Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Bristol Rovers Match (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/bristol-rovers-match-67947.html)

choirboy 30-01-2016 16:23

Bristol Rovers Match

What a superb football match we had today at The WHAM stadium!
Bristol were a very good side and it took a superb performance and 100% application from Stanley to come out on top!
Every Stanley player came out of the match with credit and you could see on the players faces at the end of the match just how chuffed they were to win and to have played in the style which we are used to seeing.
The pitch held up well but was very slippy in the corners but Stanley still produced some sublime passing football once again. But it was also down to their determination and willingness to play for each other that won the match for us!
Pearson was the best of my MEN OF THE MATCH! He was immense and his efforts to keep the ball in play when attacking in the first half almost resulted in Stanley goals. 99 out of 100 players would just not have bothered to keep the ball live but but he somehow twisted his body to hook the ball back in TWICE!
What a wonderful and very important victory in a match which was a credit to both sides and a great advert for our division!
Excellent support from the ULTRAS today and the atmosphere in the Clayton end was superb!
ON STANLEY ON

andyd 30-01-2016 16:32

Re: Bristol Rovers Match

Brilliant advert for league 2 and apart from the first 15 minutes the better team should and could have been 3_0 all played well especially Ross in goal clean sheet looking calm and assured but man of the match for me was Matty Pearson guts and bravado and some excellent distribution automatic spots looking a possibility now on Stanley on.

Redraine 30-01-2016 16:33

An enthralling match. These lads deserve 3000 home supporters with this standard of performance. Spirit and skill in abundance from every man jack, including my bete noir McConville who I must take my hat off to for breaking the deadlock. Could have been a bigger victory with our chances but Bristol really made us work for it

cashman 30-01-2016 16:41

Two very good sides,3 very deserved points in my view. well done the stanley eleven.:)

football19 30-01-2016 17:10

choirboy saved me giving a match report !!!
Bristol have a good team and they didn't come for a draw.
With a bit more firepower up front,they would be as good as any team.
Acci had to work their socks off to get anything and they didn't disappoint.
Mention for bristols fans,never stopped backing their team.
Finally,a mention for Coley,changing your keeper against a playoff rival was a massive call,and proved a good one,the lad had a decent game.

Chrisr 30-01-2016 17:20

A brilliant match where both sides deserve credit, I am afraid the ref and officials in an attempt to let the game flow did miss several serious claims for penalties and fouls. But Bristol brought a good number of supporters who were right behind their team. we had a total crowd of 2020. I don't know what the breakdown of home and away supporters is. However the club deserve much higher attendances than they are getting. The new owner is putting his money where his mouth is and things are turning in the clubs favour. The game today deserves to be game of the day on TV. I think this was the first clean sheet of the season, I would struggle to pick a man of he match as that could fairly be shared amongst a number of players. But anyone seeing this game today will want to come back for more.

Kiwi John 30-01-2016 17:27

Fantastic result you mighty men in stripes. BIG 3 pts that.I'm smelling auto promotion.

Tom D 30-01-2016 17:51

How good is Halliday?!?! Big future for that lad

cashman 30-01-2016 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom D (Post 1159789)
How good is Halliday?!?! Big future for that lad

agree thought him and pearson were immense today.:)

football19 30-01-2016 18:06

It was interesting as they seemed to settle into playing 4-1-3-2 and their front two seemed to go up against our CBs.
This meant they were a little narrow at times which brought our fullbacks into play and they didn't disappoint ,although credit must go to Sean and piero as they occupied their fullbacks.
As I said the game was full of little battles and our lads shaded it,really good game played at a high tempo.

MikeA 30-01-2016 18:46

Already on Sky's site:
Accrington 1-0 Bristol Rovers | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports

Outback Ozzy 30-01-2016 18:52

All I will say is that it was a thoroughly enjoyable game for all to watch between 2 teams who are gunning for promotion. An excellent advert for league 2, but just how did Crooksy miss from 4 yards. Nice to see the appearance at half time of Rommy Boco, Welcome back

AccyMad 30-01-2016 18:59

Wow! What a game - edge of my seat stuff, every man jack of our lads worked their socks off & got the result they deserved - enough said!! An even happier bunny than I was earlier when we heard Rommy was back :)

Redraine 31-01-2016 10:15

View from the Gas:-

Bloody Hell that was cold | Bristol Rovers Independent Fans Forum

cashman 31-01-2016 10:20

Pretty fair i thought?