Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   When should we know who's staying? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/when-should-we-know-whos-staying-64155.html)

cashman 29-04-2013 14:42

When should we know who's staying?

Is the question? Personally i liked the snakes tactic last time, recall he gave people 2 weeks to sign up, otherwise was no guarantee they would get a contract, Hope Leam does similar.:)

smudgie 29-04-2013 15:30

Re: When should we know who's staying?

I think Leam has his own way of working and i'll agree with whoever he keeps/ lets go.

There are 800 pro's out of work this summer so we have plenty to choose from.

One things for sure, keep Linganzi, Moly, Aldred and Boco and I will make him a saint ;)

cashman 29-04-2013 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 1056293)
I think Leam has his own way of working and i'll agree with whoever he keeps/ lets go.

There are 800 pro's out of work this summer so we have plenty to choose from.

One things for sure, keep Linganzi, Moly, Aldred and Boco and I will make him a saint ;)

Oh i will, just don't wanna see anyone taking the pish.

DAV007 29-04-2013 20:34

Its important we stick to budget, with so much choice around due to the hundreds if not thousands of footballers out of work this summer, there is no reason for the club to be handing out silly wages or contracts longer than 1 year.
If they do hand out 2 year contracts, they must contain relegation release clauses.

Exile on Spencer St 30-04-2013 06:15

Pull your kecks up, Davo, your pessimism is still showing.:rolleyes:

DAV007 30-04-2013 08:41

Reality?

Outback Ozzy 30-04-2013 16:52

Well the cat is out of the bag now that Leam has walked. What now for player retention?

DAV007 30-04-2013 22:36

Ozzy outback is right, if Rob Heys words are correct and the club dont intend on hiring a manager until June, we could end up with very few players left.

Will Rob and the board be offering new contracts?
If they do, could they be storing up problems with a new potential manager not wanting the players on new deals?

Cant help feel waiting until June could be risky.

lancsdave 30-04-2013 22:41

Rob's saying that so you don't all keep bugging him every day :)

cashman 30-04-2013 22:41

I also think June is a crap idea, if so its being done to save paying salary i reckon, n thats pennywise pound foolish if its the case.?

Redraine 01-05-2013 18:39

Rommy and Lee off to Chesterfield according to Spireite's debate/ Bob's board. Don't rubbish it too soon, Cashy. they were right about Leam.

Redraine 01-05-2013 18:58

Dean Bouzanis released by Oldham. Could we?

smudgie 01-05-2013 19:06

Moly is not going to Chesterfield, FACT. He just tweeted it to confirm.

Wherever he ends up, he will deserve the extra ££££ , he is a great player and even better person.

smudgie 01-05-2013 19:07

No chance of Bouza redraine I dont think.

cashman 02-05-2013 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 1056811)
Rommy and Lee off to Chesterfield according to Spireite's debate/ Bob's board. Don't rubbish it too soon, Cashy. they were right about Leam.

Now they say Boco yon today fer medical, Lee off to Wolves?:eek: Hardly a shock,but still a sicken-er if true.

smobile 02-05-2013 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1056935)
Now they say Boco yon today fer medical, Lee off to Wolves?:eek: Hardly a shock,but still a sicken-er if true.

Molyneux to Molineux ? :eek:

McKayz 02-05-2013 11:54

Not surprised by Boco going. Would love Lee to stay but it isn't going to happen is it?

McKayz 02-05-2013 12:01

Lee just tweeted me!!! (I'm such a girl) Saying that rumours are funny.

mani 02-05-2013 13:38

Re: Re: When should we know who's staying?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 1056811)

What board is this?

Redraine 02-05-2013 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by mani (Post 1056953)
What board is this?

Just google Spireites forum. Or here's the link Rommy Boco - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC - Page 3
Watch the video to sigh over what superb football we've played this season!

mani 02-05-2013 16:21

thanks for that! i thought that was a rival stanley board for a second *LOL*

my money is that rommy wont end up at chesterfield regardless of what people are saying bout the medical, cookie and leam link up...

football19 02-05-2013 18:27

Out of contract players have to receive a offer from the club by 9th may,they become free agents if not.

cashman 02-05-2013 18:35

Could that not be a bit tricky,if no manager is in place to comment?:confused:

football19 02-05-2013 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1056996)
Could that not be a bit tricky,if no manager is in place to comment?:confused:

I may be wrong,but I think leam gave a list of players,but your right,should be interesting !!!

FrankMoody 02-05-2013 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1057006)
I may be wrong,but I think leam gave a list of players,but your right,should be interesting !!!

Heard the same thing sbout Leam giving the board a list of players, not ideal is it - obviously a conflict of interests for someone going to a new club possibly wanting to take a couple with him.

New gaffer sooner the better - for what it's worth I'd take a punt on Beattie, at least that would give a bit of continuity.

football19 02-05-2013 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankMoody (Post 1057010)
Heard the same thing sbout Leam giving the board a list of players, not ideal is it - obviously a conflict of interests for someone going to a new club possibly wanting to take a couple with him.

New gaffer sooner the better - for what it's worth I'd take a punt on Beattie, at least that would give a bit of continuity.

He wouldn't be interested IMHO,great lad,respected by the players,but it's just not in his make-up

Redraine 02-05-2013 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankMoody (Post 1057010)
New gaffer sooner the better

I agree, whoever it may be. Because of the unique situation we find ourselves in, i.e., in danger of losing the majority of our squad, we surely can't afford Rob Heys's stated option of taking time to review the so-called list of experienced candidates. People on here have said that players sign up to the club, not the manager but I don't believe that applies so much in our case.

football19 02-05-2013 20:06

100% agree redraine,although a couple of years ago we only had five men three weeks before the season kicked off !! KTF

Redraine 02-05-2013 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1057023)
100% agree redraine,although a couple of years ago we only had five men three weeks before the season kicked off !! KTF

I do remember that, but we had manager in place who knew what to do in that situation.

SamF 02-05-2013 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1057014)
He wouldn't be interested IMHO,great lad,respected by the players,but it's just not in his make-up

Best news Ive heard this week - don't want to take a punt on a famous name

Mr T 02-05-2013 21:46

Rommy was at Accy today to tell us all he isn't going to Chesterfield.:D

We have until the 3rd Saturday to make offer to players, but we're trying to do things sooner than that:)

cashman 02-05-2013 21:49

Thats good to hear, Hope he feels he can stay awhile at Stanley.:)

mani 04-05-2013 04:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1057048)
Thats good to hear, Hope he feels he can stay awhile at Stanley.:)

I feel that he's just waiting to see who comes in. If it's a name he feels will do him justice then I think he'll stay.

cashman 04-05-2013 07:11

May well be mani, just have me fingers crossed.:);)

Tommy McQueen 04-05-2013 08:32

Spoke to Rommy last week and he said he was not driven by money and he loved it at Accy. Let's just hope we can keep him

cashman 04-05-2013 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 1057047)
Rommy was at Accy today to tell us all he isn't going to Chesterfield.:D

We have until the 3rd Saturday to make offer to players, but we're trying to do things sooner than that:)

OK but a reliable source tells me MrT, some players have already received offers from other clubs,:eek: yet heard nowt from Stanley? I think thats VERY POOR BUSINESS if thats the case.:( These lads certainly won't or can't afford to wait forever.

Redraine 04-05-2013 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1057310)
OK but a reliable source tells me MrT, some players have already received offers from other clubs,:eek: yet heard nowt from Stanley? I think thats VERY POOR BUSINESS if thats the case.:( These lads certainly won't or can't afford to wait forever.

Maybe certain players are not going to receive offers! I just hope that it's not true of those we need to keep if possible.

smobile 07-05-2013 10:39

Four gone already. Good luck lads.

ASFC News Story > 5390

cashman 07-05-2013 10:42

Can't really argue wi any of those, Main thing to me is the rest have had offers from Stanley.:) Now its up to the players.

Outback Ozzy 07-05-2013 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1057773)
Can't really argue wi any of those, Main thing to me is the rest have had offers from Stanley.:) Now its up to the players.

I would say good luck to the four players released, but I personally would have kept Bohan Dixon. He would have made a great target man. Not surprised Charlie Barnett's been released or the other two, but why do we keep bringing on talent from the youth team and then send them packing after 1 year, even though they have had loan spells elsewhere.
Really hope the club gets a new manager lined up soon and they will at least be given a squad to work with pre-season. And 2 experienced coaches as well

cashman 07-05-2013 12:26

Only thing i can think outback, is they show potential, give em 1 yr, then if manager thinks not fulfilling, then got to let go,? Can only wish em luck.

football19 07-05-2013 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1057783)
Only thing i can think outback, is they show potential, give em 1 yr, then if manager thinks not fulfilling, then got to let go,? Can only wish em luck.

The problem is Cashy that clubs with small budgets cant offord to take a risk on players having possible potential.
Every player has to be capable of stepping up to the first team and doing a job,the potential players are really the loanees who can be sent back.
Its sad really as i am a fan of youth and resis football,but in reality its points that count in the lower leagues.
Bit suprised at Bohans release,he had the tools,but didnt get that bit of luck you need

cashman 07-05-2013 13:45

Well Millers staying, signed a 12 month contract so thats a good start imho.:)

Redraine 07-05-2013 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1057785)
Bit surprised at Bohans release,he had the tools,but didnt get that bit of luck you need

Me too. A bit upset about that, unless Linganzi is staying!

FrankMoody 07-05-2013 14:42

Agree with Cashman that for different reasons no surprise that the 4 have gone, best wishes to all of them.

Thing is with Dixon, no disrespect to the lad but hes not actually that young in football terms, he's 24 this year and still not really looking anywhere near ready to hold down a regular position.

football19 07-05-2013 16:25

Hope other players follow Millers example,and we can plan early this time.A manager would help tho :)

carpon 07-05-2013 20:22

Without commenting on the attributes / shortcomings of the four to have been shown the door....to me it begs the question..........

WHO actually made the decision to release them ??? I would have thought that a new manager would have the final say on such decisions????:confused::confused:

Now the conspiracy theorist in me then begins to ask the next question... has a decision on our new manager has already been made??? :confused::confused:

Wynonie Harris 07-05-2013 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by carpon (Post 1057839)
Without commenting on the attributes / shortcomings of the four to have been shown the door....to me it begs the question..........

WHO actually made the decision to release them ??? I would have thought that a new manager would have the final say on such decisions????:confused::confused:

Now the conspiracy theorist in me then begins to ask the next question... has a decision on our new manager has already been made??? :confused::confused:

Exactly what I was thinking, Carpon! What kind of new manager comes in and finds his team has already been selected for him? Something doesn't feel right about this!

yerself 07-05-2013 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris
Exactly what I was thinking, Carpon! What kind of new manager comes in and finds his team has already been selected for him? Something doesn't feel right about this!

From Rochdale's forum:

We've had suspicions over their involvement back at Accy for a while. The sheer number of games that they've been at is far more than someone simply passing time on a Saturday afternoon.

Richardson had a great end to the season. 5 wins and 2 draws in a run of 8 games that left them safe and from an outside, it would appear he had got to grips with the job after a tricky time earlier. So it beggars belief that he would see an assistant manager's job as a better job than what he had at Accy. Perhaps he wasn't pulling the strings for the last few games as long suspected.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footbal...m=v&t=80077#42

football19 07-05-2013 21:19

That's just football rumours, I know Leam spoke to the players individually when the season ended,so they would have known who was being offered a contract.With him leaving,it's probably put Rob Heyes in an impossible position,but in my opinion,has done the sensible thing and honoured/backed Leams judgement,so the new manager will have something to build on.
As previous posts,you have to make an offer before the 2nd/3rd week in May,to avoid them going on a free(under 24s).
The players may not accept the terms offered,but at least it's a starting point.

accybeme 08-05-2013 07:02

I can't see that the club would install & oust players with out the new managers being in agreement that indicates that the managers position has already been approved by the board but for some reason it is not being announced, I presume that is J. C.

cashman 08-05-2013 07:11

Interesting thought, don't buy it though, More likely done fer financial reasons? unless i understand it wrong.:confused:

FrankMoody 10-05-2013 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1057864)
Interesting thought, don't buy it though, More likely done fer financial reasons? unless i understand it wrong.:confused:

Agree with above, I dont think the manager's position has been agreed IMO I think that the club have probably taken advice from Leam & Paul Stephenson and probably feel that getting as much of the current squad signed up gives any new manager a better chance than starting from nothing, after all the lads that are left have all contributed to last season's 'achievement' of staying up

football19 10-05-2013 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankMoody (Post 1058088)
Agree with above, I dont think the manager's position has been agreed IMO I think that the club have probably taken advice from Leam & Paul Stephenson and probably feel that getting as much of the current squad signed up gives any new manager a better chance than starting from nothing, after all the lads that are left have all contributed to last season's 'achievement' of staying up

The basis of any contract is a offer/acceptence.
I know a few footballers who were offered contracts,but simply couldnt afford to sign them and chose an alternative career.
I wouldnt do Rob Heyes job for all the tea in China!!,and the playing budget is probably the lowest in the league.
Its a no win situation for a CEO,protecting the financial side of the club,whilst trying to get better quality players in.
A lot of good players are going down the semi pro route and the combined incomes are double what you can get in most league two clubs.
This leads to signing untried/released/loan players and this nearly cost us last year.
I dont have an answer for this problem,but what i do know is Coley was miracle worker in this area,and the club must take this into consideration.
Hope the club makes the right choices

ianray 10-05-2013 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1058102)
The basis of any contract is a offer/acceptence.
I know a few footballers who were offered contracts,but simply couldnt afford to sign them and chose an alternative career.
I wouldnt do Rob Heyes job for all the tea in China!!,and the playing budget is probably the lowest in the league.
Its a no win situation for a CEO,protecting the financial side of the club,whilst trying to get better quality players in.
A lot of good players are going down the semi pro route and the combined incomes are double what you can get in most league two clubs.
This leads to signing untried/released/loan players and this nearly cost us last year.
I dont have an answer for this problem,but what i do know is Coley was miracle worker in this area,and the club must take this into consideration.
Hope the club makes the right choices

COLEMAN and BELL ... NO THANKS

football19 10-05-2013 18:55

What about Colman and A N Other ???,

cashman 10-05-2013 18:55

Not for me no way.

McKayz 10-05-2013 19:01

What is your gut feeling on the manager? I would love it to be Beattie despite worrying he hasn't got the experience. I do think it will be Coleman though.

shakermaker 11-05-2013 09:05

I'll be gutted if the second coming doesn't come to pass. Amongst the umpteen directors on our board, are any of them football people? For all his faults Eric pulled a master stroke in knowing to get John and Jimmy in after being sacked from Ashton.

cashman 11-05-2013 09:07

Nowt personal Shaker but sincerely hope yer gutted.

yerself 11-05-2013 09:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker
I'll be gutted if the second coming doesn't come to pass

There's only one bloke with the initials JC ever made a second coming, about 2000 years ago. Hopefully there won't be any repetition.

DAV007 11-05-2013 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by yerself (Post 1058221)
There's only one bloke with the initials JC ever made a second coming, about 2000 years ago. Hopefully there won't be any repetition.

And he did say he was coming back!

VALAIRIAN 11-05-2013 12:03

Another good signing..... :)

ASFC News Story > 5396

Building a team slowly ;)

cashman 11-05-2013 12:30

Only need another 9 joe, Then we can concentrate on the subs.:D;)

McKayz 11-05-2013 13:12

Great news about Dunbavin!!

DAV007 11-05-2013 14:56

Do any of our players use twitter?
If so, can somebody with twitter ask them what is happening?

yerself 11-05-2013 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007

Here you are, ask yourself:

THE SQUAD/PLAYERS ON TWITTER | The Accrington Stanley Blog

McKayz 11-05-2013 15:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1058272)

Loads of them do. But they aren't giving anything away.

carpon 11-05-2013 17:28

Anyone else notice this ?:confused:

to quote the fishy.....

"will keep the long serving goalkeeper at the club until the summer of 2015"

A two year deal / contract (subject to a medical ) ??? Are we now looking at tying key players down on longer term deals ??:confused:

If so, maybe, just maybe, as a club we're waking up to the fact that we can't just keep throwing a side together each and every close season.....:o

cashman 11-05-2013 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by carpon (Post 1058290)
Anyone else notice this ?:confused:

to quote the fishy.....

"will keep the long serving goalkeeper at the club until the summer of 2015"

A two year deal / contract (subject to a medical ) ??? Are we now looking at tying key players down on longer term deals ??:confused:

If so, maybe, just maybe, as a club we're waking up to the fact that we can't just keep throwing a side together each and every close season.....:o

I would hope so, Pity young Millers wasn't a 2 yr deal also.

ddevil2006 12-05-2013 07:07

that list is a bit out of date
lindfield and wilson are on twitter

andyd 12-05-2013 09:12

I am only guessing but upto Ian getting hurt last year he was probaly the best keeper in league 2 so there was probaly a lot of interest in him espesially from Cook.

cashman 12-05-2013 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1058369)
I am only guessing but upto Ian getting hurt last year he was probaly the best keeper in league 2 so there was probaly a lot of interest in him espesially from Cook.

Dunbavin was great this season before his injury, But doubt very much if snake would be interested, considering Chesterfields keeper is one of the best consistently.

smobile 12-06-2013 09:21

In the light of Linganzi's departure, it's quite clear the rest of the squad who have had offers are still hanging on for a better one from elsewhere.

With just over 3 weeks until the first pre-season JB needs to be pushing these players for an answer so as to give him the best chance at assembling a decent squad.

cashman 12-06-2013 09:40

I would imagine thats what hes actually doing mate, would be amazing if not so.;)

Redraine 12-06-2013 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by smobile (Post 1062430)
With just over 3 weeks until the first pre-season JB needs to be pushing these players for an answer so as to give him the best chance at assembling a decent squad.

Aye, the silence is a bit scary. Don't worry, though. I remember Hereford hardly had anyone signed up just before the season started a few years ago, but Graham Turner brought in a number of good loanees and they ended up being promoted! Of course it wasn't sustainable and they came straight back down to div.2 the following season. Doesn't it make you feel for the Premier league managers who complain that they need several multi million pound Carlos kickaball imports in order to be competitive every season? What a ridiculous state of affairs. I recommend Alan Sugar's book "The Way I See It" for an insight into the farcical finances of the Premier League when he was chairman of Spurs. And things have only got ten times worse since then!

cashman 14-06-2013 15:15

Liddle signed new un now, good lad.:)

Potter 14-06-2013 17:18

seems to me we have a decent core of players now.

we need another centre half to sign up [aldred?!] and a few match winners - molyneux? boco? amond? jeffers?

And maybe another good centre midfielder - its starting to look a decent side if we get these 4/5 first teamers in.

cashman 14-06-2013 18:03

Agree Potter, good vid from Liddle on fishy now also, encouraging in my view.:)

Redraine 17-06-2013 17:23

Gary Roberts at Snakestown for talks according to Spireites debate. Moly linked as well. I know it's not the case, but why does pre-season always feel like daylight robbery? Hate it!

DAV007 18-06-2013 03:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Potter (Post 1062767)
seems to me we have a decent core of players now.

we need another centre half to sign up [aldred?!] and a few match winners - molyneux? boco? amond? jeffers?

And maybe another good centre midfielder - its starting to look a decent side if we get these 4/5 first teamers in.

We have alot of average league 2 players although most of them are young enough and determined enough to improve.
Other than Bavs, I dont feel we have any real quality in the outfield positions signed up.
Our better players havent signed or have gone elsewhere.

Whalley Red 18-06-2013 12:36

Rob Heys and Dan Jewell have both tweeted that there will be signings announced today ...

Whalley Red 18-06-2013 13:01

tweet from Tom Aldred this morning:

"Looking forward to sorting stuff out out today!!"

cashman 18-06-2013 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whalley Red (Post 1063273)
Rob Heys and Dan Jewell have both tweeted that there will be signings announced today ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whalley Red (Post 1063276)

Signings means more than one to me, wonder who else?:)

Potter 18-06-2013 14:14

I reckon Aldred and Joyce.

Two good players to have, you need a solid spine to your side.

I really hope we get as many of Podge, Moly [unlikely], Boco and Jeffers signed up as possible.

lancsdave 18-06-2013 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whalley Red (Post 1063276)

Put me a tenner on it ;)

lancsdave 18-06-2013 15:14

How much did I win :D

Whalley Red 18-06-2013 15:15

Two-year contract for Aldred :D

Great move by the Club!

cashman 18-06-2013 15:28

Great result .:)

Outback Ozzy 18-06-2013 15:39

Brilliant signing, just get Moly, Jeffers, Rommy to sign on the dotted line as well and we will have the basis of a settled team. Great work by the club.

smobile 18-06-2013 15:44

Love the 2 year aspect of it - Great Stuff

st06nc2 18-06-2013 15:45

anybody else notice it saying ' More contract news is expected soon from the Store First Stadium' maybe it could be moly or boco

lancsdave 18-06-2013 15:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1063307)
anybody else notice it saying ' More contract news is expected soon from the Store First Stadium' maybe it could be moly or boco

I think the general rumour is Luke Joyce

football19 18-06-2013 16:03

Aldred is a key signing,pretty sure Joycy will sign,as an outside bet,I would go for Proccy(if he was to do a deal with Preston!)

Redraine 18-06-2013 17:02

Great news. More please!

maccawozzagod 18-06-2013 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1063313)
Aldred is a key signing,pretty sure Joycy will sign,as an outside bet,I would go for Proccy(if he was to do a deal with Preston!)

Proccy is in Las Vegas at the moment so that won't be on the cards

Reamer 18-06-2013 19:12

Great to see Aldred sign on for two years. He's quality

maccawozzagod 19-06-2013 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Podge (Post 1063349)
Padraig Amond@padraigamond2118h
Just about to finish packing. Had a great time in Canada. Back home tomorrow to get things sorted for next season hopefully!

from Division No. 6, Alberta Collapse

I make a maximum of 5 we're waiting on news from, out of last seasons squad.

Podge, Boco, Joyce, Molyneux and Jeffers.

Joyce reckoned in th'Ob that he was about to sign, just needed another zero adding or summat.

Podge is hoping to sort something today (although it doesn't say where :eek:)

No real word from the other two other than the odd "I don't mind going back" from Jeffers.

cashman 19-06-2013 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 1063348)
Proccy is in Las Vegas at the moment so that won't be on the cards

Well hope he has better luck than i did yon.:D

Whalley Red 19-06-2013 09:59

Joyce signs two-year deal