Accrington Web

Accrington Web (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Former Players! (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/former-players-67608.html)

baldy 08-09-2015 23:42

Former Players!
 
Surprised to hear Luke Simpson is on trial at Blackburn Rovers!

Did Anybody rate him?

shakermaker 09-09-2015 11:39

Re: Former Players!
 
Think he saved a penalty in a game but faded into obscurity pretty quickly. Good luck to him. If Paul Rachubka can get a contract with a Championship club, anything can happen.

st06nc2 09-09-2015 13:28

Re: Former Players!
 
Dawber playing for Fulham under 21's

monkey hanger 10-09-2015 09:43

Re: Former Players!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1149566)
surprised to hear luke simpson is on trial at blackburn rovers!

Did anybody rate him?

no

st06nc2 11-09-2015 16:42

Re: Former Players!
 
Lee Nichols signed on loan for Bristol rovers

AccyMad 11-09-2015 17:01

Re: Former Players!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1149732)
Lee Nichols signed on loan for Bristol rovers

So they have two keepers on loan who've both been on loan here, small world - wonder which one will play tomorrow?

st06nc2 12-09-2015 11:08

Re: Former Players!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1149734)
So they have two keepers on loan who've both been on loan here, small world - wonder which one will play tomorrow?

Also have ex Bolton keeper jussi jaaskelainen

Outback Ozzy 15-09-2015 14:30

Re: Former Players!
 
Andrew Dawber now gone on loan to Aldershot for a month. Good luck to the lad.

baldy 15-09-2015 15:42

Re: Former Players!
 
Rommy Boco been training with Portsmouth for a few months, finally signed for them until the end of the season but Cookie then loaned him straight out to Havant and Waterlooville for a month!

cashman 15-09-2015 20:58

Re: Former Players!
 
Will Hatfield, Kurtis, n Podge all scored tonight, was podges 5th goal this season, think meself all 3 of them lads, are now playing at there correct level, wish em all well.

Exile on Spencer St 16-09-2015 06:18

Re: Former Players!
 
It's only a matter of time before every former player ends up at Fratton Park.;)

football19 16-09-2015 13:53

Re: Former Players!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1150116)
Will Hatfield, Kurtis, n Podge all scored tonight, was podges 5th goal this season, think meself all 3 of them lads, are now playing at there correct level, wish em all well.

On the fence about Kurtis,still young and has bags of potential,hope he gets another crack at league football as he dropped down a few levels and has worked his way back up

Outback Ozzy 16-09-2015 15:43

Re: Former Players!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1150143)
On the fence about Kurtis,still young and has bags of potential,hope he gets another crack at league football as he dropped down a few levels and has worked his way back up

Personally I wouldn't mind him coming back to t'Stanley.

baldy 16-09-2015 20:13

Re: Former Players!
 
Keith Brown who was involved with our Youth Team has joined Dunnys backroom staff at Oldham

baldy 06-10-2015 18:31

Re: Former Players!
 
Just read Anthony Gerrard is without a club after leaving Huddersfield in the summer!

Thought he was one of the best defenders we've had at the club!

SamF 08-10-2015 19:33

Re: Former Players!
 
Darren Randolph just come on for ROI against Germany :D

AccyMad 08-10-2015 20:33

Re: Former Players!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SamF (Post 1152069)
Darren Randolph just come on for ROI against Germany :D

. . . . . . . And got an assist for their goal, only 3rd keeper to do that in a Euro qualifier - bless 'im :)

SamF 08-10-2015 20:50

Re: Former Players!
 
https://streamable.com/1pi4

Chuffed for him

MikeA 12-10-2015 06:52

Re: Former Players!
 
Darren started for Ireland yesterday and they called up Robbie Eliot to replace Shay Given and warm the bench. And, after Tim Krul, Newcastle's first-choice keeper, was injured for Holland yesterday and is out for the season, it looks like Robbie will get his chance to show his worth in the Premiership, with young Freddie Woodman being recalled from Crawley as cover.

Redraine 12-10-2015 07:58

Re: Former Players!
 
Robbie had already shown his worth for the Barcodes several times in the past with MOM performances deputising for Krul when he's been injured. Imo he was a bit unlucky to be put straight back on the bench when the Dutchman recovered

baldy 14-10-2015 11:22

Re: Former Players!
 
Padraig Amond scored 4 last night for Grimbsy against Halifax, bringing his goal tally this season to 10 already!

Good signing for Grimsby or found his level?

choirboy 14-10-2015 12:30

Re: Former Players!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1152475)
Padraig Amond scored 4 last night for Grimbsy against Halifax, bringing his goal tally this season to 10 already!

Good signing for Grimsby or found his level?

I reckon Halifax need to 'find their level' in the next division lower down the pyramid! They are leaking goals massively!;)

cashman 14-10-2015 12:39

Re: Former Players!
 
Paidraig was a good lad but found his level,as i said before.

baldy 17-10-2015 14:15

Re: Former Players!
 
Jesse Jorenen (Goalkeeper) has scored for Stevenage!

Shame he got injured for us, Looked class!

baldy 13-11-2015 11:28

Re: Former Players!
 
Morecambe confirm Peter Murphy blood clot absence - BBC Sport

Although he's one it them now, still wish him well!

AccyMad 13-11-2015 12:26

Re: Former Players!
 
Poor lad, not had the best of luck lately - might've been a bit miffed with him when he joined the Shrimps but that doesn't stop me wishing him a speedy recovery

choirboy 13-11-2015 13:24

Re: Former Players!
 
I sincerely hope that Peter makes a full recovery from both problems.
Best wishes Peter, if you read this.

monkey hanger 14-11-2015 09:07

Re: Former Players!
 
best wishes peter and hope you,ll be back on the pitch sooner then later.

cashman 14-11-2015 10:36

Re: Former Players!
 
Summat like this,puts things in perspective, hope the lad recovers soon, best wishes.

baldy 18-12-2015 08:39

Re: Former Players!
 
Pictures going round on Twitter of Luke Simpson shaking hands with Watford manager with some paperwork infront of them!

Suprised if true!

Lemur 18-12-2015 09:53

Re: Former Players!
 
very true baldy signed yesterday

baldy 18-12-2015 09:54

Re: Former Players!
 
Pictures going round on Twitter of Luke Simpson shaking hands with Watford manager with some paperwork infront of them!

Suprised if true!

AccyMad 18-12-2015 11:03

Re: Former Players!
 
Don't know why you'd be surprised - Luke was doing ok for us till he was controversially sent off at Shrewsbury, just needed to build up his confidence - good luck to him

smudgie 20-12-2015 11:49

Re: Former Players!
 
Luke was a good young keeper, as others have said he was very unlucky.

baldy 20-12-2015 14:01

Re: Former Players!
 
I think he was good at shot stopping but everything else I didn't feel comfortable with him, Coming out for crosses with his height let him down the most!

Believe his number 3 at Watford, he will be soon forgotten if he doesn't get much game time there!

monkey hanger 21-12-2015 09:42

Re: Former Players!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1157045)
I think he was good at shot stopping but everything else I didn't feel comfortable with him, Coming out for crosses with his height let him down the most!

Believe his number 3 at Watford, he will be soon forgotten if he doesn't get much game time there!

spot on. could not agree more.

baldy 03-01-2016 14:15

Re: Former Players!
 
Peter Murphy stretchered off after 15 minutes yesterday, Expected cruciate knee ligament damage!

Not had much luck since signing for them has he!

cashman 03-01-2016 14:48

Re: Former Players!
 
What a bitch, poor lad.:eek:

AccyMad 03-01-2016 16:10

Re: Former Players!
 
Cringed when I heard about this yesterday, how much rubbish luck can one lad have in such a short space of time

baldy 10-01-2016 19:46

Re: Former Players!
 
Just seen Mangy has re-signed for Shrewsbury from Tranmere!

Great player to have replaced Windass but don't think he would be welcome by some if Coley looked at signing him!

anmc 10-01-2016 20:00

Re: Former Players!
 
Just scored winner in FA cup, anything CAN happen.

Tin Monkey 10-01-2016 21:35

Re: Former Players!
 
What was the situation with Kaid Mohamed? I thought he was due to return in January, but I see he's signed for Eastleigh. Could have been a replacement for Windass if he left us now.

baldy 10-01-2016 22:01

Re: Former Players!
 
Heard it was a mixture of travelling and not guaranteed 1st team football!

monkey hanger 11-01-2016 10:42

Re: Former Players!
 
just seen that kal Naismith has gone back to Portsmouth. poolie fans seemed to like him. hope to see him in the pompey side next Saturday.

Exile on Spencer St 11-01-2016 12:17

Re: Former Players!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1158403)
just seen that kal Naismith has gone back to Portsmouth. poolie fans seemed to like him. hope to see him in the pompey side next Saturday.

Rather see him up against Stanley than Messrs Roberts or Boco.
How many games did he get for the Monkey Hangers?

AccyMad 11-01-2016 15:24

Re: Former Players!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1158403)
just seen that kal Naismith has gone back to Portsmouth. poolie fans seemed to like him. hope to see him in the pompey side next Saturday.

Just hoping to see Stanley play next Saturday - don't really care who plays for the opposition as long as we get to host a game, got everything crossed already

MikeA 11-01-2016 23:04

Re: Former Players!
 
After his loan at Pompey where he played against us twice, Bournemouth have now loaned Jayden Stockley to Exeter for the rest of the season. He played 10 matches for us in 2011/12.

monkey hanger 12-01-2016 10:14

Re: Former Players!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1158408)
Rather see him up against Stanley than Messrs Roberts or Boco.
How many games did he get for the Monkey Hangers?

he only played 4 games for them due to postponements and being unavailable for cup ties. I know kal was not everyones cup of tea at Stanley but he could be a match winner, seemed a decent lad and had the horrendous off the field affair to deal with. I too am crossing everything for game on next Saturday but have forgotten which is my present lucky journey.

baldy 15-01-2016 17:29

Re: Former Players!
 
John O'Sullivan just signed a 1 month loan at Bury!

Wouldn't mind seeing him in a red shirt again!

choirboy 15-01-2016 19:31

Re: Former Players!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1158656)
John O'Sullivan just signed a 1 month loan at Bury!

Wouldn't mind seeing him in a red shirt again!

I simply cannot understand why Rovers have loaned him out again!
I reckon that he is better than some players who are currently picked for the Rovers.
I would love to see John back at Stanley preferably permanently!
:theband:

MikeA 23-01-2016 23:26

Re: Former Players!
 
The Shrews beat League 2 leaders Burton today with goals from Shaun Whalley and our friend Mr Mangan. And Podge scored again for Grimsby.

andyd 27-01-2016 16:25

Re: Former Players!
 
I see Mark Hughes has terminated his contract by mutual consent today with Stevenage.

football19 28-01-2016 18:02

Re: Former Players!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1158667)
I simply cannot understand why Rovers have loaned him out again!
I reckon that he is better than some players who are currently picked for the Rovers.
I would love to see John back at Stanley preferably permanently!
:theband:

One of the best players I have seen in a Stanley shirt !!!
Still a young lad,but can't understand why he's not starring for Blackburn.

pafc 28-01-2016 20:56

Re: Former Players!
 
I have it on very good authority that rommy Boco is signing for ASFC following pompey exit today

cashman 28-01-2016 22:02

Re: Former Players!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pafc (Post 1159571)
I have it on very good authority that rommy Boco is signing for ASFC following pompey exit today

If thats correct doubt if there will be many complaints here.

baldy 28-01-2016 22:50

Re: Former Players!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1159575)
If thats correct doubt if there will be many complaints here.

I don't think he did much the last time he was here, Backwards step?

Great player in his time, Great person just not sure he is as good as or better than what we have!

mab 28-01-2016 23:07

Re: Former Players!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pafc (Post 1159571)
I have it on very good authority that rommy Boco is signing for ASFC following pompey exit today

:) Cant see it my self, he's set up down your neck of the woods with a guest house he acquired.

AccyMad 29-01-2016 07:40

Re: Former Players!
 
Would love this to be true & not only for sentimental reasons - Rommy would be an excellent addition to the squad, he has the experience to cover almost whatever position might be needed, not getting too excited yet though as can't see it happening (unless he can get a manager in for that guest house . . . . . :)

VALAIRIAN 29-01-2016 19:43

Re: Former Players!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1159579)
I don't think he did much the last time he was here, Backwards step?

Great player in his time, Great person just not sure he is as good as or better than what we have!

Not often you are wrong mate ;)

:) :) :)

VALAIRIAN 29-01-2016 19:44

Re: Former Players!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mab (Post 1159581)
:) Cant see it my self, he's set up down your neck of the woods with a guest house he acquired.

Maybe you need to go to specsavers ;)

:) :) :)

cashman 29-01-2016 19:47

Re: Former Players!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1159686)
Not often you are wrong mate ;)

:) :) :)

As far as i'm concerned he would probably "Still" be better than the one who has just got a contract extension.

VALAIRIAN 29-01-2016 19:50

Re: Former Players!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1159688)
As far as i'm concerned he would probably "Still" be better than the one who has just got a contract extension.

Doubt that mate :)

AccyMad 29-01-2016 19:59

Re: Former Players!
 
What you trying to say Joe? Is there something in this rumour???

cashman 29-01-2016 20:52

Re: Former Players!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1159689)
Doubt that mate :)

We will have to disagree on that Joe.:)

VALAIRIAN 29-01-2016 21:40

Re: Former Players!
 
I agree to disagree :D

:) :) :)

VALAIRIAN 30-01-2016 06:00

Re: Former Players!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1159692)
What you trying to say Joe? Is there something in this rumour???

Do not know AM, just saying that he is usually on the money :)

winstanley asfc 30-01-2016 23:47

Re: Former Players!
 
Darren Randolph playing in goal for West Ham against Liverpool today. If i'm correct, we had him from the start of the season till November, in the Conference winning season.

MikeA 31-01-2016 14:52

Re: Former Players!
 
There's a two-page article on David Martin in today's Mail on Sunday:
MK Dons keeper David Martin on growing up with a Cup legend for a Dad and being tied up with a skipping rope by Julian Dicks | Daily Mail Online

choirboy 31-01-2016 19:29

Re: Former Players!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by winstanley asfc (Post 1159837)
Darren Randolph playing in goal for West Ham against Liverpool today. If i'm correct, we had him from the start of the season till November, in the Conference winning season.

Randolph had a great game against Liverpool for the Hammers. He was the Hammers best rated player in the Sunday Times match report.
Obviously it was all down to his 'Experience gained while he was at the Stanley!'

:alright:

choirboy 31-01-2016 19:31

Re: Former Players!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1159945)
Randolph had a great game against Liverpool for the Hammers. He was the Hammers best rated player in the Sunday Times match report.
Obviously it was all down to his 'Experience gained while he was at the Stanley!'

:alright:

Good to see both Darren and our Conference Penalty Hero Rob Elliott doing so well in the top flight!:dancedog:


Both of these lads were great for us and played their part in the on going saga known as ....The Glorious History of Accrington Stanley
ON STANLEY ON

winstanley asfc 31-01-2016 23:20

Re: Former Players!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1159946)
Good to see both Darren and our Conference Penalty Hero Rob Elliott doing so well in the top flight!:dancedog:


Both of these lads were great for us and played their part in the on going saga known as ....The Glorious History of Accrington Stanley
ON STANLEY ON



We knew 10 years ago that they had great potential, but who'd have thought ten years later they'd both be playing in the top flight.:)

baldy 01-02-2016 15:34

Re: Former Players!
 
Nicky Hunt has joined former Bolton team mate at Leyton Orient!

baldy 01-02-2016 17:22

Re: Former Players!
 
Adam Morgan signed for Conference South side, Hemel Hempstead!

accybeme 25-02-2016 20:07

Re: Former Players!
 
I have just been following tippy's twitter account he has posted an horrific picture of his spider bite

football19 29-02-2016 22:02

Re: Former Players!
 
Be a good game at Skem Utd tomorrow when Sean Hesseys Marine visit them.
Included in his team are Liam,Alan Burton,Charlie Burnett,Razor and possibly Craney !,with Max Hazeldene playing for Skem.
Might have a visit to watch Acci old and new boys !!!

AccyMad 01-03-2016 10:34

Re: Former Players!
 
Sounds good - & certainly a shorter trip than going to Yeovil on a Tuesday night :rolleyes:

baldy 01-03-2016 20:18

Re: Former Players!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1162654)
Be a good game at Skem Utd tomorrow when Sean Hesseys Marine visit them.
Included in his team are Liam,Alan Burton,Charlie Burnett,Razor and possibly Craney !,with Max Hazeldene playing for Skem.
Might have a visit to watch Acci old and new boys !!!

Didn't know Sean Tuck had recently signed for Skem too!

lancsdave 01-03-2016 20:19

Re: Former Players!
 
Bohan Dixon signed for AFC Fylde, not a bad signing for them

AccyMad 01-03-2016 22:02

Re: Former Players!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1162736)
Didn't know Sean Tuck had recently signed for Skem too!

Blimey! That's a blast from the past

football19 02-03-2016 13:52

Re: Former Players!
 
Beltin game at Skem last night in horrendous conditions (marine won 3-2)
Liam stood out at CB and had Max in his pocket.
Another old boy,Alan Burton was excellent in centre mid.
9 to get in was a bit steep tho and 3 a pint !!!

sherry 05-03-2016 11:05

Re: Former Players!
 
How strange! James Gray, now with Wrexham AFC, bitten by a venomous spider!
Needed surgery to cut out the infection which left a hole in his arm.
Hope it heals soon James.

Exile on Spencer St 05-03-2016 11:19

Re: Former Players!
 
Get him signed. I mean the spider. We could do with an aggressive defender with six legs.

Tin Monkey 30-03-2016 06:35

Re: Former Players!
 
I can never understand fans booing their own players when they come on.

Luke Joyce: Carlisle boss Keith Curle backs midfielder following criticism - BBC Sport

baldy 30-03-2016 06:46

Re: Former Players!
 
Or players being booed when being taken off!!

monkey hanger 30-03-2016 07:57

Re: Former Players!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tin Monkey (Post 1165171)
I can never understand fans booing their own players when they come on.

Luke Joyce: Carlisle boss Keith Curle backs midfielder following criticism - BBC Sport

should have stayed where he was appreciated. don,t think brains are a needed to support Carlisle united. agree in the booing of our players coming off. just a deathly silence does the trick without being aggressive to them.

smudgie 30-03-2016 08:41

Re: Former Players!
 
Sad news from Ireland last night, Robbie Elliott gets stretchered off with a serious knee injury :(

Gutted for him.

AccyMad 30-03-2016 17:55

Re: Former Players!
 
Poor Rob, apparently he's gonna be out for quite a few months & will definitely miss the Euros - what a shame :(

cashman 30-03-2016 19:16

Re: Former Players!
 
Shame about Rob bad injury, cant understand anyone booing there own players? theres one i aint overkeen on, but would never boo him coming on or going off, am damn glad when he does go off, but would never boo one of our own.

Revived Red 30-03-2016 21:48

Re: Former Players!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1165217)
am damn glad when he does go off

Be warned, cashy - your sigh of relief echoes around the ground!! :D:D:D

maccawozzagod 31-03-2016 12:52

Re: Former Players!
 
Just a quick reminder that the Sports Bar will be rammed with ex players this saturday. Lee Rogerson has organised a reunion for players from the 90's and around 30 are confirmed. Dig out the retro shirts and marker pens!

AccyMad 31-03-2016 13:09

Re: Former Players!
 
Might just break me golden rule about not having a drink before a game & get to the Sports Bar for Happy Hour this week :)

baldy 10-04-2016 09:58

Re: Former Players!
 
Rumoured Jamie Devitt has been on the bench for the last few games due to him agreeing to sign for Peterborugh in the summer and doesn't want to get injured!

Apparently been class for Morecambe this season according to Morecambe fans!

cashman 10-04-2016 10:21

Re: Former Players!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1165954)
Rumoured Jamie Devitt has been on the bench for the last few games due to him agreeing to sign for Peterborugh in the summer and doesn't want to get injured!

If thats true, dont say much for him as a bloke imho. well shut if thats the case,

monkey hanger 10-04-2016 11:01

Re: Former Players!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1165955)
If thats true, dont say much for him as a bloke imho. well shut if thats the case,

happens to a lot of players when they know they,re off at the end of the season. peter murphy was a good example for us. devitt was not involved in the game yesterday, not sure if he was a sub as their public address system is worse than ours. expected to see a guy walking round the ground with a chalk board with team changes on it.

cashman 10-04-2016 11:16

Re: Former Players!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1165957)
happens to a lot of players when they know they,re off at the end of the season. peter murphy was a good example for us. devitt was not involved in the game yesterday, not sure if he was a sub as their public address system is worse than ours. expected to see a guy walking round the ground with a chalk board with team changes on it.

Aye but our 2 aint done that, says it all to me.;)

Exile on Spencer St 10-04-2016 12:24

Re: Former Players!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1165954)
.. Jamie Devitt has been on the bench for the last few games due to him agreeing to sign for Peterborugh..!

He actually wants to play for Westley! Good grief, he must be desperate.

AccyMad 10-04-2016 12:31

Re: Former Players!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1165961)
He actually wants to play for Westley! Good grief, he must be desperate.

He never was the sharpest tool in the box & was absolute pants for us if I remember rightly, Morecambe fans seem to rate him so he must've stepped his game up a bit

smudgie 10-04-2016 12:41

Re: Former Players!
 
Westley the scumbag won't be at Posh for long, that's for sure.

He will destroy them as he destroy's every club he manages!

andyd 10-04-2016 12:43

Re: Former Players!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1165962)
He never was the sharpest tool in the box & was absolute pants for us if I remember rightly, Morecambe fans seem to rate him so he must've stepped his game up a bit

Means nothing we all know Morecambe fans have,nt a clue numpties.

monkey hanger 12-04-2016 12:08

Re: Former Players!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 1165966)
Westley the scumbag won't be at Posh for long, that's for sure.

He will destroy them as he destroy's every club he manages!

he,s like fergies lad can only do it at one club. satanage for weasley posh for young fergie. ones a scumbag the other lives off his dads reputation.


All times are GMT. The time now is 14:29.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com

Page generated in 0.17597 seconds with 8 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1