Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   League position. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/league-position-69646.html)

andyd 11-11-2017 17:32

League position.

3 out of 4 next league games at home with Exeter away in between these are at the crucial run up to Xmas period 9 from 12 would be great any more a bonus could really set us up for the second half of the season, and if still in the top 3 come the January window could be more of a pull to some key targets.

Tom D 12-11-2017 08:07

Re: League position.

Against 9th, 7th, 3rd and 5th. 9 points might be a bit ambitious, would have thought 6 or 7 would be realistic and probably not lose too much ground on top 3 or even stay there. Of course would be great to get more.For me it's the results against the bottom half that are key. if we beat the bottom 10 home and away that's 60 points and well on way to promotion - this is where we have slipped up in past seasons.

Exile on Spencer St 12-11-2017 14:02

I doubt if any club, other than Celtic :rolleyes:, could beat the bottom 10 home and away.
Meanwhile, being in 2nd place entering November is a tremendous position to be in.

cashman 12-11-2017 14:35

It certainly is, but aint taking sod all fer granted, a long haul yet.

Inspector Morse 12-11-2017 18:45

6 points from next 3 will see us on target for automatics. looks tough as Wycombe and Newport are grotty teams and Exeter is a 6 pointer.

Long way to go just hope we'ere still in with a shout come January so we can make a fight of it.

monkey hanger 13-11-2017 08:03

[QUOTE=Inspector Morse;1204413]6 points from next 3 will see us on target for automatics. looks tough as Wycombe and Newport are grotty teams

wycombe and newport are two sides we always seem to slip up against. loads of players who would not look out of place with warrington wolves. we had a bad spell last season in november and december and hope that history will not be repeated.

Twenty Eight 13-11-2017 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom D (Post 1204398)
Against 9th, 7th, 3rd and 5th. 9 points might be a bit ambitious, would have thought 6 or 7 would be realistic and probably not lose too much ground on top 3 or even stay there. Of course would be great to get more.For me it's the results against the bottom half that are key. if we beat the bottom 10 home and away that's 60 points and well on way to promotion - this is where we have slipped up in past seasons.

How do you know who the bottom 10 will be ?

Tom D 13-11-2017 18:34

:iloveyou:Psychic. The point I'm making is you can drop points against the top teams, as long as you pick up enough against the bottom teams - something which we seem to have failed to have done the last few seasons and what feels like it cost us autos/playoff places. The current bottom ten are obviously there for a reason after nearly half the season gone - we've only dropped 7 points against them so far so not bad :) and you forgot to say adios again. :iloveyou:

stanley nick 16-11-2017 10:01

I remember 2005.06 season when we won the Conference that Worcester City knocked us out of the Fa Cup which was a great shock.
But it turned out to be a blessing in disguise
No fixture backlog going into the New Year
This will work in our favour moving forward
But I must congratulate Guiesley and there Manager Paul Cox who not long ago mastermined a Barrow fc win at Bristol Rovers in the Fa Cup
These things happen and will continue to happen
Maybe a kick up the backside and a refocus on promotion
In general we have been outstanding this year

Twenty Eight 16-11-2017 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom D (Post 1204466)
:iloveyou:Psychic. The point I'm making is you can drop points against the top teams, as long as you pick up enough against the bottom teams - something which we seem to have failed to have done the last few seasons and what feels like it cost us autos/playoff places. The current bottom ten are obviously there for a reason after nearly half the season gone - we've only dropped 7 points against them so far so not bad :) and you forgot to say adios again. :iloveyou:

Have a look where we were last season half way through.

MikeA 16-11-2017 14:40

Today in The Sportsman:
https://www.thesportsman.com/article...club-on-the-up

KiTChener 16-11-2017 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1204615)

Nice!!

But how widely read is 'thesportsman'?