Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Former Players! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/former-players-67608.html)

football19 20-07-2016 15:08

Re: Former Players!

Langazi has always been an head scratcher for me, he played 10 games for Acci,looked the part,got a move etc ...,but stats show him only starting 30+ games in a 7 year pro career,with just 1 goal.
Doesn't add up for me,he looked a tremendous prospect,maybe he will come again,strange ��

Exile on Spencer St 20-07-2016 17:24

Like a certain Mr.Crooks, it needs the right manager to bring out some player's potential, F19.
Time will tell if the potential many (including me) saw in Linganzi in his brief spell at Stanley can be realised, but it would have been nice to have been able to see what Professor Coleman could have done for him.

maccawozzagod 20-07-2016 20:36

Released by Blackburn after injury if memory serves?

Gillingham released after injury limited his appearances, he then disappeared entirely - tells a story unfortunately. I think we were lucky that we saw probably the only uninterrupted period of his career

Lemur 22-07-2016 18:53

Joss Windass and Rob Kiernan start for rangers against east stirling, and danny whitehead (Remember him) moves from wigan to cheltenham on a season loan

Redraine 22-07-2016 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemur (Post 1172885)
Joss Windass and Rob Kiernan start for rangers against east stirling, and danny whitehead (Remember him) moves from wigan to cheltenham on a season loan

And scores!

https://twitter.com/bet365/status/75...979649/photo/1

Forget "The Sash", please!

Lemur 23-07-2016 12:57

whats the sash ?

Redraine 23-07-2016 14:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemur (Post 1172926)
whats the sash ?

A sectarian song, I believe, maybe accompanied by flute a la Gazza from his time at Rangers. Perhaps Deasss can confirm?

deeayess 23-07-2016 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 1172928)
A sectarian song, I believe, maybe accompanied by flute a la Gazza from his time at Rangers. Perhaps Deasss can confirm?

Any song Rangers fans sing are sectarian apparently, even the Hokey Cokey apparently Singing the Hokey Cokey could land football fans in sectarian bother - Daily Record .

When challenged nobody has ever managed to point out the sectarian lines but it just is however that's probably a debate too far for this forum. Infact it's a song celebrating the victory at the battle of the boyne.

The quote in the tweet is part of a version of that god awful don't send me home song and only relates to Windass as it vaguely rhymes with Sash.

cashman 23-07-2016 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 1172928)

It sure is, "The Sash My Father Wore" is an owd proddy song from N.I.

AccyMad 25-07-2016 16:09

Luke Simpson has signed for York, good luck to the lad

baldy 26-07-2016 18:41

Not sure if they've been mentioned but Luke Clark and former youth team player Billy Priestly playing for Salford tonight and former loan player Jason Gilchrist starting got FC United!

st06nc2 26-07-2016 19:30

Kaid Mohamed just finished a trial with Torquay not to be offered a deal there

baldy 01-08-2016 12:36

Micah Evans signed for Telford!

Jackfrost 03-08-2016 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 1172769)
Still one of the best players I've ever seen wear a Stanley shirt!

He played at the base of a fluid diamond formation. He was slow to move the ball on and did not impress unfortunately.
Pompey have brought Baker in from MK dons and Lalkovitch from Walsall. They play either side of Roberts and behind d our target man Smith.
Danny Rose who arrived from Northampton played at the base with Doyle. Linganzi just was not on their wavelength and he has not been offered another chance.
I wish him luck in finding a club, maybe you guys can inspire him. It just seems he was not at the races with us

AccyMad 03-08-2016 17:32

We've still got the no. 6 shirt available - doubt we could afford Linganzi, although it's awfully close to the start of the season & he hasn't got a club yet . . . . .??