Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   ian craney signs (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/ian-craney-signs-64328.html)

ddevil2006 01-06-2013 17:12

ian craney signs

for stockport county, he says it was a big lure for him and the only place to go, reminds me of someone else

Outback Ozzy 01-06-2013 17:42

Re: ian craney signs

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddevil2006 (Post 1061430)
for stockport county, he says it was a big lure for him and the only place to go, reminds me of someone else

What you doin' to us, trying to emulate Maccawazzagod!!!!

smudgie 01-06-2013 18:55

Chippy next to the ground better stock up then :D

nige b 01-06-2013 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 1061444)
Chippy next to the ground better stock up then :D

and all the take aways between Stocky and Liverpool..could be a prosperous few months!:eat_arrow

Alvin the chipmunk 01-06-2013 19:00

Wish him well. Always an Accy legend and with the right team crafted around him he should be able to rip it up at Conf North level. Smash one in against Barrow please Ian. :)

SamF 02-06-2013 11:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk (Post 1061446)
Wish him well. Always an Accy legend and with the right team crafted around him he should be able to rip it up at Conf North level. Smash one in against Barrow please Ian. :)

Bit of a waste of talent IMO - if he wanted to he could still be playing in the league - when he is fit and motivated he can win a game on his own - could see him in a holding midfield role pulling the strings even if his pace has gone.

Shame he just doesn't seem to care anymore.

cashman 02-06-2013 11:39

Think Sams nailed that un spot on, coulda been playing at a much higher level if the application was with him, as it is "A Legend In His Own Lunchtime":D

winstanley asfc 04-06-2013 00:15

One of Coley's gems who starred in the Conference winning team!:cheers: I also witnessed that goal at Morecambe!:biggrin8:

carpon 04-06-2013 01:34

I agree with other posters...Craney had shedloads of potential, but sadly, lacked the ambition and application to back it up.:(

Bigger sides gave him chances, which he spurned. Could have played Championship level easily.......... had he applied himself.:confused:

And it spoke volumes to me when the Dynamic duo let him leave Rochdale. I may be wrong ( & will stand corrected ) but wasn't "lack of fitness" one of the reasons Coley & Bell released him??:confused:

Lower league football is full of examples like Craney, who had potential, but never realized that potential to the full. The likes of Putterill, McConville, McEvilly spring to mind. So there's Four prime examples of lads who have graced the Red shirt, who had more than a modicum of ability, but are likely to end their careers muddling around in the extreme lower echelons of the league pyramid.

Incidentally, I too was on Christie when Craney lashed it in from distance, probably one of the best goals I've seen scored by a Stanley player !!

Shame his career never realized his potential really.:(

ddevil2006 04-06-2013 17:07

have to disagree on the goal, i would say ray puterill's goal against newcastle, take some beating

nige b 04-06-2013 22:02

Are Stockport part time as Kieron Charnock joined them today as well

Wynonie Harris 06-06-2013 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by nige b (Post 1061801)
Are Stockport part time as Kieron Charnock joined them today as well

Yep, they've gone part-time, now they've dropped down to Conference North.

Crown Grounder 18-06-2013 18:57

I must just post a thank you to Cash. This forums full off differing opinions and Cashmans post made me laugh out loud on the train when I read it! Some of you may disagree but I thought it was very funny.............and I was a Craney fan..........sorry Ian

cashman 18-06-2013 18:57

Heard a whisper Craneys health aint too great.:eek: Certainly hope that aint the case.

cashman 18-06-2013 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1063343)
I must just post a thank you to Cash. This forums full off differing opinions and Cashmans post made me laugh out loud on the train when I read it! Some of you may disagree but I thought it was very funny.............and I was a Craney fan..........sorry Ian

Hey i was a craney fan meself.;)