Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   New Manager (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/new-manager-64160.html)

LongLostSon 02-05-2013 21:56

Re: New Manager

Haven't read all the posts but thought I would venture my twopennoth on a possible John'nJimmy return. They are written into Stanley legend and I was as sad as anyone to see them go, as I am with Leam. Wearing my recruitment hat, I would have to ask the duo why they would want to return after having previously taken the decision it was time to move on . ASFC obviously were deemed not likely to feed their ambitions. So what has changed ? Would a return merely be a stopgap till the next opportunity arises ? I don't envy the board in their task and like most sincerely hope that the decision is dragged out to the detriment of contract negotiations and additions to fill gaps in the squad. I also hope that releasing Leam was conditional on C'field not signing any of our current players - otherwise I consider we have been well and truly dumped upon by the spireites and our most recent managers. Boy, do I hope we whallop them in the two games next season.

LongLostSon 02-05-2013 22:00

re previous post - I meant decision NOT dragged out ! Should learn not to post when it's past by bedtime and the braincell has retired for the night :(

cashman 02-05-2013 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongLostSon (Post 1057052)
re previous post - I meant decision NOT dragged out ! Should learn not to post when it's past by bedtime and the braincell has retired for the night :(

I knew what yeh meant sunshine tis a damn good post.;)

LongLostSon 02-05-2013 22:08

Thanks Cashy - had a feeling some others would have jumped all over the slip, specially if they thought the questions to John'nJimmy unfair comment !

cashman 03-05-2013 06:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongLostSon (Post 1057055)
Thanks Cashy - had a feeling some others would have jumped all over the slip, specially if they thought the questions to John'nJimmy unfair comment !

Perfectly reasonable line of thought imho.:)

lancsdave 03-05-2013 06:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongLostSon (Post 1057051)
Wearing my recruitment hat, I would have to ask the duo why they would want to return after having previously taken the decision it was time to move on . ASFC obviously were deemed not likely to feed their ambitions. So what has changed ? Would a return merely be a stopgap till the next opportunity arises ?

Don't forget the normal rules of employment don't apply to football ;)

Lost in Cornwall 03-05-2013 07:27

I have mixed feelings about the return of John & Jimmy. They did great things for the club and may be the right answer but I would also hope they would be able to work on a more professional basis than sometimes seemed to be the case. I don't envy the board their decision. On the subject of Cook and Leam not taking players to Chesterfield I don't think there's anything we can do about it as most of the squad are out of contract and free to go where they want.

Potter 03-05-2013 09:04

I have no problem with John and Jimmy coming back at all. They are too good a match to turn down.

Also I think we are kidding ourselves if we don't think they're ambitious, and by definition that means they'd prefer to be managing a bigger and more successful club. But, if to get there, it means re-establishing us in the top half of the league, then who gives a monkeys.

cashman 03-05-2013 09:10

Bottom line is, we all have opinions on who etc, Don't matter who gets awarded the job, slong as we "ALL" get behind whomever, Summat i feel never happened with "ALL" n Leam.

McKayz 03-05-2013 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1057092)
Bottom line is, we all have opinions on who etc, Don't matter who gets awarded the job, slong as we "ALL" get behind whomever, Summat i feel never happened with "ALL" n Leam.

This is exactly right. No matter our feelings on whoever gets the job, we need to get behind the team and the manager.

ossy kid 03-05-2013 13:49

After reading all of the comments on here the only way everyone will be behind the new manager is if we win games and climb the league. If we are in the bottom 3 or 4 in October watch the knives come out!! But that,s why we have a forum, to voice our OPINION.

Chubbyman 03-05-2013 15:41

Had a chat about the managerial vacancy with a very knowledgeable pro footballer today,it seems Gary Flitcroft is really keen on taking the position and has thrown his cap in the ring,interesting as he is fully aware of Accrington's financial situation.James Beattie is also considering his options,surely either of the above would be a better option for Stanley to progress than the return of JC @JB !!!

DAV007 03-05-2013 15:59

No.

SamF 03-05-2013 16:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubbyman (Post 1057144)
Had a chat about the managerial vacancy with a very knowledgeable pro footballer today,it seems Gary Flitcroft is really keen on taking the position and has thrown his cap in the ring,interesting as he is fully aware of Accrington's financial situation.James Beattie is also considering his options,surely either of the above would be a better option for Stanley to progress than the return of JC @JB !!!

C'mon I'll bite.

How can you possibly justify surely James Beattie would be a better option than the return of Coleman & Bell?

He has no experience in any form of management - and very little successful experience of lower league football - he is a complete wildcard!

All credit to him as a striking coach perhaps he could teach the forwards a thing or too but to claim that he would surely be a better manager than Coleman & Bell who are tried, tested and proven is utter drivel.

football19 03-05-2013 16:25

Go on I'll bite as well,him and Jansen haven't pulled up any trees at chorley over the last few years !!!