Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Today's Abandonment (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/todays-abandonment-69763.html)

Somerset 01-01-2018 15:20

Today's Abandonment

Just to say I find today's abandonment a bit of a disgrace as it has resulted in 2 in 3 home games either postponed or not played in full, the abandonment was the weathers fault as the rain should have held off until the game ended. I hope Saturday's game against Chesterfield goes ahead and is played in full as I don't want to see 2 home games in a row and 3 in 4 home games postponed or not played in full which would be a bit of a disgrace.

Exile on Spencer St 01-01-2018 15:40

Re: Today's Abandonment

Go back to your room, Somerset, and take your medication. You might feel better in the morning.

Somerset 01-01-2018 15:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1206658)
Go back to your room, Somerset, and take your medication. You might feel better in the morning.

People still don't agree with me then?

Kiwi John 01-01-2018 15:44

Haha..Knob head is back !

cashman 01-01-2018 15:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi John (Post 1206661)
Haha..Knob head is back !

Well Kiwi just goes to show, all the clowns aint in the circus.;)

AccyMad 01-01-2018 15:55

Think you'd better take up your grievance with Messrs Bentley & co Somerset, don't know why we even started the game knowing how averse certain of their players are to playing in the rain & if there's puddles, god forbid!

Christies Child 01-01-2018 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1206664)
Think you'd better take up your grievance with Messrs Bentley & co Somerset, don't know why we even started the game knowing how averse certain of their players are to playing in the rain & if there's puddles, god forbid!

I know it's the season of goodwill but that my friend is BOLLOCKS....:mad:

Both managers were consulted but the referee decided if it should continue.

We were still in the game despite going 1 down against the run of play.

I'm surprised you haven't mentioned Ellison yet....:rolleyes:

AccyMad 01-01-2018 16:24

CC, you obviously knew who the 'certain player' I mentioned was - just being discrete :)

Interested Observer 01-01-2018 16:31

The 'WHAM' is a disgrace. Pitch can't handle a bit of water and the facilities for away fans for £20 are disgusting. Been going on for 30 years and still those same toilets. Four spaces to have a **** and the floors subsiding. Accy Stanley allways tin pot.

Christies Child 01-01-2018 16:36

Evidently neither managers were consulted and both agreed that the game should have continued for at least a further 10 minuted BUT the referee decided otherwise.

My original post was based on Radio Lancashire's report of the game being called off just after the referee acted.

Sorry for the confusion.

Interested Observer 01-01-2018 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Somerset (Post 1206654)
Just to say I find today's abandonment a bit of a disgrace as it has resulted in 2 in 3 home games either postponed or not played in full, the abandonment was the weathers fault as the rain should have held off until the game ended. I hope Saturday's game against Chesterfield goes ahead and is played in full as I don't want to see 2 home games in a row and 3 in 4 home games postponed or not played in full which would be a bit of a disgrace.

I agree with Somerset, spot on. What did you improve your drainage with in the close season, sponges?? The FA need to have a close look because it ain't good enough, bloody shambles LOL.

cashman 01-01-2018 16:44

Another pillock, :rolleyes: that interested got no idea its clay underneath.

Interested Observer 01-01-2018 16:46

Clay in your head matey. Get it sorted...............tin pot LOL.

Greeny 01-01-2018 17:01

I think you should be addressing Mr Andy Holt , he has spent thousands on the pitch , he is very approachable and I am sure he will listen to any suggestions you may have. And if you find our stadium so offensive.....why do you keep returning????

Lemur 01-01-2018 17:10

why are you feeding the trolls chaps they were not at the game