Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Windass and Crooks............. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/windass-and-crooks-67863.html)

smudgie 04-01-2016 16:47

Windass and Crooks.............

In talks with Rangers according to the chairman online :(

AccyMad 04-01-2016 19:27

Re: Windass and Crooks.............

I thought Peter Marsden was still our chairman? As far as I can see it's Andy Holt who's been twittering about this?

DaveinGermany 04-01-2016 19:33

A reported in the Express

Accrington Stanley chief rages as Rangers start talks with Arsenal target Josh Windass | Football | Sport | Daily Express

cashman 04-01-2016 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1157789)
I thought Peter Marsden was still our chairman? As far as I can see it's Andy Holt who's been twittering about this?

I'm quite happy someones bothering to tell the fans whats going on. makes a refreshing change.

AccyMad 04-01-2016 20:28

Still seems like half a tale to me, prefer to wait until the full picture unfolds than be drip fed little bits about what might be happening

cashman 04-01-2016 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1157800)
Still seems like half a tale to me, prefer to wait until the full picture unfolds than be drip fed little bits about what might be happening

Cmon be honest, when ever have the supporters ever been told owt?:rolleyes:

Redraine 04-01-2016 20:56

Nasty comment on Shrimpsvoices by "Teams like Morecambe" on the subject. Uncalled for.

cashman 04-01-2016 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 1157803)
Nasty comment on Shrimpsvoices by "Teams like Morecambe" on the subject. Uncalled for.

Well i'll put one on here, jealous shrimpers, i have wiped better off me shoe.

Chewbacca 04-01-2016 21:26

Surely Rangers can't afford them unless they mean QPR (or even Stafford)?

LongLostSon 04-01-2016 22:55

As a half dozen games a year Accy lad marooned on the south coast I view interest in Josh & Matt with only mild interest. The squad this term is such that Stanley are truly a 'team' and to my mind all have equal status with perfectly adequate boots waiting in the wings for a chance. If the two mentioned obtain a leg up the ladder, then good luck to them - just hope the club don't get screwed financially by the bigger club(s).

cashman 04-01-2016 23:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongLostSon (Post 1157815)
As a half dozen games a year Accy lad marooned on the south coast I view interest in Josh & Matt with only mild interest. The squad this term is such that Stanley are truly a 'team' and to my mind all have equal status with perfectly adequate boots waiting in the wings for a chance. If the two mentioned obtain a leg up the ladder, then good luck to them - just hope the club don't get screwed financially by the bigger club(s).

Any lad moving on is the way it will always be with us, just hope its end of season and a fair price.

Chewbacca 04-01-2016 23:16

Rangers' highest transfer fee is listed at £220k in the last three seasons, It isn't looking good on the money side.

It will be a kick in the bollocks if they are to go for that type of cash, surely the development fees would be better if they went on a free?

deeayess 04-01-2016 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1157819)
Rangers' highest transfer fee is listed at £220k in the last three seasons, It isn't looking good on the money side.

It will be a kick in the bollocks if they are to go for that type of cash, surely the development fees would be better if they went on a free?

There is very little chance of getting big money for them as any club can get them for next to nothing at the end of the season as there contract is up.

I would also doubt that development money would be a great deal either as they haven't been here that long and were probably not on big wages. I don't think there is a lot to be had in cross border transfers anyway as it more or less only applies for transfers within the same association once the contract expires.

monkey hanger 05-01-2016 10:08

the problem is that there are only a handful of clubs in the country that are not selling clubs and that includes the greedy league. the issue is when they go and at what price. I,d love to see them here to the end of the season and put a promotion with Stanley on their cv. far better than going north of the boarder with no guarantee of Scottish premier next season. I know an ex Aberdeen player who hated it up there saying that you seem to play the same team everyother week and its not all about playing celtic and rangers.

carpon 05-01-2016 12:25

Whilst this situation regarding Windass and Crooks talking with Rangers is not unexpected, it may lead to another club showing their hand.

By that, I suggest that an English club (or even several) who have been monitoring the pair, may now be forced to throw some cash on the table. It may even work to our advantage IF any English clubs are determined to secure either lad.:confused:

Also, I'd hope the pair think hard about potentially signing for Rangers. Big club in terms of fanbase they may be, however, as it has been already been pointed out, while Rangers will probably reach it, the Scottish "Premier League" is boringly repetitive, isn't much better than England's league 1 in terms of quality and whilst Rangers will probably pay a decent wage, a move to Glasgow may just halt any further progress either lad may make.:o

As for Morecambe fans, they've always been jealous of any progress we make. So much so, they have to resort to signing our ex-players as some sort of recipe to try and bring them much craved success.:p

I can't honestly think of one Morecambe player that would get in Stanley's side at the moment!!:rolleyes: