Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Morecambe - All's Well That Ends Well! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/morecambe-alls-well-that-ends-well-69035.html)

Lord Didsbury 19-03-2017 16:32

Morecambe - All's Well That Ends Well!

I predict a tragedy of Shakespearean proportions for Morecambe at the Globe Arena on Tuesday.

Revenge for the comedy of errors that saw us chuck away a 2-0 lead earlier in the season. A sending off that was much ado about nothing, the tempestuous relationship with Ellison that ended badly for us.

Measure for measure we are far better than them and the bookies agree. They see only one outcome in this war of the red rose: A taming of the Shrimps is 11/10.

Think we'll see Husin in for Brown, a cracking atmosphere and a clear but hard fought win as the Stanley juggernaut rolls on.

3-0. Just as I like it.

SamF 19-03-2017 16:43

Re: Morecambe - All's Well That Ends Well!

At least one ex-stanley player will score against us.

Just hope we can at least level them.

st06nc2 19-03-2017 16:44

Anything less than 3 point against the cockle pickers will be a disappointment

cashman 19-03-2017 16:47

Sadly i will have to miss this,n love going yon, booked a gig at preston before the fixtures came out, always was a lucky sod.

Lord Stiffupperlip 19-03-2017 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1190392)
I predict a tragedy of Shakespearean proportions for Morecambe at the Globe Arena on Tuesday.

Revenge for the comedy of errors that saw us chuck away a 2-0 lead earlier in the season. A sending off that was much ado about nothing, the tempestuous relationship with Ellison that ended badly for us.

Measure for measure we are far better than them and the bookies agree. They see only one outcome in this war of the red rose: A taming of the Shrimps is 11/10.

Think we'll see Husin in for Brown, a cracking atmosphere and a clear but hard fought win as the Stanley juggernaut rolls on.

3-0. Just as I like it.

Milord, Let's hope it's not A Comedy of Errors

AccyMad 19-03-2017 18:31

I'm gonna miss it too Cashy, once it got moved to a Tuesday night was always gonna be doubtful if I could make it - my annual trip to the seaside will have to switch location to Blackpool this season

yonmon 19-03-2017 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1190392)

3-0. Just as I like it.

I'll met by moonlight proud Didsbury !. Tomorrow we shall summon up the sinews, for now is the winter of our discontent made glorious summer by these sons of Coleman, and all the clouds that loured upon The Crown in the deep bosom of the ocean buried !.
However, beware the ides of March, for is not discretion the better part of valour ?.
Three-nil you say ?. Well a victory is twice itself when the achiever brings home full numbers....And that really is Much ado about nothing !.
There are more things in heaven and earth my Lord than are dreamt of in your philosophy !.

Goodnight sweet Prince...See you at Morecambe..

Adieu, adieu, adieu....Remember me !.

KTF !

yonmon 19-03-2017 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1190410)
I'm gonna miss it too Cashy, once it got moved to a Tuesday night was always gonna be doubtful if I could make it - my annual trip to the seaside will have to switch location to Blackpool this season

The lady doth protest too much methinks !.

choirboy 19-03-2017 19:10

Let's hope their pitch is up to it.....
After three days of solid 'ELLISON' weather across the North West we need some dry days in order to allow us to play our super duper 'passing game' and play them of the park!
:jimbo::mosher:

AccyMad 19-03-2017 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 1190413)
The lady doth protest too much methinks !.

Unfortunately Alan, work commitments will definitely prevent me from attending the Globe but then I missed the glorious win over Orient so if my absence yields the same result I'll be more than happy to forego the game

mab 19-03-2017 19:37

:) My self and my lad will attending this one but I'll miss the pool game :(

yonmon 19-03-2017 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1190416)
Unfortunately Alan, work commitments will definitely prevent me from attending the Globe but then I missed the glorious win over Orient so if my absence yields the same result I'll be more than happy to forego the game

Forgive my lapse into Hamlet...got carried away !... I'll be getting bard if I'm not careful !.

Sorry you'll miss another game Di...perhaps the Grimsby game will make up for it !

KTF.

DaveinGermany 20-03-2017 05:25

A somewhat curious thread considering the combination of Classic culture & Morecambe! Strange days indeed. :D

Lord Didsbury 20-03-2017 07:08

From the Morecambe forum I have learnt two things:
1. Their pitch is in a sorry state
2. Their fans aren't overly confident

More news as it happens.

Revived Red 20-03-2017 07:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 1190431)
Forgive my lapse into Hamlet...got carried away !... I'll be getting bard if I'm not careful !.

:lol::lol::lol: