Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   "Satanage" could make the play offs again (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/satanage-could-make-the-play-offs-again-61310.html)

winstanley asfc 22-04-2012 09:47

"Satanage" could make the play offs again

They've been hovering around them for the last month or so. Now they're in a playoff spot after some very convincing results against "far bigger" teams. Have you any opinions on them, especially after last season's play off defeat at the hands of Westley's mob?
Do you hope they make the play offs because you don't hold a grudge?:rolleyes:
Or would you like them to miss out, then suffer relegation next season?:dflam:

mab 22-04-2012 09:53

Re: "Satanage" could make the play offs again

No disrispect Wasfc but who gives a :smileysx:;):D

Greeny 22-04-2012 10:36

They don't have the nick name Satanage for nothing , so who cares .

winstanley asfc 22-04-2012 10:37

Well, it's just summat to talk about now that the season's coming to an end, and a chance for anyone out there to let off some steam about our "friends"from Hertfordshire.:singer:;)

lancsdave 22-04-2012 10:42

Regardless of any feelings for them, as a small club they show that it's not all about how well a club is supported in terms of attendances that gets you up through the leagues. They could be swapping places with big city clubs like Coventry & Portsmouth, although the latter deserve to be there for constant cheating.

cashman 22-04-2012 15:02

No steam to let off from me, Couldn't care less.

smudgie 23-04-2012 07:29

Simply Scum.

I long for REVENGE.

Haggis316 23-04-2012 20:01

I hope its firmly in their sights because I am counting on them to "do the business" at Sheffield United at the weekend.

Haggis316 29-04-2012 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haggis316 (Post 987266)
I hope its firmly in their sights because I am counting on them to "do the business" at Sheffield United at the weekend.

They did and ex Red Joel Byrom got Stevenage's first.:):):)

cashman 06-05-2012 11:35

Well they made it on goal difference, personally hope they win the play-offs, looking forward to seeing the TOTAL Humiliation next season.:D

smudgie 06-05-2012 11:49

Sheff U will kill them thank god.

Im counting down the days we play those moron's again.

Alvin the chipmunk 06-05-2012 13:37

I want them to do it. Rovers v Stevenage will be hilarious. :D

maccawozzagod 06-05-2012 16:14

it passed through my mind yesterday that what if that load of tosh end up being the new 'Wimbledon'?

A little bit of me would love it, but then each time I give myself a slap across the chops and remember the abuse we've always had off their fans, and the total lack of respect that their manager and players showed towards us. Ten nil Sheff United please.

Haggis316 06-05-2012 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 990034)
Ten nil Sheff United please.

I heard commentary on Sheffield United v Stevenage and Stevenage had the better of the first half. They could have been 3 up by half time. The Sheffield Clubs have taken one point off Stevenage between them. United are also minus three of their established strikers now. I am expecting Stevenage to be in the play off finals.

winstanley asfc 11-05-2012 00:14

They play Sheffield Utd at home tonight in the first leg of their play off semi final. I'm envious, they've had a very successful season with a great cup run and now a very good chance of making the play off final. I reckon "home advantage" in the 2nd leg is a thing of the past with both Conference finalists and Blackpool beating teams who finished higher than them to make their finals.
I don't think they've had much money to spend on players, ok the cup run will have helped but they seem to have followed J/C's and Stanley's example by making good out of someone else's "cast offs". However 2 of their players, Joel Byrom and Mark Roberts, were released by Coley, yet they've proved him wrong by having a very successful season in the division above us.:confused: