Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Coventry away ... all tickets a fiver (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/coventry-away-all-tickets-a-fiver-69788.html)

maccawozzagod 17-01-2018 17:09

Coventry away ... all tickets a fiver

See fishy site

All advance tickets five quid

cashman 17-01-2018 17:21

Re: Coventry away ... all tickets a fiver

Thats a great price, should get a decent following yon imho.

AccyMad 17-01-2018 17:41

Fantastic offer, was going to try & make it to that game anyway & at that price it'd be downright rude not to - nice one Coventry:)

Interested Observer 17-01-2018 18:54

Come on Andy Holt, charge us a fiver for the re-arranged game. You're a multi billionaire for fe**s sake. We've already forked out twenty quid and times are hard so another tenner sticks in the gut somewhat. I don't want to miss my first away game at Accy' in 40 years but principles have to come into it somewhere down the line!

cashman 17-01-2018 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interested Observer (Post 1207385)
Come on Andy Holt, charge us a fiver for the re-arranged game. You're a multi billionaire for fe**s sake. We've already forked out twenty quid and times are hard so another tenner sticks in the gut somewhat. I don't want to miss my first away game at Accy' in 40 years but principles have to come into it somewhere down the line!

Multi billionaire, what planet are you on?:rolleyes: The ideas good though.

Interested Observer 17-01-2018 19:27

Yeah change billionaire for millionaire, but compared to the rest of us a very wealthy man and you're lucky to have him! Right for those of you taking advantage of the very generous Sky Blues offer for a mahoosive game for yourselves, here is the best bit of advice you are ever going to get about visiting the Ricoh. Get on Google Maps and search the Greyhound Inn at Sutton Stop. This is the best pub you will ever visit bar none! The food and beer is awesome and the pub is the comfiest watering hole I've been in in my life. It is situated on the canal about 1000 metres away from the Ricoh, but is in a very sleepy hamlet so it's a million miles from rough and ready Coventry. The walk along the canal tow path takes you under the M6 and is very pleasant with all the barges moored alongside. The canal runs alongside the stadium and access is easy once you arrive. Plenty of free parking at the Greyhound too, unlike the Ricoh! Arrive in plenty of time to enjoy the delights of the Greyhound just don't arrive in coachloads or you might not get in! Enjoy.

maccawozzagod 17-01-2018 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interested Observer (Post 1207389)
... just don't arrive in coachloads or you might not get in! Enjoy.

I thought you knew us better :rolleyes:

mab 17-01-2018 22:06

My self and my son going to this n :D

nige b 17-01-2018 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interested Observer (Post 1207389)
Yeah change billionaire for millionaire, but compared to the rest of us a very wealthy man and you're lucky to have him! Right for those of you taking advantage of the very generous Sky Blues offer for a mahoosive game for yourselves, here is the best bit of advice you are ever going to get about visiting the Ricoh. Get on Google Maps and search the Greyhound Inn at Sutton Stop. This is the best pub you will ever visit bar none! The food and beer is awesome and the pub is the comfiest watering hole I've been in in my life. It is situated on the canal about 1000 metres away from the Ricoh, but is in a very sleepy hamlet so it's a million miles from rough and ready Coventry. The walk along the canal tow path takes you under the M6 and is very pleasant with all the barges moored alongside. The canal runs alongside the stadium and access is easy once you arrive. Plenty of free parking at the Greyhound too, unlike the Ricoh! Arrive in plenty of time to enjoy the delights of the Greyhound just don't arrive in coachloads or you might not get in! Enjoy.

Cheers for that fella, heard parking is extortionate around the ground

mab 17-01-2018 22:59

£10 on the official car parks

monkey hanger 18-01-2018 10:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by mab (Post 1207394)
£10 on the official car parks

thats as much as my car is actually worth.

smobile 18-01-2018 13:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 1207381)
See fishy site

All advance tickets five quid

Coventry for only a Lady Godiva ? :D

MikeA 18-01-2018 19:52

If anyone's unable to use the OASSC coach and is travelling by train, it's worth investigating changing at Nuneaton for a train to Coventry Arena, rather than going via Coventry itself. It's probably less crowded and might well be cheaper!

monkey hanger 19-01-2018 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1207420)
If anyone's unable to use the OASSC coach and is travelling by train, it's worth investigating changing at Nuneaton for a train to Coventry Arena, rather than going via Coventry itself. It's probably less crowded and might well be cheaper!

not sure if that station is open match days. getting off at nuneaton is a good shout as there are buses from nuneaton that pass near to the ground and the train station is near the bus station there. stopping there or bedworth is a good option for drinkers as well as coventry pubs are for your mother in law.

cashman 21-01-2018 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1207420)

Asked some lads who have booked train from Preston MikeA, twas £20 if yeh book early, But yeh gotta add cost of accy to Preston on that, So coach takes longer but will be cheaper imho.:)