Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Crewe Alex Thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/crewe-alex-thread-69834.html)

cashman 13-02-2018 08:10

Crewe Alex Thread

Crewe for me are a very strange side this season, they can absolutely annihilate teams occasionally, then can be utter crap. yeh never know which side will turn up! we will certainly have to treat em with utmost respect tonight. so up and at em, and please make our goal difference better, Luton are catchable imho.

VALAIRIAN 13-02-2018 08:23

Re: Crewe Alex Thread

That is what worries me Cashy.

We can also destroy teams, but then fall apart against teams that we are expected to beat.

I know that anybody can beat anybody, but almost 30 games in, the table should be telling a story.

There is nothing I hate more than playing a team at home, that are on a poor run... especially tonight :eek:

If we are to be promoted, these are the games we must win and do so convincingly :)

:) :) :)

monkey hanger 13-02-2018 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1208696)
Luton are catchable imho.

they are but i.m more bothered about teams 4th and below us in the league.

cashman 13-02-2018 08:55

Agree joe, but after our last 2 results i'm thinking our lads have learnt the score, I aint seen a better side than Luton in Div2 this season, but i honestly think its now possible to catch em, will be very hard i know, if we can win our game in hand and go down yon and win, then it is possible, fingers crossed.

Tom D 13-02-2018 08:55

Crewe will be desperate to get something tonight. We really need to get ahead early on, pressure and hassle Crewe as soon as they touch the ball and put the result beyond doubt before 60 mins are up. Otherwise could be a nerve wracking and frustrating end to the game.

Jackson will be key tonight - against Swindon he tormented the defence and got them spinning in circles trying to keep up with him. Same again tonight please!!

cashman 13-02-2018 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom D (Post 1208701)
Crewe will be desperate to get something tonight. We really need to get ahead early on, pressure and hassle Crewe as soon as they touch the ball and put the result beyond doubt before 60 mins are up. Otherwise could be a nerve wracking and frustrating end to the game.

Jackson will be key tonight - against Swindon he tormented the defence and got them spinning in circles trying to keep up with him. Same again tonight please!!

Agree TomD, but i have high hopes tonight, i really reckon our new lads are gelling together really well, just hope i'm correct.;)

Outback Ozzy 13-02-2018 09:34

Personally, I would start the same 11 that played so well at Coventry on Saturday. If Sean Mc is fit to play, put him on the bench in case needed. How can Coleman drop anyone from Saturdays team?

mab 13-02-2018 09:37

:) just been down to the Wham for a ticket for a mate, Game good to go no problems no pitch inspection required :)

VALAIRIAN 13-02-2018 10:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by mab (Post 1208706)
:) just been down to the Wham for a ticket for a mate, Game good to go no problems no pitch inspection required :)

Cheers Mab, thanks for that :)

cashman 13-02-2018 10:12

cheers mab i just sent a message to me mate.:)

ferret man 13-02-2018 10:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom D (Post 1208701)

Jackson will Be key tonight - that should fool em.

accybeme 13-02-2018 10:35

hope we can continue this great run of form, it's great to look at the the league table today, after witnessing the bad run of defeats from the games against Exeter, Lincoln, Crawley, Carlisle,

Tom D 13-02-2018 10:51

Accrington Stanley vs Crewe Alexandra
Chesterfield vs Cambridge United
Colchester United vs Coventry City
Forest Green Rovers vs Stevenage
Lincoln City vs Cheltenham Town
Luton Town vs Crawley Town
Mansfield Town vs Newport County
Notts County vs Carlisle United
Port Vale vs Exeter City - Match postponed - Waterlogged Pitch
Wycombe Wanderers vs Swindon Town
Yeovil Town vs Barnet

Obviously the only result that matters is Stanley picking up 3 points but some interesting fixtures involving the other top teams too. Hopefully in form Crawley can stop Luton from winning, and wycombe vs swindon ends in a draw.

VALAIRIAN 13-02-2018 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferret man (Post 1208715)
Jackson will Be key tonight - that should fool em.

Very funny :D

:) :) :)

cashman 13-02-2018 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by mab (Post 1208706)

Stanley should put that info on site PDQ in my opinion,quite a few travel a fair distance.