Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Rob heys (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/rob-heys-64707.html)

rude-dog 05-08-2013 15:24

Rob heys

I friend just rang me to say he has heard rob Heys has been charged by the fa for breaching betting rules . Has anybody else heard Owt .?? Surely not after going thru the last experience . I take it same rules apply to chief execs as well as players if its true

Tommy McQueen 05-08-2013 15:27

Re: Rob heys

Just seen it on news now from telegraph

nige b 05-08-2013 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy McQueen (Post 1069976)
Just seen it on news now from telegraph

On Sky Sports News

yerself 05-08-2013 15:30

Looks like your mate's right.

Football Rules & Governance - Heys charged | The FA

rude-dog 05-08-2013 15:30

Me too its now on sky sports. If any of the games involve Accy I don't see how he can continue in his post

DAV007 05-08-2013 15:41

Well, the man who nearly everyone on this board is scared to criticise despite the fact he has been at the centre of all the failings and problems at the club over the years has been charged with gambling offences.

Are you going to throw your precious Rob to the dogs the same way you did with Cavanagh, Williams, etc or do you continue to creep up to Rob?

It does make me laugh, the amount of times things go wrong/don't happen/etc at the club and no one in here dares question Rob Heys.

I don't even know Rob, but I do know if your the chief exec you should get fair criticism and questions.
He seems to be beyond criticism.

This is an opportunity for some of you to explain why you are to scared to ever ask questions of Rob.

DAV007 05-08-2013 15:43

BTW,
having your chief exec involved with dodgy gambling is far worse in terms of Google Page Ranking than the players.

Players in the lower leagues come and go, a chief exec is meant to act in the clubs best interest.

Its not the clubs best interest to have the sky sports scroll bar displaying he has been charged with gambling offences.

shillelagh 05-08-2013 15:45

its just been on radio Lancashire as well ..

stoke city's striker Cameron Jerome has been charged as well .. he's admitted the charges though

1611:
FOOTBALL
The Football Association release a statement after Stoke City striker Cameron Jerome and Accrington Stanley managing director Robert Heys are charged in relation to a number of betting offences.

An FA statement said: "The FA has charged Stoke City's Cameron Jerome with breaches of its rules in relation to a number of betting offences.

"Jerome has admitted the charges. A date for an Independent Regulatory Commission to hear the case will be set in due course.

"The managing director of Accrington Stanley, Robert Heys, has been charged with alleged breaches of FA Rules in relation to a number of betting offences. Heys has until 9 August 2013 to respond to the charges."
1606:
BREAKING NEWS
Stoke City striker Cameron Jerome and Accrington Stanley managing director Robert Heys charged by the Football Association with betting offences.

swiped from bbc sports news feed .. BBC Sport - Football transfers, county cricket, World Athletics

DAV007 05-08-2013 15:48

Accrington Stanley

nothing here.

If the FA are wrong, the club needs to put out a fast response denying the charges.

question still stands, why some of you never ask questions of the chief exec when things go wrong?

Div3North 05-08-2013 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1069981)
Well, the man who nearly everyone on this board is scared to criticise despite the fact he has been at the centre of all the failings and problems at the club over the years has been charged with gambling offences.

Are you going to throw your precious Rob to the dogs the same way you did with Cavanagh, Williams, etc or do you continue to creep up to Rob?

It does make me laugh, the amount of times things go wrong/don't happen/etc at the club and no one in here dares question Rob Heys.

I don't even know Rob, but I do know if your the chief exec you should get fair criticism and questions.

This is an opportunity for some of you to explain why you are to scared to ever ask questions of Rob.

Shall we just hold on until it's properly established whether he is, or isn't, guilty of anything? That always used to be the way it was done ............ I'm sure most people would prefer to hold their counsel and await due process, rather than to start a speculative witch-hunt

DAV007 05-08-2013 15:51

I agree, but some where happy to witch hunt when the players got charged.

yerself 05-08-2013 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007

I don't think it's a matter of him being beyond criticism, I think a lot of people thought he was the cardboard king's puppet and must be OK after Ilyas kept him as Chief Exec. Certainly looks like he has some explaining to do now.

Div3North 05-08-2013 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1069987)
I agree, but some where happy to witch hunt when the players got charged.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yerself (Post 1069988)
I don't think it's a matter of him being beyond criticism, I think a lot of people thought he was the cardboard king's puppet and must be OK after Ilyas kept him as Chief Exec. Certainly looks like he has some explaning to do now.

He's still fully entitled to the presumption of innocence

Just as the rest of us would be

DAV007 05-08-2013 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by yerself (Post 1069988)
I don't think it's a matter of him being beyond criticism, I think a lot of people thought he was the cardboard king's puppet and must be OK after Ilyas kept him as Chief Exec. Certainly looks like he has some explaning to do now.

Thanks Yerself

I genuinely didn't understand what peoples thinking was.
Now you have given yours, it helps to understand why he seems to be the only chief exec in the football world who never gets questioned.

I do agree if Iylas gives his blessing then he must have something to him.

DAV007 05-08-2013 15:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Div3North (Post 1069990)
He's still fully entitled to the presumption of innocence

Just as the rest of us would be

Again,
I agree.

I was simply making the point some people didn't give the same presumption if innocence to some of the players.

innocent or not, the club needs to respond fast to take ownership of the story.
That's what good chief execs do.