Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Good idea (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/good-idea-69797.html)

VALAIRIAN 23-01-2018 15:25

Good idea

Something that a chap I know muted some years ago, but - as a Club - we have never been in a position..........

Andy Holt commits to shirt giveaway ? Accrington Stanley

Hope that this helps to build fans for the future :)

cashman 23-01-2018 15:44

Re: Good idea

I have been telling em for years i think its the best way to build gates up. seems we have now got a leader with sense. imho.

maccawozzagod 23-01-2018 16:24

I'm buying the beers in for whoever came up with this idea!

In all seriousness this is the best news I've heard in ten yearsyears

VALAIRIAN 23-01-2018 16:40

Macca's idea

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 1207696)
I'm buying the beers in for whoever came up with this idea!

In all seriousness this is the best news I've heard in ten yearsyears

You have been doing that for over 30 years mate :D :D

Really hope that this pays off :)

AccyMad 23-01-2018 16:48

Well done to the community trust as well for their sponsorship of this initiative, although no doubt some of the tree huggers who are opposed to the proposed new hub will come up with some stupid comments about it being bribery or some other nonsense :rolleyes:

Exile on Spencer St 23-01-2018 18:38

Good? Brilliant idea!
Well done, Mr. H and the Trust for looking beyond the next match.

Shurm 23-01-2018 19:09

What a great idea, well done

ossy kid 23-01-2018 21:08

Are you putting in for yours Cash, oh sorry you have to get in to grade three first??? Well somebody had to say it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lord Didsbury 23-01-2018 23:42

Go on then, how does it work? If someone had given me a Hunslet Rugby shirt in the early 70s it would have made no difference.

Not saying it’s not going to work, or worth a try, just trying to see what the logic is.

I suppose if it gets 20 new fans they might influence another 20.... an extra 40 fans is 3%.
Or, does it just generally raise the profile of the club in the town at the age that matters most? First step of an overall marketing strategy?

ossy kid 24-01-2018 01:00

I think it's a great idea, start with them young, bring them to a game, make them fans and, who knows, maybe they will drag their parents along. Early memories stay with you forever, once a fan always a fan. Well done all involved.

maccawozzagod 24-01-2018 07:17

Your Didsship,

Apparently test have shown that age 7 is when loyalties are established so thats the age they're aiming at - its also an age where incessant nagging becomes more intelligent (take me to a game dad!)

The idea in itself doesnt need to provide a financial return, the intangible benefit is the subliminal messages it sends. 1200 new adverts are going to be pounding the streets of Accy this summer.

It tells other kids that Stanley ARE here

It shows the wider community that Stanley ARE part of the community

It tells the business community that we ARE worth investing in

It tells Blackburn and Burnley that WE WANT OUR TOWN BACK, AND WE'RE TAKING IT

I've papped on for years about this and am genuinely excited by it. Kids keep things and wear them forever (pyjama tops that are far too small), we WILL see half naked kids running up and down the back streets of Hyndburn, in Stanley red, for years to come - à la Burnley kids with their 30 year old Endsleigh shirts. The Wham shirt has just hit Iconic status up there, and surpassing, the 93 Hollands Pie shirt.

Mark my words, the turnaround in fanbase numbers began yesterday

Lord Didsbury 24-01-2018 07:38

Stirring words Macca!

monkey hanger 24-01-2018 11:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1207712)
Go on then, how does it work? If someone had given me a Hunslet Rugby shirt in the early 70s it would have made no difference.

Not saying it’s not going to work, or worth a try, just trying to see what the logic is.

I suppose if it gets 20 new fans they might influence another 20.... an extra 40 fans is 3%.
Or, does it just generally raise the profile of the club in the town at the age that matters most? First step of an overall marketing strategy?

think if someone had given you a hunslet shirt in the 70,s you might have gone down at least once with a parent or with mates depending on your age just to be nosy. you might have enjoyed the parkside delights and gone back again. hope it works and at least people are trying. if i,d been given a leeds united shirt as a kid that would be another story though.

LongLostSon 24-01-2018 21:47

My Dad's work caused me to be exiled from Accy just before my 8th birthday - but I'd already been taken along to Peel park. Hit 74 a fortnight back and despite exile status am still a ardent Stanley nutter. Great move by the club.

AccyMad 08-02-2018 10:12

Went into the club this morning for Coventry tickets, just as coach loads of kids were starting to arrive - bless 'em, they all sounded so excited - no doubt they'll have a great time.
Well done to all involved with this, great idea :)