Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Cheltenham Town Match Thread.......... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/cheltenham-town-match-thread-61240.html)

smudgie 14-04-2012 11:20

Cheltenham Town Match Thread..........

COME ON THE REDS:alright::alright::alright::alright:

heth 14-04-2012 11:32

Re: Cheltenham Town Match Thread..........

Yeah come on I have money on them!! :D

lancsdave 14-04-2012 13:38

6 Changes !!!!!

Lee Nicholls, Liam Willis, Bryan Hughes, Micah Evans, Will Hatfield and Kurtis Guthrie all come in to the side.

cashman 14-04-2012 13:41

Thats a shock, can't understand the logic in Evans?:confused: The others fair enough.

Pendle Red 14-04-2012 13:48

Wow that's an interesting line up

Hope they take their chance to impress

Pendle Red 14-04-2012 13:52

I hope they reinforced the subs bench for the away team as it's the strongest we have had for a while:D

cashman 14-04-2012 14:15

!-0 Cheltenham Lowe.:(

cashman 14-04-2012 15:39

3-1 now Bobby Grant got 1 back.

smudgie 14-04-2012 16:36

Finished 4-1 :(

VALAIRIAN 15-04-2012 07:14

Just seen the "Horror show" on the beeb, glad that Bavo was not in goals as he would no doubt have been responsible for the third - free kick round the wall, trickling into the bottom corner........ and the forth - shot dropped at the feet of the goal scorer :rolleyes:

Did not go, but it looked like what it was, bring on The Shrews!!!!! :)

smudgie 15-04-2012 08:53

Just seen the highlights now...........

Nicholls aparently had a decent game, but agreed a couple of goals he looked like he could have done better. :(

Obviously Cooky & Leam are looking towards next season, which is why the changes where made.

Cant help thinking we will be seeing a number of new faces next season.

First port of call, a bloody goalkeeper or two !

Revived Red 15-04-2012 09:24

I was surprised that all six "fringe" players were used in the same match.:confused: I would have thought it would be more sensible to have used two in each of three matches. If all six were to be tried together, would it not have been wiser to do so in a home game against struggling Hereford rather than an away game against a promotion-chasing team?

Pendle Red 15-04-2012 09:26

I am sure there was a mention of illness in the camp on the Radio?

cashman 15-04-2012 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revived Red (Post 985503)
I was surprised that all six "fringe" players were used in the same match.:confused: I would have thought it would be more sensible to have used two in each of three matches. If all six were to be tried together, would it not have been wiser to do so in a home game against struggling Hereford rather than an away game against a promotion-chasing team?

Think some were forced on him, some players did not travel through illness, so the fishy commentary said.:)

Pendle Red 15-04-2012 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revived Red (Post 985503)

It's a bit of Double edge sword in you want your Strongest side out and to give it your best particulary in front of travelling suport but you also need to have a look at the fringe players in match conditions as we have no reserve set up it perhaps makes it more difficult to judge them and maybe the illnesses forced the changes?

Although there will be the Lancs Cup semi to try different things but then you can argue do you want a Final against United or Blackpool as a tasty per-season game with maybe a chance to play against possibly some big name players?