Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   The final run in. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/the-final-run-in-69829.html)

Chewbacca 13-03-2018 19:46

Re: The final run in.

It will cost Stanley a few quid losing an international weekend game and playing it on a Tuesday, bound to lose top spot too.

cashman 13-03-2018 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1210206)
It will cost Stanley a few quid losing an international weekend game and playing it on a Tuesday, bound to lose top spot too.

Why bound to lose top spot? Luton 2 down at half time, we keep winning and they keep losing. yeh never know. they are at newport sat.

Twenty Eight 13-03-2018 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1210206)

What a load of ...........

Lord Didsbury 13-03-2018 21:04

It’s no big deal. Gives Billy a week off in order to shake off that debilitating fatigue of his.

Also, can’t beat an evening game in my opinion.

monkey hanger 14-03-2018 08:07

Also, can’t beat an evening game in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

you might like evening games and so do i but plenty do not for one reason or another. the gate will be down about 500 for the rearanged game. this international break really bugs me unless you have half a team missing. what do clubs have squads for. can we cancel a game if one of our players gets injured.

AccyMad 14-03-2018 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1210222)
It’s no big deal. Gives Billy a week off in order to shake off that debilitating fatigue of his.

Also, can’t beat an evening game in my opinion.

How is it not a big deal, the timing couldn't be worse - the momentum we could've gained with two home games in a row could be crucial, a week's break is not only unwelcome it's a damned nuisance.
And yes, I like our evening games too but not at the expense of a weekend without a match

cashman 14-03-2018 10:17

Why not ask Newport if we can switch the re-arranged game to that blank sat? surely worth asking?

AccyMad 14-03-2018 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1210267)
Why not ask Newport if we can switch the re-arranged game to that blank sat? surely worth asking?

It's not a blank Saturday for Newport though Cashy, they're at home to Crewe

cashman 14-03-2018 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1210269)
It's not a blank Saturday for Newport though Cashy, they're at home to Crewe

Ah ok fair enough Di.;)

Lord Stiffupperlip 14-03-2018 17:46

Evening matches will never compete with a traditional Saturday afternoon match.
For those who work all day, evening games can be a real pain.
It's all too easy to give it a miss if your tired, or the weather is foul.
Likewise, not many parents will allow their school-age kids to attend a game that ends after 9.30pm - Saturday no problem!
But the biggest difference is that the attendance by away supporters is massively affected.
You've got to be a fanatical fan to travel from Yeovil to Accrington for a Tuesday night game.
All considered - lower gate + poor kiosk sales = a very big deal indeed!

cashman 14-03-2018 18:15

Also quite a few local bus services do not run in the evenings, i know a few owd lads that dont come cos of that fact, but i dont think its a big deal regarding our chances of promotion? The noise the Ultras make discount that for me.:)

Lord Didsbury 14-03-2018 20:22

Ok, I can see it’s not ideal for some, just a personal preference really. Makes the Wham feel like the Nou Camp when them lights are dazzling.

With any luck Yeovil will be the game we get promoted. That should hopefully get some of the waivers out.

ossy kid 17-03-2018 18:39

You think 8 points from the last 9 games will do it L.D. I don't think 82 will do it. We have to get 3 points next week against Yeovil because the last 7 games are all tough. I have us getting 12 points from the last 8 which will give us 88 points which should keep us top, will certainly in the top 3.

choirboy 17-03-2018 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by ossy kid (Post 1210436)
You think 8 points from the last 9 games will do it L.D. I don't think 82 will do it. We have to get 3 points next week against Yeovil because the last 7 games are all tough. I have us getting 12 points from the last 8 which will give us 88 points which should keep us top, will certainly in the top 3.

Erm..... I think it is impossible for us to get three points next week against Yeovil. :hidewall:

cashman 17-03-2018 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by ossy kid (Post 1210436)

Yeovil next week is postponed mate.;)