Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   New Manager (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/new-manager-64160.html)

DAV007 03-05-2013 20:02

Re: New Manager

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1057211)
Martin Rogers, any opinions guys and gals?:mosher:

Link to any info about him?

DAV007 03-05-2013 20:08

Hang on,
the guy who let Weymouth because he wanted more money for wages than the club could afford?

jenglish 03-05-2013 21:00

I honestly think Coleman took us as far as he could. (That said would it be good for the club to go any further?! Hereford for example!)

Garry Flitcroft and Matt Jansen would be good option. Like Leam they would have contacts to get good players in. They're record at Chorley seems pretty decent as well.

SamF 04-05-2013 07:21

Re: Re: New Manager

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenglish (Post 1057228)
I honestly think Coleman took us as far as he could. (That said would it be good for the club to go any further?! Hereford for example!)

You see thats where something has changed since Coley left - after constant progression he couldnt get us looking at the playoffs again after having the team ripped apart.

Mid table stability would have been a step down in performance.

Now we are a bottom end of the league side again mid table stability would be progression.

I think Coley and Bell can build a competitive League 2 side on a small budget that with a little luck could push into the playoff spots.

As was mentioned by others in previous posts we are already punching two divisions above our weight and its very easy to forget that - all I want from a manager is to keep us up - why take risks on unknowns?

choirboy 04-05-2013 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1057198)
Next manager of Accrington Stanley?
Obvious choice for me is the up and coming Martin Rogers.
Tried and tested at various levels, great potential, young and ambitious, wouldn't cost much and no compensation involved from previous club contract.
Any thoughts on his possible appointment?

Sorry guys!! Just threw a made up name into the ring!!:tongueout
Trying to make the point that it is useless for us to speculate and throw names about as we know nothing!!
All we need to do is support 100% the new manager, whover he is.
I do agree though that the sooner we know who it will be, the better!!
ON STANLEY ON !!:mosher:

Tin Monkey 05-05-2013 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1057299)
Sorry guys!! Just threw a made up name into the ring!!:tongueout
Trying to make the point that it is useless for us to speculate and throw names about as we know nothing!!
All we need to do is support 100% the new manager, whover he is.
I do agree though that the sooner we know who it will be, the better!!
ON STANLEY ON !!:mosher:

Might as well close the forum down then, if it's pointless discussing potential developments at the club.

johnc 05-05-2013 22:39

What do people want?? somebody looking to use us as a stepping stone as both Cook and Richardson have done, or maybe a pair who maybe not be perfect, but know the club, have an affiliation with the club that runs deep, and have a proven record of success.

I just hope whoever makes the choice makes the one that is best for the club, and that is JC and JB

Pendle Red 06-05-2013 05:28

Nobody knows who has actually applied, there may be better candidates than the previous afore mentioned?

Each candidate will have their pluses & minuses but it is important that the Club have a template in mind of what they want to achieve, where they want to go and most importantly what the budget is which includes Management, Staffing & Players and from that look at each candidate.

This decision really does shape where we are in twelve months time.

caretaker 06-05-2013 12:26

Robbie fowler may be good

Redraine 06-05-2013 19:00

Coley and Bell article in Accy Ob.:- Click
John Coleman and Jimmy Bell stake claim for Accrington Stanley return - Accrington Observer

A Rochdale fan's view!:-"Management by fear is not a route to success and in this day and age will only lead to the sort of problems we witnessed during one of the worst 12 months I have endured at Spotland in over 50 years. If only 10% of the rumours and accusations are true we were probably lucky to get rid of the odious duo before the club got landed with a law suit.

A friend of mine went to the "meet the management day" and spent over half an hour one on one with Bell and described it as one of the most intimidating experiences of his life. Coleman by comparison was pleasant and amenable but Ding Dong obviously sets the tone. Good luck Accy - in this case "never go back" would seem to be valid."

Alvin the chipmunk 06-05-2013 19:38

I see Yeovil made the League 1 play off final today. Non-league club....manager takes them into League 1. Leaves for another club and it doesn't work out. Meanwhile the club slide into a relegation battle after a popular ex player is made manager. Messiah returns and results pick up to the extent where they are 90 minutes away from rubbing shoulders with QPR etc.

Much of this story seems familiar....:)

lancsdave 06-05-2013 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk (Post 1057715)
I see Yeovil made the League 1 play off final today. Non-league club....manager takes them into League 1. Leaves for another club and it doesn't work out. Meanwhile the club slide into a relegation battle after a popular ex player is made manager. Messiah returns and results pick up to the extent where they are 90 minutes away from rubbing shoulders with QPR etc.

Much of this story seems familiar....:)

There's a flaw in that though, don't think Coley's son is old to manage Oldham :D

DAV007 06-05-2013 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 1057710)
Coley and Bell article in Accy Ob.:- Click
John Coleman and Jimmy Bell stake claim for Accrington Stanley return - Accrington Observer

A Rochdale fan's view!:-"Management by fear is not a route to success and in this day and age will only lead to the sort of problems we witnessed during one of the worst 12 months I have endured at Spotland in over 50 years. If only 10% of the rumours and accusations are true we were probably lucky to get rid of the odious duo before the club got landed with a law suit.

A friend of mine went to the "meet the management day" and spent over half an hour one on one with Bell and described it as one of the most intimidating experiences of his life. Coleman by comparison was pleasant and amenable but Ding Dong obviously sets the tone. Good luck Accy - in this case "never go back" would seem to be valid."

What else did you expect a Rochdale fan to say.
And that isnt the view of every Rochdale fan, one i know reckons they where close to turning it around but where let down.
But hey, if you have an agenda...

cashman 06-05-2013 22:23

Its you thats got the agenda Davo, But don't let the truth get in the way of it.:rolleyes:

DAV007 06-05-2013 22:42

or opinion in the case of Redraine.