Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   When should we know who's staying? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/when-should-we-know-whos-staying-64155.html)

football19 07-05-2013 16:25

Re: When should we know who's staying?

Hope other players follow Millers example,and we can plan early this time.A manager would help tho :)

carpon 07-05-2013 20:22

Without commenting on the attributes / shortcomings of the four to have been shown the door....to me it begs the question..........

WHO actually made the decision to release them ??? I would have thought that a new manager would have the final say on such decisions????:confused::confused:

Now the conspiracy theorist in me then begins to ask the next question... has a decision on our new manager has already been made??? :confused::confused:

Wynonie Harris 07-05-2013 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by carpon (Post 1057839)
Without commenting on the attributes / shortcomings of the four to have been shown the door....to me it begs the question..........

WHO actually made the decision to release them ??? I would have thought that a new manager would have the final say on such decisions????:confused::confused:

Now the conspiracy theorist in me then begins to ask the next question... has a decision on our new manager has already been made??? :confused::confused:

Exactly what I was thinking, Carpon! What kind of new manager comes in and finds his team has already been selected for him? Something doesn't feel right about this!

yerself 07-05-2013 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris
Exactly what I was thinking, Carpon! What kind of new manager comes in and finds his team has already been selected for him? Something doesn't feel right about this!

From Rochdale's forum:

We've had suspicions over their involvement back at Accy for a while. The sheer number of games that they've been at is far more than someone simply passing time on a Saturday afternoon.

Richardson had a great end to the season. 5 wins and 2 draws in a run of 8 games that left them safe and from an outside, it would appear he had got to grips with the job after a tricky time earlier. So it beggars belief that he would see an assistant manager's job as a better job than what he had at Accy. Perhaps he wasn't pulling the strings for the last few games as long suspected.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footbal...m=v&t=80077#42

football19 07-05-2013 21:19

That's just football rumours, I know Leam spoke to the players individually when the season ended,so they would have known who was being offered a contract.With him leaving,it's probably put Rob Heyes in an impossible position,but in my opinion,has done the sensible thing and honoured/backed Leams judgement,so the new manager will have something to build on.
As previous posts,you have to make an offer before the 2nd/3rd week in May,to avoid them going on a free(under 24s).
The players may not accept the terms offered,but at least it's a starting point.

accybeme 08-05-2013 07:02

I can't see that the club would install & oust players with out the new managers being in agreement that indicates that the managers position has already been approved by the board but for some reason it is not being announced, I presume that is J. C.

cashman 08-05-2013 07:11

Interesting thought, don't buy it though, More likely done fer financial reasons? unless i understand it wrong.:confused:

FrankMoody 10-05-2013 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1057864)
Interesting thought, don't buy it though, More likely done fer financial reasons? unless i understand it wrong.:confused:

Agree with above, I dont think the manager's position has been agreed IMO I think that the club have probably taken advice from Leam & Paul Stephenson and probably feel that getting as much of the current squad signed up gives any new manager a better chance than starting from nothing, after all the lads that are left have all contributed to last season's 'achievement' of staying up

football19 10-05-2013 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankMoody (Post 1058088)
Agree with above, I dont think the manager's position has been agreed IMO I think that the club have probably taken advice from Leam & Paul Stephenson and probably feel that getting as much of the current squad signed up gives any new manager a better chance than starting from nothing, after all the lads that are left have all contributed to last season's 'achievement' of staying up

The basis of any contract is a offer/acceptence.
I know a few footballers who were offered contracts,but simply couldnt afford to sign them and chose an alternative career.
I wouldnt do Rob Heyes job for all the tea in China!!,and the playing budget is probably the lowest in the league.
Its a no win situation for a CEO,protecting the financial side of the club,whilst trying to get better quality players in.
A lot of good players are going down the semi pro route and the combined incomes are double what you can get in most league two clubs.
This leads to signing untried/released/loan players and this nearly cost us last year.
I dont have an answer for this problem,but what i do know is Coley was miracle worker in this area,and the club must take this into consideration.
Hope the club makes the right choices

ianray 10-05-2013 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1058102)
The basis of any contract is a offer/acceptence.
I know a few footballers who were offered contracts,but simply couldnt afford to sign them and chose an alternative career.
I wouldnt do Rob Heyes job for all the tea in China!!,and the playing budget is probably the lowest in the league.
Its a no win situation for a CEO,protecting the financial side of the club,whilst trying to get better quality players in.
A lot of good players are going down the semi pro route and the combined incomes are double what you can get in most league two clubs.
This leads to signing untried/released/loan players and this nearly cost us last year.
I dont have an answer for this problem,but what i do know is Coley was miracle worker in this area,and the club must take this into consideration.
Hope the club makes the right choices

COLEMAN and BELL ... NO THANKS

football19 10-05-2013 18:55

What about Colman and A N Other ???,

cashman 10-05-2013 18:55

Not for me no way.

McKayz 10-05-2013 19:01

What is your gut feeling on the manager? I would love it to be Beattie despite worrying he hasn't got the experience. I do think it will be Coleman though.

shakermaker 11-05-2013 09:05

I'll be gutted if the second coming doesn't come to pass. Amongst the umpteen directors on our board, are any of them football people? For all his faults Eric pulled a master stroke in knowing to get John and Jimmy in after being sacked from Ashton.

cashman 11-05-2013 09:07

Nowt personal Shaker but sincerely hope yer gutted.