Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Former Players! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/former-players-67608.html)

cashman 29-06-2016 12:04

Re: Former Players!

I doubt that very much, no wonder countrys in a mess wi that mentality.:rolleyes:

football19 29-06-2016 12:18

Think the deal was done a while ago,fantastic opportunity to start his new career and I can honestly say I have never met anyone who has had a bad word to say about him - a legend to Acci and his profession

dabeast 29-06-2016 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1171438)
I doubt that very much, no wonder countrys in a mess wi that mentality.:rolleyes:

But its okay to do the same to other players??

cashman 29-06-2016 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by dabeast (Post 1171447)
But its okay to do the same to other players??

If its deserved yeh.is that difficult to grasp? seems that way.

dabeast 29-06-2016 14:24

Its difficult to grasp how we decide who is deserving and who isn't. Time served? Goals scored? I don't understand why some of our players (who have all done their best for the club) get criticised for leaving in a supposed sideways move and others don't.

AccyMad 29-06-2016 14:26

Proccy's loyalty to Stanley could never be questioned, after an horrendous injury he's decided to pick up the career he chose to study for once it was time for him to hang up his boots & the very best of luck to him.
Going from player to qualified physio is hardly a sideways move, some of us might not have any affection for Portsmouth but I'm sure they'll have cracking facilities which will help Andy to progress further down his new career path.

monkey hanger 29-06-2016 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by dabeast (Post 1171450)
Its difficult to grasp how we decide who is deserving and who isn't. Time served? Goals scored? I don't understand why some of our players (who have all done their best for the club) get criticised for leaving in a supposed sideways move and others don't.

there,s a difference in a player who has played most of his adult football for a club and moved on as a physio to one who has not been here 5 mins. for a club that resurected his career.

cashman 29-06-2016 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1171453)
there,s a difference in a player who has played most of his adult football for a club and moved on as a physio to one who has not been here 5 mins. for a club that resurected his career.

I told him it was difficult fer him to grasp.:D it still will never sink in i reckon.

dabeast 29-06-2016 15:40

Contracts are negotiated between (and for the benefit of) two parties. At the end of the contract neither party has an obligation to sign another one.

I get that player to physio is not a sideways move hence the apostrophes around sideways in my first post and the word 'supposed' in my second. It was a tongue in cheek reaction, primarily aimed at those giving Tom a hard time on here.

I would find it ridiculous that anyone would criticise Proc, in the same way as I find I ridiculous that anyone would criticise Tom.

Redraine 29-06-2016 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morecambe_Red (Post 1171399)
Its part of our master plan :hidewall::hidewall::hidewall::hidewall:

Your plan might need to be re-mastered after you see some of the trademark panic clearances which are the trademark of one of your Stanley signings, mate. Just so you are prepared.:D

Morecambe_Red 29-06-2016 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 1171462)
Your plan might need to be re-mastered after you see some of the trademark panic clearances which are the trademark of one of your Stanley signings, mate. Just so you are prepared.:D

With the defenders we had last season , it can only improve this season.

I've been looking at footage of Wakefield playing at The Globe against us last season and I like what I've seen. He is tall and athletic and overlaps well.

Lemur 29-06-2016 17:19

there was 44 games after that one

Revived Red 30-06-2016 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiTChener (Post 1171407)
Yet, when I look back, it's now normal?

So is it ok? Or not? :confused: Anyone else unable to read it? :confused:

Chimer 30-06-2016 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revived Red (Post 1171531)
So is it ok? Or not? :confused: Anyone else unable to read it? :confused:

Never had any trouble with your posts - well not with reading them, anyway :D

monkey hanger 01-07-2016 07:44

jason mooney in european competition for cliftonville last night. they drew 1 all.