Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Coventry away ... all tickets a fiver (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/coventry-away-all-tickets-a-fiver-69788.html)

maccawozzagod 17-01-2018 16:09

Coventry away ... all tickets a fiver

See fishy site

All advance tickets five quid

cashman 17-01-2018 16:21

Re: Coventry away ... all tickets a fiver

Thats a great price, should get a decent following yon imho.

AccyMad 17-01-2018 16:41

Fantastic offer, was going to try & make it to that game anyway & at that price it'd be downright rude not to - nice one Coventry:)

Interested Observer 17-01-2018 17:54

Come on Andy Holt, charge us a fiver for the re-arranged game. You're a multi billionaire for fe**s sake. We've already forked out twenty quid and times are hard so another tenner sticks in the gut somewhat. I don't want to miss my first away game at Accy' in 40 years but principles have to come into it somewhere down the line!

cashman 17-01-2018 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interested Observer (Post 1207385)
Come on Andy Holt, charge us a fiver for the re-arranged game. You're a multi billionaire for fe**s sake. We've already forked out twenty quid and times are hard so another tenner sticks in the gut somewhat. I don't want to miss my first away game at Accy' in 40 years but principles have to come into it somewhere down the line!

Multi billionaire, what planet are you on?:rolleyes: The ideas good though.

Interested Observer 17-01-2018 18:27

Yeah change billionaire for millionaire, but compared to the rest of us a very wealthy man and you're lucky to have him! Right for those of you taking advantage of the very generous Sky Blues offer for a mahoosive game for yourselves, here is the best bit of advice you are ever going to get about visiting the Ricoh. Get on Google Maps and search the Greyhound Inn at Sutton Stop. This is the best pub you will ever visit bar none! The food and beer is awesome and the pub is the comfiest watering hole I've been in in my life. It is situated on the canal about 1000 metres away from the Ricoh, but is in a very sleepy hamlet so it's a million miles from rough and ready Coventry. The walk along the canal tow path takes you under the M6 and is very pleasant with all the barges moored alongside. The canal runs alongside the stadium and access is easy once you arrive. Plenty of free parking at the Greyhound too, unlike the Ricoh! Arrive in plenty of time to enjoy the delights of the Greyhound just don't arrive in coachloads or you might not get in! Enjoy.

maccawozzagod 17-01-2018 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interested Observer (Post 1207389)
... just don't arrive in coachloads or you might not get in! Enjoy.

I thought you knew us better :rolleyes:

mab 17-01-2018 21:06

My self and my son going to this n :D

nige b 17-01-2018 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interested Observer (Post 1207389)
Yeah change billionaire for millionaire, but compared to the rest of us a very wealthy man and you're lucky to have him! Right for those of you taking advantage of the very generous Sky Blues offer for a mahoosive game for yourselves, here is the best bit of advice you are ever going to get about visiting the Ricoh. Get on Google Maps and search the Greyhound Inn at Sutton Stop. This is the best pub you will ever visit bar none! The food and beer is awesome and the pub is the comfiest watering hole I've been in in my life. It is situated on the canal about 1000 metres away from the Ricoh, but is in a very sleepy hamlet so it's a million miles from rough and ready Coventry. The walk along the canal tow path takes you under the M6 and is very pleasant with all the barges moored alongside. The canal runs alongside the stadium and access is easy once you arrive. Plenty of free parking at the Greyhound too, unlike the Ricoh! Arrive in plenty of time to enjoy the delights of the Greyhound just don't arrive in coachloads or you might not get in! Enjoy.

Cheers for that fella, heard parking is extortionate around the ground

mab 17-01-2018 21:59

£10 on the official car parks

monkey hanger 18-01-2018 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by mab (Post 1207394)
£10 on the official car parks

thats as much as my car is actually worth.

smobile 18-01-2018 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 1207381)
See fishy site

All advance tickets five quid

Coventry for only a Lady Godiva ? :D

MikeA 18-01-2018 18:52

If anyone's unable to use the OASSC coach and is travelling by train, it's worth investigating changing at Nuneaton for a train to Coventry Arena, rather than going via Coventry itself. It's probably less crowded and might well be cheaper!

monkey hanger 19-01-2018 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1207420)
If anyone's unable to use the OASSC coach and is travelling by train, it's worth investigating changing at Nuneaton for a train to Coventry Arena, rather than going via Coventry itself. It's probably less crowded and might well be cheaper!

not sure if that station is open match days. getting off at nuneaton is a good shout as there are buses from nuneaton that pass near to the ground and the train station is near the bus station there. stopping there or bedworth is a good option for drinkers as well as coventry pubs are for your mother in law.

cashman 21-01-2018 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1207420)

Asked some lads who have booked train from Preston MikeA, twas £20 if yeh book early, But yeh gotta add cost of accy to Preston on that, So coach takes longer but will be cheaper imho.:)

Lord Stiffupperlip 21-01-2018 18:58

Changing trains???? £10 parking fees????
OASSC coach is only £15 for members + £5 match ticket.
There & back in comfort, including the game for only £20!
In the words of Harold MacMillan - 'You've never had it so good!

cashman 21-01-2018 19:00

Thats gonna be my form of transport anyway. and its not often i take the word of a sodding Tory lol

MikeA 21-01-2018 21:18

That's right if you're going from Accy, Cashy. But if you're travelling from somewhere else then it's probably easier to travel via Nuneaton and, in my case, considerably cheaper.

cashman 22-01-2018 13:45

Got me match ticket and booked coach today, on second coach already, cmon stanleyites lets get a cartload of coaches going down yon, should be a cracking day, and £5 a match ticket is a real bargain.

Lord Stiffupperlip 22-01-2018 14:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1207652)
got me match ticket and booked coach today, on second coach already, cmon stanleyites lets get a cartload of coaches going down yon, should be a cracking day, and £5 a match ticket is a real bargain.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/a...9&d=1516634202

we will obey!!!!!!

AccyMad 22-01-2018 16:42

Also booked on the coach today (same one as you Cashy, you lucky thing :))
Just need to pick up my ticket & I'm good to go!

cashman 22-01-2018 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1207659)
Also booked on the coach today (same one as you Cashy, you lucky thing :))
Just need to pick up my ticket & I'm good to go!

yep i am lucky yer civilized.:D

AccyMad 22-01-2018 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1207660)
yep i am lucky yer civilized.:D

Ha, ha - most of the time anyway:rolleyes:

mab 22-01-2018 21:05

Well that's two more booked on the Coach don't no if it number 2or a 3rd :D

stanley nick 05-02-2018 11:18

23,000 home tickets sold for this one
Come on Stanley FANS lets take 1,000

cashman 05-02-2018 12:42

How many coaches are going at this stage of things anyone?

DAV007 05-02-2018 14:40

is it £5 on the gate?
if not, when will the stanley club shop stop selling them?

Lord Stiffupperlip 05-02-2018 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1208231)
How many coaches are going at this stage of things anyone?

Cashy, when I enquired at the game on Saturday, we're only on coach 3!
In the words of Delia Smith -
'Stanley fans, where are you? Where are you? Let's be 'avin you!'

Mr T 05-02-2018 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1208233)
is it £5 on the gate?
if not, when will the stanley club shop stop selling them?

It's £10 on the day;

We'll sell until 4pm on Friday at ASFC

cashman 05-02-2018 15:27

Hope the club push it again if theres 20 odd thousand of them we will need a few hundred to out shout em.

Jimmy Clitheroe 05-02-2018 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanley nick (Post 1208230)
23,000 home tickets sold for this one

Not quite sold - apparently 14'000 given away

NEWS: Community Day tickets hit 22,000 - with nearly 14,000 free tickets going to local schools!

maccawozzagod 05-02-2018 17:31

Probably with a shedload of the bangy clappy things :-(

4 coaches at least, we'll outshout anyone with that

andyd 05-02-2018 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 1208241)

Plus them on train and us in cars easy louder than them:theband:

MikeA 07-02-2018 11:48

Quote:

Only 3,000 of 'em. Would that fill a shed? ;)

https://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/2018/feb...ngton-stanley/

https://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/2018/jan...community-day/

MikeA 08-02-2018 18:49

Programmes reduced from £3 to £2:
https://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/2018/feb...community-day/

Lord Stiffupperlip 08-02-2018 19:29

Quote:

According to the ASSC at Tuesday night's game, we're still on coach no.3!!!
More than disappointing if true?
Perhaps we should be bringing our new 1200 school kid fans along to boost the red army.

maccawozzagod 08-02-2018 19:40

Theres at least 1 other coach that I know of so definitely 4 ... wouldve been nice for more though

cashman 08-02-2018 19:49

Know some going on train from Preston also some from Manchester.

Dav1d 10-02-2018 14:57

1-0 half time, Jordan Clark with the goal.

Twenty Eight 10-02-2018 15:04

Over the moon to see Captain Seamus back. Clean sheet and we're home.

Twenty Eight 10-02-2018 15:32

Clickers on fire .......

keep the faith 10-02-2018 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1208521)
Clickers on fire .......

???????

Kiwi John 10-02-2018 15:57

Isn't this just heaven? great stuff STANLEY.

VALAIRIAN 10-02-2018 15:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1208521)
Clickers on fire .......

Quote:

Originally Posted by keep the faith (Post 1208522)
???????

Jordan Clark

Lord Love Rocket 10-02-2018 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1208524)
Jordan Clark

He's called him clicker since he was a nipper

mab 10-02-2018 16:21

920 Stanley fans at the game today :)

mab 10-02-2018 16:34

, x revised figure of 513 Stanley fans, wrong info given

cashman 10-02-2018 19:09

For my money twas the best 90 mins of the season, Coventry (with all their resources) never looked like getting into the game, we completely outdid em,johnson laid both goals on fer clarky. another everyman did his bit.:):)

Exile on Spencer St 10-02-2018 20:44

Best away performance from Stanley since....West Ham?
Really assured from all XI, played a team game, closing down in numbers, making themselves available for a pass.
Coventry were very poor. Maybe Professor Coleman's being diplomatic mentioning their injury list, etc, or maybe they had their minds on the FA Cup. But definitely Stanley made them look second rate; even when they had the ball they rarely threatened.
Very impressed with Messrs Johnson and Dunne, as relative new boys, and good to see Captain Conneely back.
And great support from the Syanley fans.

maccawozzagod 10-02-2018 21:04

Coventry were never in the game because we didnt let them. Great points allround today

Lord Stiffupperlip 10-02-2018 23:21

No one entering the Ricoh Arena for the first time could fail to be impressed by such grandeur
How can it be that this one-time member of footballs elite, winners of the FA Cup, are reduced to plying their trade in Englands 4th tier of football?
How are the mighty fallen.
I predicted that Coventry's bumper home crowd of over 27,000, would will their team to victory. How wrong could I be?
Enter little Accrington Stanley to spoil the sky-blues big party.
Coventry were outplayed by perhaps the most complete performance I've witnessed by Stanley this season.
They came close to scoring on a couple of occassions but then, we too could easily have doubled our goal tally on another day.
Every man wearing red - and 1 in black, gave 100% today. But my 'm.o.m.' would go to young Johnson who imho, was simply outstanding.
He took on the role of missing captain McConville with skill & aplomb, creating many of our best moves.
Stanley's 515 travelling faithful - almost 50% of our normal fan base, made a monkey of the home advantage by outsinging our hosts from start to end.
Today will live long in the memory of every Stanley fan who had the privelige to be there.
In all honesty, I didn't have much hope of winning today.
If fate decrees we achieve promotion this season, surely this will be remembered as the 3 points that secured it.

monkey hanger 11-02-2018 08:00

[QUOTE=Lord Stiffupperlip;1208552]No one entering the Ricoh Arena for the first time could fail to be impressed by such grandeur
How can it be that this one-time member of footballs elite, winners of the FA Cup, are reduced to plying their trade in Englands 4th tier of football?

easy answer. bad owners and
bad decisions. its not where or what a ground you play on its the skill and character of the players on it. roll on tuesday night at the little wham.

choirboy 11-02-2018 09:17

The match has been well summed by earlier posters above. :mosher::mosher::mosher:
Maybe it was a mistake for Coventry to draw in such a big crowd, with the really cheap admission fee, as it might just have added to the pressure on their team to win. They were missing a couple of players through injury too. Having said that our boys were magnificent right down the team list. Chappers got better and better and did a couple of really confident high catches above a crowded penalty towards the end of the 90 minutes. Very pleasing to see and with his clean sheet I hope that he can repeat it consistently for the rest of the season.:theband:
:mosher::mosher:
Johnson set up the first goal with a driving run round the outside of their right back and he reproduced that determination a number of times throughout the match with similar runs. His corners too were hit hard and caused problems in their goal mouth. I could list all the players again and wax lyrically about how well they all played but essentially this was just a WONDERFUL TEAM PERFORMANCE.:wave8::wave8::signbeer:
I have to say that part of that team performance was THE INCREDIBLE SUPPORT FROM THE STANLEY FAITHFUL in our long thin triangle of seats in a corner of the ground. The continuous noise and the creativity of our singing still amazes me......!!!:s_gupjump:s_gupjump:s_gupjump
Well done to the 513 loyal RED SUPPORTERS who out sang their 28,000 !!!:theband::theband:
The players really do appreciate our support and once again they showed this at the final whistle.
:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy
What a GRAND DAY OUT!:jimbo::jimbo:
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS:jimbo::jimbo:
ON STANLEY ON
:jimbo::jimbo:
KEEP THE FAITH
:mosher::mosher::mosher:

AccyMad 11-02-2018 09:52

It tickled me that Coventry put the words up on the big screen, karaoke style, to try & get their fans to sing their support :D:rolleyes:
Fantastic performance from all our lads & a well deserved result made for a brilliant day, if I was being picky I'd say they were a little over zealous with searching our fans on the way in, but whatever floats their boat :) - certainly didn't detract from our enjoyment of the day

choirboy 11-02-2018 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1208568)
It tickled me that Coventry put the words up on the big screen, karaoke style, to try & get their fans to sing their support :D:rolleyes:
Fantastic performance from all our lads & a well deserved result made for a brilliant day, if I was being picky I'd say they were a little over zealous with searching our fans on the way in, but whatever floats their boat :) - certainly didn't detract from our enjoyment of the day

By 'eck!:eek:
I didn't get searched and I had my 'Little plastic horn' hidden in my fleece pocket under my red gortex jacket!:jimbo::jimbo::jimbo::jimbo::jimbo:

Must be my innocent choirboy looks!!!!

cashman 11-02-2018 10:27

I never got searched either with my little bag, suppose Di @ her mum look very suspicious?:D

AccyMad 11-02-2018 10:34

Must've just been the female steward then, she searched my bag (standard), then my coat pockets & even inside me hat! All in the name of safety I know but I think what topped it was asking someone to open their flask & sniffing it???? :rolleyes:

cashman 11-02-2018 10:53

To be perfectly honest i was surprised me bag wasn't searched, given such a big attendance at yesterdays game?? thats very poor in my eyes.:(

AccyMad 11-02-2018 10:55

Yes Cashy, & you look far more dodgy than me or my mum . . . . . . . ;)

choirboy 11-02-2018 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1208580)
Yes Cashy, & you look far more dodgy than me or my mum . . . . . . . ;)

It's the curtain ring in 'is ear wot does it Di.:s_aim1:

ps Cashy.....
Just what did you have in your bag then?:s_aim1:

cashman 11-02-2018 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1208586)
It's the curtain ring in 'is ear wot does it Di.:s_aim1:

ps Cashy.....
Just what did you have in your bag then?:s_aim1:

Flask n buts and me specs

Twenty Eight 11-02-2018 12:17

Lord Stiff
This win won't be the one that clinched promotion. 7 points from 9 against Wycombe County and Luton.............

Lord Stiffupperlip 11-02-2018 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1208591)
Lord Stiff
This win won't be the one that clinched promotion. 7 points from 9 against Wycombe County and Luton.............

Perhaps! But Luton face Coventry at the Ricoh next Saturday.
Let's see how they do?
Wycombe also play Coventry, at home on the 27th Feb.
After their humiliation yesterday, they may well do us a big favour by beating both.
At the end of the day, a draw against our biggest rivals may be enough - if other results go our way.
Who knows, yesterday's 3 points could well prove to be the clincher.

cashman 11-02-2018 15:31

Yesterdays 3Pts was absolutely massive imho.:)

monkey hanger 12-02-2018 07:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1208577)
I think what topped it was asking someone to open their flask & sniffing it???? :rolleyes:

whatever turns em on.

monkey hanger 12-02-2018 07:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1208606)
Yesterdays 3Pts was absolutely massive imho.:)

did anyone really expect 6 points from our last 2 games apart from ones who live in red tinted specs. hope we do not slip up against sides lower down the league like we have done in the past.

cashman 12-02-2018 08:34

I said to the lads before those 2 games, i would be very happy with 4 pts, 6 is me birthday.:D

MikeA 12-02-2018 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1208653)
I said to the lads before those 2 games, i would be very happy with 4 pts, 6 is me birthday.:D

Happy birthday, Cashy! :)