiffy said they're players in two different positions. As for Cook, playing him on the left would simply diminsh his game and would just get knackered running up and down the flanks all the time. Cook is better in the centre where he can utilise his excellent passing and amazing vision to full effect. Flickers for me wouldn't be ideal on the left, perhaps its a good opportunity for Coleman to play with the formation a little- 4-3-3?