Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Now Then. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/now-then-65428.html)

10hickton 12-12-2013 18:55

Now Then.

Now then lads and lasses - haven't been on for a while. Hows things at Stanley, not moved far from the basement I see. A bit like Boro, got to face things and admit that we just aren't good enough. Hows James Beattie doing, whats his strengths and weaknesses ? Not sure about our new manager , I think he will go into the January window with the hope of getting a couple of big , mobile defenders - we have to stop conceding soft goals - we can score plenty but thats no good if you cant keep clean sheets. Who have you got Boxing Day - we have Burnley at home - we should win if previous games against them is owt to go by. I've got a coach on for our game at Bolton on New Years Day - hope to fill it - we did for Blackburn away, mind it was only £12 to get in - whats admission price at the Crown Ground ?

Chimer 12-12-2013 21:39

Re: Now Then.

When you've been seven points below the basement with one point from eight games, to be anywhere on the ground floor after nineteen, having gone ten games with only one defeat is very pleasant. With that run having ended with the last game, the next couple are important but we should be all right. JB will do me, held his nerve and kept faith with the team when everything was going wrong. Home to York on Boxing Day and away to Fleetwood for New Year, with Southend visiting in between. £15 !!

Exile on Spencer St 13-12-2013 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10hickton (Post 1087055)
we did for Blackburn away, mind it was only £12 to get in -

But how much was it to get out?
;)

10hickton 30-12-2013 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1087065)
When you've been seven points below the basement with one point from eight games, to be anywhere on the ground floor after nineteen, having gone ten games with only one defeat is very pleasant. With that run having ended with the last game, the next couple are important but we should be all right. JB will do me, held his nerve and kept faith with the team when everything was going wrong. Home to York on Boxing Day and away to Fleetwood for New Year, with Southend visiting in between. £15 !!

Fleetwood isnt too far for you is it ? We are at Bolton - stopping off in Colne at The Red Lion on Market Street - half a dozen Sammy Smith's will do nice. Lost count of the number of times Boro were linked with James Beattie over the years - Good Luck on NYD - by the way how's young James Gray doing ? Was talking to his step dad over christmas - seems to think hes doing OK.

cashman 31-12-2013 07:42

Gray aint doing badly, gets knocked off the ball too easy though fer me. Boro seem to have picked up nicely, have a good new year.;)