Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Honest Billy Kee (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/honest-billy-kee-69816.html)

Chimer 07-02-2018 10:17

Honest Billy Kee

I don't know if this has been linked on here before, I knew something about the issue but certainly hadn't seen this piece ...... says such a lot about Billy that he's prepared to speak about depression so frankly. Good lad ....

?The rat in my head that won't stop? - Accrington's Billy Kee living with severe anxiety - BBC Sport

cashman 07-02-2018 10:22

Re: Honest Billy Kee

I listened to that this morning, had no idea how to put on here, Billy deserves a medal as far as i'm concerned, takes real guts to come out wi that in my view.

anmc 07-02-2018 10:50

Everything he said is so truthful and honest. Well done, hope it does help someone else.

maccawozzagod 07-02-2018 15:54

Makes you wonder how good he couldve been. It was well documented earlier in his career that he struggled at some places, and now he, or they, would be reluctant to make a move.

8 goals in 9 games (plus the abandoned Morecambe match) shows his calibre

cashman 07-02-2018 17:57

Just watched part of this again on BBC North West. with Billy @ J.C. well done Billy lad @ J.C. supporting him.

choirboy 07-02-2018 20:19

Billy on the pitch for the Stanley.....Brave, Strong, Willing and COURAGEOUS.....always!
Billy on Depression........BRAVE, STRONG, WILLING to help others by showing so much COURAGE in this interview.
WOW....... Even more respect than ever for the lad!

Chrisr 07-02-2018 20:44

It took guts to open up like that. I am glad we as a society have moved along enough to allow people to feel they can ask for help with no stigma attached. Well done Billy Kee.

cashman 07-02-2018 20:47

It must help and make some difference when your "Employer" backs yeh in summat like this. Well Done J.C. and Stanley also.

Lord Stiffupperlip 08-02-2018 14:40

Those of us blessed to be free from this illness - and it is an illness, must wonder how, as Billy acknowledges, anyone who enjoys such a envious lifestyle could possibly suffer from depression?
But depression is a killer just as powerful as cancer.
Thank God Billy has the support of a loving family & a caring employer.
Billy, I hope you know that you have another family who are devoted to you - 1200+ Stanley fans!
SUPER BILLY KEE!
WE WILL ALWAYS
LOVE YOU!

MikeA 15-02-2018 16:29

A role model too!
https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2018/02/...loan-spell-yet

cashman 15-02-2018 16:35

Zanazala also sounds like a good lad.:)

Interested Observer 25-02-2018 18:37

Just watched the BBC video about Billy. When you watch him play you have no idea he is struggling with such issues and credit to Accy' in giving him a long term contract, so important I would guess in helping him to concentrate on his football, rather than everything else which is afflicting him. You have yourselves one very good player for this level. As a Morecambe fan I wish him all the luck going, apart from 6th March when we really need a point or three to try and get up the table a bit.

AccyMad 25-02-2018 19:40

Thanks for your comments on Billy, we're all really proud of him both for his football skills & his openness about his problems.
While we're really grateful for the favour your lads did us yesterday at Wycombe, I don't think we can stretch it to letting you take anything away from our place a week on Tuesday if we can help it :)