Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Former Players! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/former-players-67608.html)

Lemur 18-07-2020 09:18

Re: Former Players!

ex loanee Ferrand Rawson forest green to Mansfield

cashman 18-07-2020 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1242125)
I've just seen this, absolutely disgusting the way Ben & his girlfriend were treated :eek:

depends what was done and why i think?

AccyMad 18-07-2020 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1242132)
depends what was done and why i think?

Have you seen it Cashy, Ben did nothing except drivie a nice car.

StanleyJosh 18-07-2020 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1242133)

Wouldn’t say it was quite like that....

Ben’s number plate had been cloned and it flagged up on the ANPR cameras that it was linked to drugs and firearms. He was pulled over and put in handcuffs whilst police conducted enquiries.

Thought he made a bit of a fool out of himself by saying it was ‘impossible’ his plates have been cloned....

Crown Grounder 18-07-2020 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1242125)
I've just seen this, absolutely disgusting the way Ben & his girlfriend were treated :eek:

Disagree I'm sorry to say. If the newspaper story is factually correct and the number plates on the car were associated with drug activity and firearms offences then the police were right to stop the car, detain the occupants and search the vehicle. It doesn't matter who the driver is. We all need to co-operate with the police to prevent crime and make our streets and communities safer. Remember, at the time the car is stopped the police don't know if the occupants are guilty or innocent. Therefore they need to take precautions and neutralise any potential threat to their safety. The families of the police officers also need to be protected from losing their loved ones who serve the community on the front line fighting crime.

andyd 18-07-2020 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1242136)
Disagree I'm sorry to say. If the newspaper story is factually correct and the number plates on the car were associated with drug activity and firearms offences then the police were right to stop the car, detain the occupants and search the vehicle. It doesn't matter who the driver is. We all need to co-operate with the police to prevent crime and make our streets and communities safer. Remember, at the time the car is stopped the police don't know if the occupants are guilty or innocent. Therefore they need to take precautions and neutralise any potential threat to their safety. The families of the police officers also need to be protected from losing their loved ones who serve the community on the front line fighting crime.

Absolutely spot on my Granddad was a policeman as is my nephew currently they have a difficult job and need the support of the public.

cashman 18-07-2020 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1242133)

no i aint and you obviously were not aware of the full story,or yeh wouldnt have made that daft comment.

AccyMad 18-07-2020 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1242139)
no i aint and you obviously were not aware of the full story,or yeh wouldnt have made that daft comment.

Charming as always Cashy, it's a good job I know you :)

No, I wasn't aware of the full story - I just saw the footage & was appalled at the treatment of the couple as were many others including Ben's club Bradford City who are considering taking legal action, maybe they're as daft as me

cashman 18-07-2020 17:52

thats the trouble with jumping in before yeh know, done it myself back in the day,;) it wasnt made nasty di as yeh probably know, but twas daft in the circs, yeh can bet his club will be advised not to pursue it.

monkey hanger 19-07-2020 07:34

[QUOTE=Crown Grounder;1242136]the number plates on the car were associated with drug activity and firearms offences then the police were right to stop the car, detain the occupants and search the vehicle. It doesn't matter who the driver is. We all need to co-operate with the police to prevent crime and make our streets and communities safer.

thats true, but unfortunetly i for one know that the information the police have is not 100 per cent correct. there was a police car parked at the bottom of the road last year looking at our house. as soon as i got onto the road they pulled me up for no insurance. i had changed companies about a month before. i always have a printed insurance documents sent to me and went to my house to show them. it took em about 10 minutes to knock on the door to apologize saying that something had gone wrong at their end. does make you wonder.

NORTHERNSOUL 19-07-2020 13:51

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1242167]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1242136)
the number plates on the car were associated with drug activity and firearms offences then the police were right to stop the car, detain the occupants and search the vehicle. It doesn't matter who the driver is. We all need to co-operate with the police to prevent crime and make our streets and communities safer.

thats true, but unfortunetly i for one know that the information the police have is not 100 per cent correct. there was a police car parked at the bottom of the road last year looking at our house. as soon as i got onto the road they pulled me up for no insurance. i had changed companies about a month before. i always have a printed insurance documents sent to me and went to my house to show them. it took em about 10 minutes to knock on the door to apologize saying that something had gone wrong at their end. does make you wonder.

Theres a lot about this that doesnt add up

The car was apparently stopped because it had drug and firearms markers on it.

Well i.m sorry but if that was correct an officer with no more than a taser would not have been orderered to stop/imobilise it.

The call would have been put out for the nearest firearms unit car to attend and if they had driven off before it arrived the car would be tracked on both the video and number plate recognition cameras until a firearms unit stop could be put in place.

Stopping cars with markers on them isnt really about expecting to catch and prosecute the occupants but more about disrupting them and their activites

baldy 20-07-2020 13:36

Max Stryjek has gone up to Scotland to play for Livingstone!

baldy 20-07-2020 18:59

Ross Etheridge has signed for Glapwell FC...

Apparently located somewhere between Derby and Chesterfield!

monkey hanger 21-07-2020 07:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1242248)
Ross Etheridge has signed for Glapwell FC...

Apparently located somewhere between Derby and Chesterfield!

about 4 mile from mansfield on the A617 from the M1. old mining village. how the mighty has fallen.

andyd 21-07-2020 07:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1242251)
about 4 mile from mansfield on the A617 from the M1. old mining village. how the mighty has fallen.

Mighty?, quite possibly the worst keeper to pull on the Stanley shirt.