Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Former Players! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/former-players-67608.html)

Crown Grounder 08-10-2020 11:29

Re: Former Players!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1245528)
reckon everyone knows it aint the same. fans as well i follow aint much use nor is not being able to shout em on.

You're right of course Cashy........but I'm just left thinking video option on iFollow with all its problems is better than listening on the radio.......match coverage of Stanley on the Radio Lancs has always been poor, other local teams seemed always to get more matches than we did.......And the commentary with Dan and Sean provides some real insights into the club, manager and players.....also I can have a drink or two while watching the game.....:D

Crown Grounder 08-10-2020 11:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1245532)
You're right of course Cashy........but I'm just left thinking video option on iFollow with all its problems is better than listening on the radio.......match coverage of Stanley on the Radio Lancs has always been poor, other local teams seemed always to get more matches than we did.......And the commentary with Dan and Sean provides some real insights into the club, manager and players.....also I can have a drink or two while watching the game.....:D

Sorry......going off-topic here.....should be on another thread....:confused:

andyd 08-10-2020 12:15

Barrow sign Courtney Baker-Richardson if Dunny can keep him fit and on the pitch could have a great signing at that level their owner must still be pushing money in.

Twenty Eight 08-10-2020 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1245527)
Supposed to be on John's shopping list along with an experienced striker but with what's happening in the country again with these Draconian lockdowns anything can happen, players and managers now openly saying without crowds it just isn't the same, Tuesday night on Stanley in that awful rain you could see players on both sides visibley waining probably thinking what are we doing this is were fans play their part geeing them up and we haven't reached the muddy grounds stage yet total farce behind closed doors.

So that would make 32 ..........
Smaller squad ?
That's clearly gone out of the window then.
Just dont get how we can have so many midfielders and leave the squad exposed re keeper.
What happened to the nailed on Chelsea lad ?

andyd 08-10-2020 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1245537)
Smaller squad ?
Just dont get how we can have so many midfielders and leave the squad exposed re keeper.

I have said before though how many are under 20 quite a few 5 of top of my head then 5 loannees that brings us down to 20 I think with players like Ogle, Mohammed, Scully with limited experience so not a lot of money being paid out there I won't think leaving hopefully some for a couple of "seasoned" players.

Twenty Eight 08-10-2020 13:50

Do you think we get loanees free ?

cashman 08-10-2020 13:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1245540)

No as i understand it we pay part of there wages and i have no idea about our negotiating power and i doubt if you or anyone knows?

andyd 08-10-2020 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1245540)

Don't be silly but I don't profess to know but I would Hazard a guess that collectively we are contributing less for all 5 young loannees than we contributed to Baker-Richardson I'll fated loan spell last season as it was obvious Swansea and himself wanted a parting of the ways, like I said the brief glimpses we had of him you could tell he had something about him and Barrow have dipped their toe in the water and took a risk hope it works because I personally know Dunny quite well and think he's got a good one in.

monkey hanger 09-10-2020 08:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1245537)
Smaller squad ?

and out of that number how many could seriously be classed as first team starters or substitutes. take away the trophy games even last season how many actually never kicked a ball in anger for the first team. a fair few i imagine.

maccawozzagod 09-10-2020 15:20

Coley said a few days ago that they have one eye on u23 squad and some of his signings are mainly for that, such as Felton and probably Scully

MikeA 10-10-2020 16:55

Billy Kee scoring for Coalville (at 5:15):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATw4nVUtMoQ

cashman 10-10-2020 17:00

Good Lad Billy:)

Lemur 11-10-2020 09:00

Erico Sousa joins Tadcaster Albion and ex youth team player josh molloy joins Runcorn linnets from lower breck

baldy 15-10-2020 09:35

Jamie Devitt has joined Newport on loan from Blackpool!

baldy 16-10-2020 10:52

David Mannix joined the back room staff at Prestatyn Town!