Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   The Yeovil non match thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/the-yeovil-non-match-thread-69914.html)

nige b 20-03-2018 21:12

The Yeovil non match thread

After looking at the Yeovil web site apparently they have 5 players on international duty....who are they and who are they playing for they're 17th in Division 4 must be some serious high profile games! not a happy bunny:mad:

mab 20-03-2018 21:52

Re: The Yeovil non match thread

The club have indicated that five of the club's players have received international call-ups. Whilst they don't name them, our understanding from last week was that they would be Bevis Mugabi (Uganda), Rhys Browne (Antigua), Corey Whelan and Shaun Donnellan (Republic of Ireland Under-21s) and Tom James (Wales Under-21s). At the present time, only Mugabi's call-up has been confirmed.

nige b 20-03-2018 21:55

Pretty poor fare isn't it pal

nige b 20-03-2018 21:56

And never trust a Mugabi!

AccyMad 21-03-2018 06:01

Whilst i realise it's an honour for a player to be called up to play for their country & if given the opportunity they should be allowed to go, according to Yeovil's website they have a squad of 29 - surely they could have put together a match day squad for Saturday, maybe use youth players on the bench if needed as we have done in the past.

cashman 21-03-2018 07:16

I'm not fussed oer the match being off, gives kayden chance to recover, also it may just Brass "Somerset" off.:D

Exile on Spencer St 21-03-2018 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1210591)
...also it may just Brass "Somerset" off.:D

Usually that doesn't take much, although he has been quite lately. Maybe the 'beast(s) from the east' have finally sent him over the edge.

choirboy 21-03-2018 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1210591)
I'm not fussed oer the match being off, gives kayden chance to recover, also it may just Brass "Somerset" off.:D

I have heard that our good fiend "Somerset" has been called up for 'International duty' by the team at WIMBLEBALL LAKE, (which is in Somerset by the way.) :D
So he won't have time to read our posts as he will be busy preparing for their friendly against the
OCEANA team!
:p
I hope that he doesn't get too wet during the match!

monkey hanger 21-03-2018 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1210588)
Whilst i realise it's an honour for a player to be called up to play for their country & if given the opportunity they should be allowed to go, according to Yeovil's website they have a squad of 29 - surely they could have put together a match day squad for Saturday, maybe use youth players on the bench if needed as we have done in the past.

think we have had call ups in the past for northern ireland and maybe the republic but cannot remember a game being called off because of it. wonder if those players mentioned play regularly or not.

cashman 21-03-2018 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1210603)
think we have had call ups in the past for northern ireland and maybe the republic but cannot remember a game being called off because of it. wonder if those players mentioned play regularly or not.

Aye but dont forget, we aint a southern club.:D

Mr T 21-03-2018 10:49

The criteria is 3 or more regular 1st squad members being called up.

We've had 2 in the past ( Shay and Joe Wight) never three.

Yeovil are totally within their rights to ask for the postponement.

Couldn't see us being too keen to play if Billy ( NI) Seamus ( Republic) Reagan ( Auz) Janoi ( St Lucia) and Jimmy Dunne ( Republic U21's) were all unavailable.

AccyMad 21-03-2018 10:58

We know Yeovil have the right Mr.T, it's just frustrating that it might interrupt our current momentum at this crucial time, especially when - lookng at the current table , it looks like they'll more than likely be safe & don't appear to have much to play for

monkey hanger 22-03-2018 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1210608)
We know Yeovil have the right Mr.T, it's just frustrating that it might interrupt our current momentum at this crucial time, especially when - lookng at the current table , it looks like they'll more than likely be safe & don't appear to have much to play for

didn,t yeovil knock us out of the cup a few years ago with a money spinning next round draw. never seen a good game where they are concerned and its always a fixture for me to miss. thank goodness i,ve a good excuse to miss it this season. on holiday.

ferret man 22-03-2018 12:14

Think Matt Crooks should get the credit for getting us out of the cup game.

ferret man 07-04-2018 16:10

If Yeovil had had 3 more sent off could they have called it off.