Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Crocked keeper and emergency loans (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/crocked-keeper-and-emergency-loans-69360.html)

Lord Didsbury 03-09-2017 15:39

Crocked keeper and emergency loans

I think that the rules are that you can no longer make emergency loans apart from one exception: if you can't field a keeper that's played for 5 first team games you can sign another for a 7 day period.

Is that correct?

If so it means Chappers will be in the nets for sure. Only If he gets injured then will we get someone else for a week.

Coley, when being interviewed said something about sorting out the goalkeeping situation. What are his options? Can he get say, a retired keeper?

Lemur 03-09-2017 15:42

Re: Crocked keeper and emergency loans

there will be some goalkeepers out there who are not connected to any football club.

Lord Didsbury 03-09-2017 16:10

Bruce Grobbelaar always seemed to be game for a laugh. Worth a punt ?

andyd 03-09-2017 16:29

The big Dane might come back.

Mr T 03-09-2017 18:47

Everybodies "sort of right"

No emergency loan unless all professional keepers are injured, suspended or on international duty. A professional keeper is classed as having started 5 pro games including loan spells elsewhere.

Yes we could sign an player on a short term deal; providing he is "unemployed" (signed ANYWHERE) when the window is open. "signed" includes non league and pub teams!!

Sort of narrows done the possibilities.

NORTHERNSOUL 03-09-2017 22:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 1200830)
Everybodies "sort of right"

No emergency loan unless all professional keepers are injured, suspended or on international duty. A professional keeper is classed as having started 5 pro games including loan spells elsewhere.

Yes we could sign an player on a short term deal; providing he is "unemployed" (signed ANYWHERE) when the window is open. "signed" includes non league and pub teams!!

Sort of narrows done the possibilities.

As i understand it the line is drawn at the point where a player has a contract that pays him wages. Hence players wanting to protect their non contracted status play for expenses not wages enabling them to sign a contract if they are offered one so i dont think my Sunday morning appearances for the Dog and Duck would rule me out of the running should Coley come calling.

Mr T 04-09-2017 07:20

Northern Soul; until Feb last year I had the same thoughts as you; BUT following the Erico saga who was signed non-contact and without International Clearance at Tadcaster I was proven wrong under the new way of defining "unemployed".

So sadly you being signed for the Dog and Duck means you can't sign for any PL or EFL team!!

Chimer 04-09-2017 08:27

Unless the Dog and Duck forgot to lodge the paperwork with the FA .......

Mr T 04-09-2017 10:53

That's what happened (sort of) with Erico at Tadcaster; but the EFL still ruled he wasn't "unemployed" when the "window was open"!!

MikeA 04-09-2017 20:57

Max is likely to be out for six to eight weeks according to Coley in the Newcastle Evening Chronicle:
Max Stryjek facing weeks on the sidelines after injury blow in Accrington Stanley debut - Chronicle Live

Lemur 05-09-2017 17:12

Plymouth have just signed an out of work goalkeeper

DAV007 05-09-2017 20:12

I'm sure Ian Dunbsvin would be willing to return on a short term deal, a decent keeper at league 2 level

Exile on Spencer St 05-09-2017 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1200905)
I'm sure Ian Dunbsvin would be willing to return on a short term deal, a decent keeper at league 2 level

There's a verb missing - "was" :rolleyes:

cashman 07-09-2017 10:57

Good news about our injured Keeper only 2-3 weeks out. hope its the lesser.