Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Bit of good news. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/bit-of-good-news-69825.html)

cashman 09-02-2018 12:59

Bit of good news.

just read Hartlepool have come out of administration, after a fan started fund raising, Well pleased oer that. hate to see clubs go under. The 200K has been paid off, so thats a promising start.

VALAIRIAN 09-02-2018 15:11

Re: Bit of good news.

Agree Cashy good news, just hope that somebody - as with us - comes along with a few bob.

Then next season, good cup run and Newcastle away :)

:) :) :)

Lord Didsbury 10-02-2018 08:10

On a related topic...

Now you older ones will know all about this, but I was amazed to watch a documentary last night about Third Lanark on iPlayer. I confess I had never even heard of them and their eventual demise in 1967.

They were a big club. Why have I lived 55 years blissfully unaware of them? I think I shall visit their old ground next weekend when I’m up there.

cashman 10-02-2018 08:14

Tobe honest LordD was a club i had completely forgot about.:o:o

monkey hanger 10-02-2018 08:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1208445)
just read Hartlepool have come out of administration, after a fan started fund raising, Well pleased oer that. hate to see clubs go under. The 200K has been paid off, so thats a promising start.

never actually gone into admin. yet. the money was paid just to keep the club going and will rear its ugly head next time wages are to be paid. think the tax bill has been paid but the soap opera has a long way to go before a good outcome for pools is arrived. the club needs a good owner quickly as i think the administration word is coming up next month. trying to follow whats going on but all the business speak is a bit beyond me i,m afraid.

monkey hanger 10-02-2018 08:35

Now you older ones will know all about this, but I was amazed to watch a documentary last night about Third Lanark on iPlayer. I confess I had never even heard of them and their eventual demise in 1967.

i know things are better at stanley nowadays but have not always been. have i done something really bad in my life as being a stanley fan, ex fan of hartlepool and as a kid third lanark were my favourite scottish club. think i,ll nip over to blackburn to put my curse on them.

cashman 10-02-2018 08:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1208497)
never actually gone into admin. yet. the money was paid just to keep the club going and will rear its ugly head next time wages are to be paid. think the tax bill has been paid but the soap opera has a long way to go before a good outcome for pools is arrived. the club needs a good owner quickly as i think the administration word is coming up next month. trying to follow whats going on but all the business speak is a bit beyond me i,m afraid.

If thats correct its another example of crap in the press, report i read said they had come out of admin.;)

monkey hanger 10-02-2018 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1208500)
If thats correct its another example of crap in the press, report i read said they had come out of admin.;)

sure i,m right on this one cashy. admin kicks in some date maybe 11 of march. if things are not sorted out by then. the whole thing is getting complicated for people like me with no accountancy or business background. even fans are falling out on wether to contribute to keeping the club going. lies, more lies and half truths are all over the place. popping up in a couple of weeks time so i might have more info as my cousin is as confused as i am.