Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   kettle watch (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/kettle-watch-68500.html)

monkey hanger 10-09-2016 08:31

kettle watch

thought our favourite ref. trevor kettle had retired at the end of last season. see he,s got the crawley v stevenage game today. we may see him again.

Exile on Spencer St 10-09-2016 08:52

Re: kettle watch

That news has ruined my day. They must be absolutely desperate for refs to keep that idiot on the list.

DAV007 10-09-2016 09:08

Could be a good bet, a red card is a guarantee!

AccyMad 10-09-2016 09:45

I thought he was asked to 'retire' too, how's he managed to crawl out from under his stone? He's not fit to officiate a Sunday league game - then again, when has that stopped some of the refs we get blessed with :rolleyes:

smobile 10-09-2016 10:50

Not just Stanley. I went to Torquay last Saturday and that ref had a shocker. He made Trevor kettle look like Pierluigi Collina.

Morecambe_Red 10-09-2016 11:18

My personal worst ref is Darren Deadman.

He makes Kettle look like Jack Taylor.

Exile on Spencer St 10-09-2016 11:37

No matter how inconsistent or myopic some League 2 ref's may be, I cannot imagine any ref having such an adverse financial impact on the fate of a particular club as Kettle had on Stanley last season.
His name deserves to rank near the top in the Stanley rogues gallery.

monkey hanger 11-09-2016 08:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by smobile (Post 1176628)
Not just Stanley. I went to Torquay last Saturday and that ref had a shocker. He made Trevor kettle look like Pierluigi Collina.

thats why we,re despirate for refs. the ones below football league are usually fast tracked kids who have no feeling for the game or understanding of man management. they know the laws of the game backwards but only see in black or white. sweet fa to be blamed again.

accybeme 24-09-2016 08:38

seems like Trevor hasn't many fans
Comments taken from Rate The Ref.

Saturday, 17. September 2016, 10:52
Not too keen on Bolton's appointee.
I think there is always a degree of trepidation and fear amongst the teams awaiting the fate of having Mr T Kettle appointed to them...

It's also the paying customer who I feel sorry for....

Apart from getting both sending offs wrong Mr Kettle had a fine game NOT !!!!!!!!! :sarcasm: :red:

see he's at Bristol Rovers v Port Vale today

monkey hanger 24-09-2016 10:09

seems to look to be controvertial and being the centre of attention. not popular at donny rovers either. he,s used to compare bad refs with, better or worse than kettle. must have had a more popular sibling as a kid.

monkey hanger 01-11-2016 09:47

he,s got the cup game at stockport on saturday. guess what they,ve got history with him as well, but who hasn,t.

Lost in Cornwall 02-11-2016 08:37

According to the official list he's got Bolton v Grimsby (not Stockport). He caused a right row with two sendings off when Bolton played Walsall a few weeks back.

monkey hanger 02-11-2016 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost in Cornwall (Post 1180367)
According to the official list he's got Bolton v Grimsby (not Stockport). He caused a right row with two sendings off when Bolton played Walsall a few weeks back.

sorry for giving a wrong info. but i got this from my lad. probebly hoping i,d join him at edgeley park on saturday. he,s probebly still hanging around to deflect criticism away from his fellow refs. there,s a kettle watch on another site as well.

MikeA 05-11-2016 23:14

Robert Whitton joined the Kettle Club today, blowing the final whistle just as a Whitehawk player kicked a 30-yarder into the net. Whitehawk's keeper then got sent off for complaining. Fortunately for us, he's not let loose on League matches very often.

Exile on Spencer St 06-11-2016 10:13

Aren't there enough Saturday jobs as parking wardens for these muppets that they have to ruin football games?