Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Transfer window to close before start of season. . . (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/transfer-window-to-close-before-start-of-season-69379.html)

AccyMad 07-09-2017 16:27

Transfer window to close before start of season. . .

. . . . . sensible decision I think most people would agree with but, this is for the Premier league only - why am I not surprised!! Can't have them inconvenienced can we :rolleyes:
The other leagues need to band together & lobby for the ruling to include everyone - why should lower league clubs be plundered for near enough a month after the start of the season but the 'big boys' be protected against this

cashman 07-09-2017 16:58

Re: Transfer window to close before start of season. . .

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1200990)
. . . . . sensible decision I think most people would agree with but, this is for the Premier league only - why am I not surprised!! Can't have them inconvenienced can we :rolleyes:
The other leagues need to band together & lobby for the ruling to include everyone - why should lower league clubs be plundered for near enough a month after the start of the season but the 'big boys' be protected against this

Its obvious WHY, cos the lesser divisions dont matter to the useless swine that run football.:rolleyes::(:(:(

Chimer 07-09-2017 18:05

Having read a bit about this on Beeb football page ....

This decision is made by the Premier League clubs and affects the Premier League - bit hard to object to that. They are prohibiting themselves from buying, so won't be plundering us (as if!). They can still sell - perhaps to us (as if!) - until the end of the European window.

The Football League can make the same decision if its members vote to do so. I hope they do.

cashman 07-09-2017 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1200992)
Having read a bit about this on Beeb football page ....

This decision is made by the Premier League clubs and affects the Premier League - bit hard to object to that. They are prohibiting themselves from buying, so won't be plundering us (as if!). They can still sell - perhaps to us (as if!) - until the end of the European window.

The Football League can make the same decision if its members vote to do so. I hope they do.

Aye but occasionally they have plundered the lower leagues.and if it suits em to do so they will.

monkey hanger 08-09-2017 07:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1200993)
Aye but occasionally they have plundered the lower leagues.and if it suits em to do so they will.

don,t worry cashy they will always move the goalposts to suit themselves. again its one thing MONEY.

Chrisr 08-09-2017 20:38

It should be a FIFA ruling as it does not apply European clubs or other world clubs. It should be the same for everyone.

monkey hanger 09-09-2017 08:19

if stanley are never involved i couldn,t really care a flying ---- what happens in the premier or greedy league as i call it.

Chewbacca 09-09-2017 08:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisr (Post 1201038)
It should be a FIFA ruling as it does not apply European clubs or other world clubs. It should be the same for everyone.

All countries have different season dates, even in some European counties it is a summer sport.

The English game cannot see the bigger picture and is shooting itself in the foot.

Chrisr 10-09-2017 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1201051)
All countries have different season dates, even in some European counties it is a summer sport.

The English game cannot see the bigger picture and is shooting itself in the foot.

Not so sure that is a big factor to a foreign club as they would simply have an agreement in place for the end of season. The big exception to the season close down is the Goalkeepers should be exempt. No club can operate without a competent proven Keeper. In our position it could cost us dearly as with any other club. The rest of the rule seems OK. But I have a good feeling abot this season even this early.