Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Guiseley Game (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/guiseley-game-69542.html)

MikeA 03-11-2017 14:21

Re: Guiseley Game

For anyone who can't make it to Guiseley, all nine of Sunday's ties will be featured on BBC1 from 13:45:

Jason Mohammad presents reports, goals and results, with reporters at all nine FA Cup first round games, plus the Premier League and Championship. He is joined by Dion Dublin and Leicester City assistant manager Michael Appleton.

NORTHERNSOUL 03-11-2017 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip (Post 1203841)
No AccyMad, you didn't make an error.
The first available service on Sunday from Accrington, with only 1 change at Leeds, is the 12.03. This gets you to Guiseley 16 minutes after kick-off at 14.16.
The 11.03 service gets into Guiseley at 12.42, but involves the 2 changes at Bradford. This is the only practical service for those getting the train.
Returning, there is a train from Guiseley at 16.19, with 1 change at Leeds, arriving Accrington 18.20, taking over 2 hours.
If you take the 11.03 to Bradford, you have only 27 minutes to transfer from Interchange to Forster Square.
The adult return fayre, without any railcard, is £19.30
It's cheaper, and possibly quicker, by coach

Just firmed up our arrangements and you can do it off the 11.03 via Leeds

Dep Accy 11.03
Arr Leeds 12.24

Dep Leeds 13.05
Arr Guis 13.16

Dep Guis 16.19
Arr Leeds 16,34

Dep Leeds 17.08
Arr Accy 18.20

monkey hanger 04-11-2017 08:35

how many tickets or should i say bits of paper have we sold.

stanleyhouse 04-11-2017 14:00

About 450.

Dav1d 05-11-2017 12:34

On bbc sport commentaries too

chevyfire 05-11-2017 15:14

As expected a bruising encounter. Think a draw was about right. Chapman earned his money some good saves and command of box. Kayden should have scored in first few minutes. Then guiseley had better of first half. Second half of second half Stanley looked the more likely winners although Chapman saved us again late on. Referree allowed guiseley to play physical which didn't help us. Are passing game wasn't great today. Thorniley particularly didn't seem to get a pass right. Let's hope we are up for the battle come the reply. Enjoyed going to a lesser salubrious ground than Ares. The Wetherby whaler chippy was well worth a visit.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

david1 05-11-2017 15:16

Sounded a good game on the radio .

mab 05-11-2017 17:00

Guiseley 0-0 Accrington Stanley - BBC Sport Video Highlights :) 2nd min in to the game Kayden mist a sitter which you see first that cost me £25 on minuets first goal scored I had 2nd n 3 rd :(

DAV007 05-11-2017 17:07

any idea on a replay date?
can the club confirm any fan attending the replay, will be guaranteed a home ticket for the 2nd round?

mab 05-11-2017 17:11

wk a Tuesday November 14th 7:45pm ko

cashman 05-11-2017 17:12

Replay 14Th i was informed, Chappers was man of the match today, if he hadn't been we would NOT be in the draw on Monday, the ref was absolutely abysmal, first half they pulled and kicked every time Stanley were attacking. also we counted at least 5 handballs - by both teams he never saw, most of them were second half.

Lord Stiffupperlip 05-11-2017 17:38

Fate conspired to shine on Stanley today, in more ways than one!
Had this tie taken place yesterday, we'd have all got a good soaking.
Instead, we enjoyed a short journey over Ilkley Moor under sunny skies, with time for the 3-course 'Senior' special (only £9.99) in the opulent atmosphere of the Wetherby Whaler.
Unfortunately, this proved to be the highlight of the day.
Before this game, I fully expected our reserves to take the field. In particular, Mcleod & Sousa, who I thought would make short work of the Guiseley defence.
So I was somewhat surprised when we fielded our first eleven, but even more surprised by the sheer size of the Guiseley squad, some of whom made 'Big Ben' look like he'd shrunk before our eyes.
Sorry Coley, thought you got the tactics wrong today.
If any game cried out for two speedy wingers to bypass their giant back four, this was it.
Instead of our normal passing-game, we kept launching high balls through the middle, which proved meat & drink to the giants of Guiseley.
Only one Stanley player was outstanding today - Aaron Chapman
Thank you Aaron, for yet again pulling-off at least four superb saves!
You saved our bacon today & kept us in the FA Cup.
Walking away from the ground, a lady Guiseley fan summed it up.
'By 'eck luv, you've got a good goalie'
Too right lass! Too right!

chevyfire 05-11-2017 20:21

More thoughts on game, I thought Billy kee gave a decent performance (battled hard up front, created a few shooting opportunities and defence headers) , kayden thou he's still good at our level seems to struggle to beat defenders of late. Nice to see Lee molyneux clap are fans at least 3 times.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Lord Didsbury 05-11-2017 22:36

Apologies for being a damp squib on fireworks night, but those saves from Chapman look like fairly easy ones to make? Credit to him for not cocking them up though.

Lord Stiffupperlip 05-11-2017 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1204037)
Apologies for being a damp squib on fireworks night, but those saves from Chapman look like fairly easy ones to make? Credit to him for not cocking them up though.

Milord, methinks you damn with faint praise.
From the posts of those who attended today, it seemed that everyone agreed Chapman was our m.o.m!
Yes! Had Jackson not missed an absolute open-goal sitter early on, we could have won the match.
By the same token, we could easily have lost it 2 or 3-0!
The only player who prevented the latter was Chapman.