Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Stags Match Thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/stags-match-thread-69928.html)

football19 30-03-2018 17:21

Re: Stags Match Thread

Getting stupid now,have all our rivals had a bet on Acci to win promotion?.
Another fantastic result,KTF

Twenty Eight 30-03-2018 17:51

Wow what a day that was !!
Hope everyone got on the coaches safely and best wishes for a better journey home.
It the clubs year.
Grinding out the wins and watch everybody else capitulate. Even when the chasers play each other they conspire to draw.
Made up for our Captain today.

cashman 30-03-2018 18:09

The stags had only lost 1 match at home this season,before today, to me puts into context, what a great result we achieved. KTF.

mab 30-03-2018 18:21

:) Mansfield 0-1 Accrington | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports :)

Exile on Spencer St 30-03-2018 18:23

Even more delighted to read (on the Sky site, so don't blame me if incorrect) that Mansfield have failed to beat Stanley in 14 attempts!
What a result, what a team!

choirboy 30-03-2018 19:07

Had to go away on a friends social weekend do in sunny Cleveleys. Followed the match on BBC live feed. Stanley are just amazing continuing this winning run. ON STANLEY ON. :jimbo::jimbo:

monkey hanger 31-03-2018 09:00

[QUOTE=chevyfire;1211052. Mansfield fans kicked off outside abit unnecessary.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

not surprised there. didn,t they do the same at the wham a couple of seasons ago. like luton its not our fauld they live in their respective towns.

Greeny 31-03-2018 09:39

and lets not forget a Stanley fan set of a flare in the stands when we scored our goal, this set the stewards in to a panic .

nige b 31-03-2018 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greeny (Post 1211109)
and lets not forget a Stanley fan set of a flare in the stands when we scored our goal, this set the stewards in to a panic .

Yes that happened however in the great scheme of things not a hanging offence but credit to the stewards they were not heavy handed,dealt with the situation and were a breath of fresh air compared to the knuckle scrapers that we've had to endure there on previous visits

MikeA 31-03-2018 11:35

'The Stags' best chances against Accrington'
From link on Stags' YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/mtfcofficial

Mansfield-biased, naturally, but shows how good Aaron and our defence are. And how poor Mansfield's shooting was.

Twenty Eight 31-03-2018 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greeny (Post 1211109)

Another one set off at the end of the game as well caused a problem.

Twenty Eight 31-03-2018 13:45

The stewards were good lads.
When it got very heated outside they let me take Jordan’s family including ladies round to the players entrance by walking round the pitch.
Not sure the trouble causers we’re actually at the game.
Hope the Accy fan with the nasty thumb dislocation is ok.

Lord Didsbury 31-03-2018 14:45

As for the match..... I didn’t enjoy it that much. I felt nervous throughout as soon as they had a player sent off. It suddenly became ours to chuck away.

Thought we were very poor in the first half and then much better second. Yet again, though, we do seem to always manage to be tighter as a team than the opposition. Always just good enough. Coleman must take massive credit for this. A master strategist.

A few notable mentions:
Scott Brown - again, making a big difference with his energy.
Callum Johnson - I really like him. Each game he seems to improve. He’s starting to get past defenders more easily.
Big Ben - looked shaky and out of position first half, much better second. Can’t have been an easy game for him.
Jimmy Dunne - one day he’s going to start scoring loads of goals from corners. At the moment he’s frustratingly unable to apply the killer touch. Thank god Seamus took the one in the 60th min.

Finally, they should have been down to 9 men. The blatant arm in Jackson’s face when he was racing clean through was obvious to all but ref and linesman.

Twenty Eight 31-03-2018 15:21

How you can have notable mentions and not put Hughes on the list is beyond me.
He was immense yesterday against another centre forward adept at using a crafty elbow (ask Seamus another shiner).

ferret man 31-03-2018 15:49

Maybe the Ref and Liner could see the same as I did and thought there was no need to go down for a flat hand slap.