Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   When should we know who's staying? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/when-should-we-know-whos-staying-64155.html)

cashman 27-06-2013 13:51

Re: When should we know who's staying?

Well seems to me like Podge,Franny, n Romo aint gonna be back.:( so we desperately need new forward players, preferably wi some experience. cos Lee is also History.:eek:

lancsdave 27-06-2013 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whalley Red (Post 1064270)
Apparently we are signing a new player tomorrow. Details are on the back page of the Accy Observer according to one of the reporters: https://twitter.com/BCjourno/status/350228571534532609

Shay McCartan?

I said on the Portugal thread he is worth taking a chance on a 12 month deal, maybe I'm psychic ;)

cashman 27-06-2013 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 1064299)
I said on the Portugal thread he is worth taking a chance on a 12 month deal, maybe I'm psychic ;)

Or psychotic?:D

Pendle Red 27-06-2013 16:51

Still dreadfully lightweight up top and in the centre of the park we need some experienced heads don't score goals don't win matches.

maccawozzagod 27-06-2013 17:15

If BT can add a bit of nouse and guile to the game of the strikers that we have then I think we'll do well. Gray, Carver and McCarten are three young and hungry strikers with dece
nt potential. Bring it on.

smudgie 27-06-2013 17:16

Well after previous years squad total I reckon we are well ahead at this stage.

2 x strikers (maybe 1 if we get mccarten) , A keeper and 2 x midfielder's and we arent far off. And that's not including loanees.

cashman 27-06-2013 17:50

We are ahead on previous years no doubt, Suggest the main reason is who is now running the club n who is actually in charge of playing.

st06nc2 27-06-2013 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 1064299)

says on shays twitter that hes going to portugal for 5 day that were on Sunday, maybe he went to meet Beattie. n lads

cashman 27-06-2013 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1064365)
says on shays twitter that hes going to portugal for 5 day that were on Sunday, maybe he went to meet Beattie. n lads

As far as i know he went wi em?

Jeg Red 27-06-2013 22:10

The lads who have signed up have the makings of a decent League 2 squad, however they need complimenting with 4 or 5 quality first team starters, as most of our better players from last season have either signed up elsewhere or have other irons in the fire than Stanley. Most lads who have signed up already wouldn't have got too many offers from other league clubs.

We are better off in numbers terms than at this stage in pretty much every other close season, but hope club are working in background on some real quality signings. The Billy Sharp thing has gone quite and I think Beats owes an explanation as to what was behind the photo

cashman 27-06-2013 22:14

We don't really know if Beats is aware of that photos use?:confused:

Pendle Red 28-06-2013 05:15

I agree the three lads up top have potential but it is quite easy in this League to get out muscled by vastly experienced defenders, what we have lost with those who have not signed or moved on is not just experience but flair as well the final pass, the final shot and the end product.

We do have a backbone to the squad of players who fit in positions and have experience & more importantly know each other and what it takes in the Stanley shirt, I remain hopeful that with James's contacts we can add three or four more faces that will bring more depth and even more experience to bring us up to a squad that won't struggle this season but push on to the next level.

lancsdave 28-06-2013 07:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1064365)

No trialists went to Portugal ;)

lancsdave 28-06-2013 07:18

I'd start measuring what happens from July 1st. Things don't happen in June for financial reasons :)

choirboy 01-07-2013 10:05

Am I right in thinking that this is currently the Squad latest on players actually signed up now for next season?

Ian Dunbavin
Andrew Dawber

Peter Murphy
Tom Aldred
Dean Winnard
Laurence Wilson
Michael Liddle
Nicky Hunt

Luke Joyce
George Miller
Will Hatfield
Luke Clark

James Beattie - has he signed as a player?
James Gray
Marcus Carver
James? McCarten? not sure of name?

So is it 16 players in total so far?

Not signed yet either for Stanley or any other club;
Romuald Boco - out of contract summer 2013
Francis Jeffers - out of contract summer 2013
Padraig Amond - out of contract summer 2013