Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Coleman Linked with Northampton (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/coleman-linked-with-northampton-69354.html)

DAV007 31-08-2017 14:17

Coleman Linked with Northampton

According to BBC Northampton bulletin when they broke the news of Justin Edinburghs sacking. One of 3 names mentioned.

cashman 31-08-2017 14:20

Re: Coleman Linked with Northampton

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1200641)
According to BBC Northampton bulletin when they broke the news of Justin Edinburghs sacking. One of 3 names mentioned.

Doubt very much if J.C. would be interested Dav.

accybeme 31-08-2017 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1200642)
Doubt very much if J.C. would be interested Dav.

more money bigger club; why would he not be interested cashy

Alvin the chipmunk 31-08-2017 14:54

Job for life here at a club he knows inside out or uproot your family to move to a job with a life expectancy of about two years?

Now many of Coley's off the pitch frustrations are being dealt with (players being poached and sold in the cheap, wages not being paid, training ground being sought etc) I doubt he would be interested.

The Alchemist 31-08-2017 15:38

When he left for Rochdale it was probably time that he took on a different challenge, however, with Barnsley sacking Hill, it was always going to be difficult to remain there. So when the ‘inevitable’ came he didn’t exactly walk into another League club. In fact Jimmy Bell went to coach at Port Vale. It took a while before he made it back via Southport and Sligo. With Andy Holt taking the reins, his time at Stanley is much, much brighter.

cashman 31-08-2017 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1200643)
more money bigger club; why would he not be interested cashy

I just look at things "If i was in that position" Once Bitten.

football19 31-08-2017 16:21

Must admit it's my biggest fear.
His knowledge/understanding of game deserves a shot in the higher leagues (hopefully with Acci).
You see less talented managers getting numerous opportunities to coach in these leagues.
His reputation for a open /fast brand of football has been restored,and must be a little envious of Cooky and Leam,who have climbed the managerial ladder,and possess nothing that Coley ain't got.
Just hope Andy Holt appreciates his ability to "pick a player ",as for me,he is key to everything Acci can achieve.

Chrisr 31-08-2017 20:46

Coley would have already worked out his next move as a manager if he needs to. I don't see Northampton as a better option for him at this point in time. He wants another promotion under his belt and a period of stabilisation to prove himself at the higher level. Then he may consider his future somewhere else. I don't see how he can get it wrong with all us advising him.

ferret man 31-08-2017 22:33

Plus the fact he keeps telling his players that the grass isn't always greener

monkey hanger 01-09-2017 07:59

as far as managers go he,s safe at stanley. another rochdale situation could happen for him quickly. like dario gradi at crewe coley and stanley suit each other. actually we could pass em when the season finishes also.

DAV007 04-09-2017 11:53

Jimmy Floyd looks likely to get the job

cashman 05-09-2017 06:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1200854)
Jimmy Floyd looks likely to get the job

Been appointed.

AccyMad 05-09-2017 11:44

Didn't do him any harm being implicated in the same cash for players 'sting' as Big Sam then? :rolleyes:

Exile on Spencer St 05-09-2017 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1200894)
Didn't do him any harm being implicated in the same cash for players 'sting' as Big Sam then? :rolleyes:

Maybe managing the Cobblers is his punishment?m:rolleyes:

Crown Grounder 05-09-2017 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1200899)
Maybe managing the Cobblers is his punishment?m:rolleyes:

ABSOLUTELY!!! Coley's stock is on the rise, just like Stanley. 😬