Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Crewe JPT pre match thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/crewe-jpt-pre-match-thread-68470.html)

DAV007 28-08-2016 07:31

Crewe JPT pre match thread

Are we expecting Coleman to give some of the fringe players a game?

I hope so, be good to see how the likes of Hery, Wall and Jones perform

Exile on Spencer St 28-08-2016 11:29

Re: Crewe JPT pre match thread

Agree, Davo, it's a bit early to be referring to some untested players as 'fringe' but the perfect time to see what they can do without it affecting the real job of ensuring League survival. Hopefully, they will take their chance to show what they are made of and give Professor Coleman more options.

smudgie 29-08-2016 13:49

I would expect the likes of :-

Chapman
Lacey
Eagles (if fit)
Brown (if fit)
Clark
Jones
Hery
Wall

to all play. Will be good to see them in action , and to give coley a selection headache for Carlisle.

Exile on Spencer St 29-08-2016 19:47

Wonder if young Mr.Jones will get a game at left back? As Hughes won't be playing against Carlisle, Matty Pearson is an obvious choice to move to CB, with Jones taking his slot at left back. It may be useful for those two to have a game together, but certainly the Crewe game would be a good opportunity to see what Callum Jones has to offer.

cashman 29-08-2016 19:50

Is he not more of a centre/right type?:confused: be good to try him out though.

Exile on Spencer St 29-08-2016 20:42

Possibly, Cashy. I know the lad from Leyton Orient was definitely a left back, maybe I'm getting Jones' position mixed up with him.

mab 29-08-2016 21:28

Do we not have to start the game with at least 6 players that played the last game ie Morecambe game !! Othere wise we'll get fined :confused:

maccawozzagod 29-08-2016 21:34

Yeovil v Pompey has presold less than 100 tickets apparently and Pompey fans have raised the money to pay any fines accrued for fielding a weakened team

mab 29-08-2016 21:50

Wonder if its just the main stand open for the game then ??

smudgie 29-08-2016 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by mab (Post 1175864)
Do we not have to start the game with at least 6 players that played the last game ie Morecambe game !! Othere wise we'll get fined :confused:

I was under the impression they have just had to make an apperance ?? Sounds like im wrong then !!

Well i would think Hughes is a nailed on starter as he is missing the Carlisle game, as for the other 5, god knows?

I would definately rest the likes of Kee for starters.

monkey hanger 30-08-2016 08:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 1175865)
Yeovil v Pompey has presold less than 100 tickets apparently and Pompey fans have raised the money to pay any fines accrued for fielding a weakened team

was told that on the wimbledon official site they have more or less asked fans not to bother going as they play some u23 outfit. the club voted against the new format. would love to know who did vote for it as i couldn,t name one that did.

st06nc2 30-08-2016 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1175884)
was told that on the wimbledon official site they have more or less asked fans not to bother going as they play some u23 outfit. the club voted against the new format. would love to know who did vote for it as i couldn,t name one that did.

Stoke city, Walsall, Exeter city, 3 that Defo voted for it

st06nc2 30-08-2016 09:35

Coventry, Peterborough and Oxford, 3 more teams that voted for it

monkey hanger 30-08-2016 09:45

looks like a north/south divide again.

mab 30-08-2016 16:57

Blackburn burnley hull man u man city all voted in fact theres only port vale and Wimbledon portsmouth and our selves I think that voted against :eek: u23 teams have to at least 5 u23s in the starting line up .