Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Sad News......Redraine (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/sad-news-redraine-68486.html)

choirboy 02-09-2016 21:07

Sad News......Redraine

I have sad news about 'Redraine'.........My old friend of forty years...Michael Raine.
Sadly Mike died in the early hours of last night with members of his family by his side.
Mike had fought stoically for the last ten years with serious illness.
He continued to stand, (but sometimes sit), on the Clayton End up to the end of last season.
Mike was 72 years old.

For several years, here on the Accy Web, 'Redraine' was well known as a true Stanley fan.
I am sure that he will be sadly missed.
I know that I will miss him.
God Bless you Mike.
Sleep well my old mate.

dabeast 02-09-2016 21:16

Re: Sad News......Redraine

God bless, and rest in peace.

cashman 02-09-2016 21:19

So sorry to hear about Mike, a great fellow, will be missed by me and many others, Deepest Sympathy to all his family. R.I.P. to a true Stanley Man.

AccyMad 02-09-2016 21:19

That is sad news, deepest sympathy & condolences to his family & friends - Rip x

yonmon 02-09-2016 21:21

Choirboy !,

I am more than certain that everyone using our Forum will be sharing your feelings of loss when hearing the news of Mike's passing.
I was fortunate enough to talk 'all things Stanley' with him personally, as well as sharing many interesting and usually witty bits of banter on the Forum. One thing shone through during our chats, and in his posts, and this was his love and total dedication to the Team which we all support with pride.
No banter tonight, only a hope that the thoughts and prayers of many friends will give some comfort to Mike's family during what will be a trying and heartbreaking period.

The name 'Redraine' will I know, always be remembered here, and in the hearts of all who knew him.

DAV007 02-09-2016 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1176206)
That is sad news, deepest sympathy & condolences to his family & friends - Rip x

Agree 100%

Thoughts and prayers with his family and friends y

sherry 02-09-2016 21:52

Our thoughts are with his family and friends at this sorrowful time. Nothing ever prepares
you for such a sad loss. RIP Redraine.

Reamer 02-09-2016 23:20

I didn't know him personally but always thought his posts were quality and his passion for Stanley was obvious. Condolences to his family. RIP

Kiwi John 03-09-2016 02:44

Thats is such a sad thing to read. May you rest in peace Mike. My heart felt condolences to his family and friends.

football19 03-09-2016 06:12

God bless and rest in peace,met him a few times,real football man.

Wynonie Harris 03-09-2016 06:23

RIP Redraine, one of our own. Condolences to his family.

KiTChener 03-09-2016 06:59

never knew Mike personally, always enjoyed his comments on here,
RIP & condolences to the family, sadly missed.

lancsdave 03-09-2016 07:37

Sad news. R.I.P Mike

Revived Red 03-09-2016 09:10

I am saddened to read this news. I never met Mike but we exchanged lots of messages. I know that he faced his illness with courage and acceptance but he was always positive. R.I.P. Mike, and condolences to all your family and friends.

MikeA 03-09-2016 09:16

I didn't know Mike except for his posts on here where his good nature and loyalty to Stanley shone through. My thoughts are with his family and friends.