Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Former Players! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/former-players-67608.html)

Twenty Eight 12-01-2021 15:35

Re: Former Players!

Trying to view things positively but why is there this obsession at the club with ex players ?
Surely the aim is to replace with better than you've lost ?

andyd 12-01-2021 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1249025)
Trying to view things positively but why is there this obsession at the club with ex players ?

Never obsessed with anyone just Doniecian is the only concrete rumour I have personally heard inbound and outbound Savin is the other rumour quite who John has in mind could surprise everyone but they must be with clubs and not free agents as in his interview the couple he wants he was in negotiations with relevant clubs.

baldy 12-01-2021 16:05

Quote:

You do remember that Janoi left to go to a Championship team, making us 750k (rumour) but for whatever reason it hasn’t worked out for him at Ipswich. Many of their fans seem to think Paul Lambert didn’t want Janoi from the start!

I’m not saying I would or wouldn’t like Janoi back BUT surely if Janoi does sign, why not loan players like Joe Maguire out and try and save a few quid on wages that way?

Twenty Eight 12-01-2021 16:39

What's his transfer fee got to do with it Baldy ?
It was a fantastic deal for us but he didn't look half the player the last time he came back.
There are surely other players out there available on loans that are jut as good if not better than Donacien.

andyd 12-01-2021 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1249029)
It was a fantastic deal for us but he didn't look half the player the last time he came back.
There are surely other players out there available on loans that are jut as good if not better than Donacien.

He came back into a side that personally I thought really struggled at times last season as said it's a rumour but this side is confident and playing well would perform better with this lot, of course there are hundreds of players out there but they have to be available, affordable, fit the Stanley mould and they have to want to come.

baldy 12-01-2021 17:20

Sean Clare signed for Burton Albion on loan from Oxford!

Exile on Spencer St 12-01-2021 19:17

Quote:

?...why is there this obsession at the club with ex players ? ?

Maybe the thread title is one reason? ;)

Twenty Eight 13-01-2021 08:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1249041)
Maybe the thread title is one reason? ;)

And theres your answer.
How many pages ?
They’ve gone move on.

monkey hanger 13-01-2021 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1249029)

there might be, but we cannot discuss players we know nothing about. its something fans of all clubs do when there is a possibility of a decent ex player coming back. the big thing in your favour is that when players do come back they are rarely as good as they were when they left. it took sean a while for a start and he,s been more succesful than most.

baldy 13-01-2021 16:17

Ben Richards-Everton signed for Barnet!

Crown Grounder 13-01-2021 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1249074)
And theres your answer.
How many pages ?
They’ve gone move on.

Now come on Twenty Eight......you don't have to:

a. Read the thread, and
b. Comment on the thread......"Chill Man!"

maccawozzagod 17-01-2021 13:53

Personally I like to follow the careers of Reds, good or bad. I love to see the fall from grace of players who thought they could do better than us (most) znd I love to see which village teams players end up at that fans thought we shouldve kept

Mekhi McLeod at Haringey Borough is a good example as I liked him and thought Coley didnt give him fair crack

Div3North 18-01-2021 01:36

Kurtis Guthrie signed for Port Vale from Bradford

Appears that squad size means PV have had to de-register another player to make room

StanleyJosh 18-01-2021 07:10

Kal Naismith joins Luton Town

Exile on Spencer St 18-01-2021 09:29

All three of Stanley’s ‘players’ came on as subs for Luton in their win at Bournemouth on Saturday!