Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   The new squad (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/the-new-squad-64529.html)

Chubbyman 11-07-2013 08:32

The new squad

Having watched both friendlies recently, I have got to say how impressed I am with the current fitness of the squad,and the total professionalism with the new set up.James Beattie is proving to be a real revelation and has obviously the respect of not only the squad but the whole Accrington Stanley organization.I can only see great things coming from this.......LETS HOPE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wynonie Harris 11-07-2013 09:04

Re: The new squad

Sounds good, Chubbyman, from what you say and what my mate, Mr Cashman has told me. Not seen 'em in action yet, but looking forward to Alty on Saturday!

cashman 11-07-2013 09:18

Have to say the most positive pre-season ive seen,very optimistic.:)

Chubbyman 13-07-2013 22:04

Not the greatest performance today at Altringham,but another example of fantastic fitness and conditioning.A better second half showing,just a bit of fine tuning required.it's going to be tough on James Beattie on who to offer contracts ,all trialists showed potential.I think James Beattie is showing great maturity as the manager,hard to believe he's never managed a league game yet.Real excitement building at the possible prospects this season!

choirboy 14-07-2013 07:34

Yes, I agree.:mosher:

James Beattie is indeed looking the part as our new young manager. I like the way he talks on match interviews with his emphasis on values such as; players having good manners, working as a team, showing good fitness especially in the current hot conditions,:hothothot and players ringing him up wanting to come and play for the Stanley!:love:

Also, he dresses professionally on match days, speaks with eloquence, commom sense and realistically. Hence he is setting a professional standard to the players and the rest of the staff.

Good luck James and to the squad and staff.
I really do hope that we get off to a good start to what could be a very promising season. ON STANLEY ON.:wave8:

Chubbyman 14-07-2013 14:03

Do you mean just like JC Choirboy?

smobile 16-07-2013 14:38

More exciting transfer news expected this afternoon – Dan Jewell (Twitter)

lancsdave 16-07-2013 15:04

Rob Atkinson 2 yr deal.

smobile 16-07-2013 15:07

Fantastic News - Makings of a brilliant squad.

We look rock-solid at the back.

Whalley Red 16-07-2013 15:11

Brilliant news :D

I'm thought that his wages at Fleetwood were a reason we wouldn't be in the market for him. It says a lot about James Beattie as a manager that he can attract such a good player given our meagre wage fund.

cashman 16-07-2013 15:15

Well pleased, was very hard to keep stum.:D

Redraine 16-07-2013 15:30

Great, great news. I'm not bothered about missing out on Hughes now!

lancsdave 16-07-2013 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1067030)
Well pleased, was very hard to keep stum.:D

Have you been up at the ground fangirling again :D

cashman 16-07-2013 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 1067036)
Have you been up at the ground fangirling again :D

No where near the ground today dave.:) The squad is looking pretty strong to me, another few signings n look out Div2.

smudgie 16-07-2013 16:36

What a back line we have now :)

Signing of the summer for me :)