Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Paul Cook (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/paul-cook-62720.html)

Metallilad 23-10-2012 23:00

Paul Cook

Hello there everybody, Chesterfield supporter coming in peace.
The rumours are flying around here that Paul Cook is to be announced as our new manager tommorrow morning, has anybody heard anything at your end?
Got to say, when I saw you playing over here I was impressed by the way you played, although you lost it was one of the best performances this season by an away side Ive seen here and weve just lost to Fleetwood at that.

smobile 23-10-2012 23:03

Re: Paul Cook

It's made the daily mail

Chesterfield want Paul Cook as manager | Mail Online

smudgie 24-10-2012 06:59

Will be a shock, thats for sure!!

Metallilad 24-10-2012 08:15

Paul Walker‏@Walkerpw

Sources in Lancashire telling me Accrington's Paul Cook is being lined to be next manager of Chesterfield. Could happen this wk. #CFC

This "Paul Walker" fella is the Radio Sheffield sports presenter.
He's now saying that it will be announced in the next 24hrs.

maccawozzagod 24-10-2012 08:34

up to yesterday afternoon no approach had been made by Chesterfield so if the appointment is that imminent then surely an illegal approach?

Just make sure you leave a hefty compensation cheque as you leave

Whalley Red 24-10-2012 09:35

Depends on the clauses in Cooky's contract :frown:

cashman 24-10-2012 09:41

Also depends i suppose if yeh buy this story? I don't.

smobile 24-10-2012 09:46

I remember coley leaving for Bradford 3 times, Tranmere twice and Morecambe once before he did eventually go to Rochdale.

Believe it when it happens.

smudgie 24-10-2012 10:24

Good point smobile!!!

sparkie 24-10-2012 12:02

Smobile you missed out Lincoln city! Lol

tonyalveston 24-10-2012 12:15

All speculation!! I feel Paul Cook should forget same and concentrate on the job in hand, which is more than a simple task for anyone.

I was surprised last night by the long ball game. Paul asked in the Summer , for a good surface on which to play football, so what has happened to that. You will not entertain fans with the type of football we saw last night. when we had good results, we played the ball to feet. Let's get back to basics.

johnc 24-10-2012 12:32

Wont be sad to see him go, he seems clueless to me, he doesnt know he best 11, way to many players on the books, tactics are shocking, just banging the ball up front hoping for knock-ons, making joyce captain when he should even make the bench.

I think the lack of comment from the club and him bottling an interview after the game speaks volumes.

cashman 24-10-2012 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnc (Post 1024224)
Wont be sad to see him go, he seems clueless to me, he doesnt know he best 11, way to many players on the books, tactics are shocking, just banging the ball up front hoping for knock-ons, making joyce captain when he should even make the bench.

I think the lack of comment from the club and him bottling an interview after the game speaks volumes.

To be honest johnc the only clueless thing i see is you.:rolleyes:

football19 24-10-2012 12:56

now now Cashy,everyone is entitled to there opinion !!!:)

Tommy McQueen 24-10-2012 13:03

Just been on Radio Lanc's quote looks like he is off to Chesterfield,Stanley will not deny or confirm an official approach has been made. More later today