Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Playoff Leg 1 - Away at Wimbledon (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/playoff-leg-1-away-at-wimbledon-68263.html)

Tom D 10-05-2016 11:51

Playoff Leg 1 - Away at Wimbledon

I literally cannot wait for Saturday. Already starting to get excited! It's a real opportunity for something special to happen, and create history for our club.

If any team and manager are capable of putting a disappointing result behind them, it's Stanley and Coley.

In terms of the team, if Brown is fit, I would put him back in the starting line up. Slightly more controversially, I would also start Shay instead of Josh. Any thoughts?

Regardless of the team that starts, I'm feeling quietly confident we can get a great result. Just need to find somewhere local to watch the game, can't afford the time to travel down and back to London.

trucker white 10-05-2016 15:16

Re: Playoff Leg 1 - Away at Wimbledon

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom D (Post 1168295)
I literally cannot wait for Saturday. Already starting to get excited! It's a real opportunity for something special to happen, and create history for our club.

If any team and manager are capable of putting a disappointing result behind them, it's Stanley and Coley.

In terms of the team, if Brown is fit, I would put him back in the starting line up. Slightly more controversially, I would also start Shay instead of Josh. Any thoughts?

Regardless of the team that starts, I'm feeling quietly confident we can get a great result. Just need to find somewhere local to watch the game, can't afford the time to travel down and back to London.

Well Stanley have the away leg advantage , so if they can come away with a positive result on Saturday , they'll have it nailed on . As a north end fan, we were in the same situation , almost identical last season & nailed it . Just gotta believe . Good luck Stanley

Chewbacca 10-05-2016 19:54

This playing home second isn't much of an advantage to Stanley, from Feb onwards the majority of home games have been draws, yet the last 5 away shave been won.

0-1 away 1-1 at home I reckon, just sneak through.

I find it odd the Baugley and Brooklands Manchester City supporters club coach is used outside the Emirates to promote stanley away travel :)

cashman 10-05-2016 20:20

I reckon 1-0 stanley yon, n 0-0 at home.

ossy kid 11-05-2016 00:01

And who can argue with the champeen? but I'll go for 0-2 away and 1-0 at home both for Stanley.

monkey hanger 11-05-2016 08:39

go for the usual 1 all draw at Wimbledon. hope it doesn,t end up going to penalties next Wednesday, I don,t think my body could stand up to that.

KiTChener 11-05-2016 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1168332)

I find it odd the Baugley and Brooklands Manchester City supporters club coach is used outside the Emirates to promote stanley away travel :)

You had me stumped there, as to what the heck are you on about?

Until I looked at 'fishy'!

Never been to Emirates, but guess that you must have, to be able to recognise stadium from that angle!

lancsdave 11-05-2016 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiTChener (Post 1168353)
You had me stumped there, as to what the heck are you on about?

Until I looked at 'fishy'!

Never been to Emirates, but guess that you must have, to be able to recognise stadium from that angle!

The link is on the side of the coach :)

KiTChener 11-05-2016 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 1168356)
The link is on the side of the coach :)

AHH.... had to go on PC to see, image too small on phone!!

Cheers Dave

Chewbacca 11-05-2016 19:02

Actually it could be Wembley on second thoughts, both are raised well above the ground on certain sides so need steps/ramps to get to entry level.

Anyway hopefully you will be able to see for yourself on 30th May to avoid all doubt :)

choirboy 13-05-2016 20:58

It's the 'Night Before' the Play Off Leg One v Wimbledon (Away) and the nervous tension is building.:hidewall:
I understand that we have THREE COACHES of supporters travelling South tomorrow, plus we will have others travelling by car in addition to our southern based supporters.:theband:
I
know that some of our loyal Accy Folk are really disappointed at not being able to travel...... I have spoken to some truly loyal supporters this week who really stretched their limited finances to get to Wycombe the other week and WE ALL KNOW what a difference we ALL made there!:s_gupjump:s_gupjump
Those of us lucky enough to be going to Wimbledon tomorrow can together still make that difference and be the TWELFTH MAN once again!!!!
What we ALL need to do at Wimbledon is sing twice as LOUD as we did at Wycombe to make up for our friends who cannot make it to the match. We know from the players testimony that we DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!:mosher:
So come on ALL YOU TRAVELLING FAITHFUL.....GIVE IT ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING FOR COLEY, JIMMY AND THE TEAM....MORE THAN YOU HAVE EVER GIVEN BEFORE........TOGETHER WE CAN DO THIS!!!!:enough:

Just think what all those guys and gals who have helped to rebuild the 'NEW STANLEY' would feel if we could win promotion to League ONE!.........
Remembering just a few of the names.....Jack Barrett, Bill Parkinson, Jimmy Hinksman, 'Haggis' and his team mates from the 1970's. John Alty, Phil Staley, Eric Whalley, Paul Beck and the team of the 1990's, Grimmy, Brett Ormerod.....then the Conference Winning Team and the boys from our last Play Off venture five years ago!:wub::iloveyou:
All of these and many others will be right behind us tomorrow and next Wednesday.....:hothothot:hothothot:hothothot
So feel the pride ONE AND ALL.......it makes me tingle all over with pride what our little club has achieved in the last forty eight years since reforming!
NOW we can make history and go one step further..... Oh Heck, I am getting tearful as a type this!:help:
COME ON STANLEY.........:theband:
THREE MORE MATCHES TO YET MORE GLORY.....
ON AND ON STANLEY ON!
:thumbsup::thepint::cheers::wave8::signbeer:

ps Admin. Can we change the title of this thread to the "Wimbledon PLAY OFFs Match Thread"?

mab 13-05-2016 23:40

latest ticket info of the wombles site ,looking like half the away end will be open for home fans as well as Stanley fans for the 1st leg....... Still availability in the Your Golf Travel terrace

We still have a limited number of tickets
Still availability in the Your Golf Travel terrace
We still have a limited number of tickets remaining in the Your Golf Travel terrace for tomorrow's play-off match against Accrington Stanley (7.30 pm kick-off).
As we announced yesterday, this followed detailed discussions with Accrington Stanley officials that we could make extra tickets available to Wimbledon fans.

All other areas are currently sold out for this game. Take care traveling reds

Kiwi John 14-05-2016 01:07

I have finished my counseling sessions ,but have some appointments penciled in for next week-just incase.

choirboy 14-05-2016 07:17

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!:mosher:

AccyMad 14-05-2016 10:05

I'm calm, I'm calm, I'm calm - it's just another game, a bonus extension to the season - could even be a very early pre-season friendly, I'm calm :)
Who am I kidding!! - collywobbles for this game started at 5 o'clock last Saturday!!!
Hope our lads have put the Stevenage nightmare behind them - if they've been able to do that better than me, we'll be just fine COYR :)