Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Stags Match Thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/stags-match-thread-69928.html)

Twenty Eight 31-03-2018 18:13

Re: Stags Match Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferret man (Post 1211133)
Maybe the Ref and Liner could see the same as I did and thought there was no need to go down for a flat hand slap.

I think Kayden has to be careful.
He can sometimes go down too easily and then something blatant happens ....... and cry wolf syndrome kicks in.

AccyMad 31-03-2018 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1211121)
The stewards were good lads.
When it got very heated outside they let me take Jordan’s family including ladies round to the players entrance by walking round the pitch.
Not sure the trouble causers we’re actually at the game.
Hope the Accy fan with the nasty thumb dislocation is ok.

Good to hear but it's just a shame the rest of our fans weren't given the same consideration instead of being faced with the ambush from those antagonistic Mansfield 'fans'
At Luton, it may have been frustrating for some to be locked inside after the final whistle but at least everyone was kept safe until the police arrived to diisperse the trouble makers
Even if those involved hadn't attended the game, surely the stewards should have been informed what was waiting outside the stadium for our fans to come out to & acted accordingly

Twenty Eight 31-03-2018 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1211166)
Good to hear but it's just a shame the rest of our fans weren't given the same consideration instead of being faced with the ambush from those antagonistic Mansfield 'fans'
At Luton, it may have been frustrating for some to be locked inside after the final whistle but at least everyone was kept safe until the police arrived to diisperse the trouble makers
Even if those involved hadn't attended the game, surely the stewards should have been informed what was waiting outside the stadium for our fans to come out to & acted accordingly

Simple question. Forget about the stewards - where was the police presence ?

AccyMad 01-04-2018 08:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1211171)

You're right but that's a question for Mansfield to answer, at the end of the day whoever makes the decisions about crowd safety got it wrong & should be held accountable. I know of a few who will be sending complaints in, I just hope they get acted upon.

Mr T 01-04-2018 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1211171)

CS ( club security game,) with Police Spotters

Police are only summoned if an issue.

IF a game is deemed to be Cat A; home club pays. Lets say a "normal" match income at ASFC; the game wouldn't be worth playing; hence us being on course for 4 years with a formal police presence for League games

In the pre-match intel ASFC away don't pose an issue, so no need for a police presence.

Twenty Eight 01-04-2018 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 1211202)
CS ( club security game,) with Police Spotters

Police are only summoned if an issue.

IF a game is deemed to be Cat A; home club pays. Lets say a "normal" match income at ASFC; the game wouldn't be worth playing; hence us being on course for 4 years with a formal police presence for League games

In the pre-match intel ASFC away don't pose an issue, so no need for a police presence.

I think you will find there were several serious issues !!!

Exile on Spencer St 01-04-2018 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 1211202)

It's not the Stanley away fans that has been the issue but some Luton and Mansfield HOME fans that can't take a defeat without behaving like morons.
Wasn't there something on another thread implying the reason Mansfield games are al ticket is nothing to do with visiting fans but to try and prevent their so-called fans getting into the away end.

Mr T 01-04-2018 14:13

There were also a lot of new young supporters that I didn't recognise.

Don't claim to know everybody but dozens of people without any colours on entered the seats with beer bottles in their hands just as the 2nd half started

We're waiting for the CCTV footage from Mansfield and Lancs police ( who did film so of the post match incidents) to see IF anybody can be recognised.

Exile on Spencer St 01-04-2018 18:29

Beer bottles in their hands! :eek:
How did that happen if there are stewards ?

Mr T 01-04-2018 18:58

The steward was poor; but was not SIA so wasn't really his remit.

When supervisors picked up on the issue people were challenged.

Easy to miss a bottle in a pocket; on the bigger games empty beer bottles are on the Clayton End.

I stress these weren't wearing any colours and think the vast majority of Stanley fans do show something connected to their club.

Most people who are "regulars" (home and away) are proud of ASFC and show this to the world:)

monkey hanger 02-04-2018 08:01

[QUOTE=Exile on Spencer St;1211212]It's not the Stanley away fans that has been the issue but some Luton and Mansfield HOME fans that can't take a defeat without behaving like morons.

incidents like those at luton and mansfield really make you glad you are a stanley fan. in our last two failed promotion attemps i,m sure that we behaved in a better way towards opposition fans even with the dissapointment we had to suffer. i suppose some who caused the aggro had been drinking pre match.

Greeny 02-04-2018 09:42

When we missed out on promotion and the flood lights went out, I remember the newspapers the following day saying Stanley fans were the best supporters and a fine example to the football world and that came from the police who had been on duty at that very match.

AccyMad 02-04-2018 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greeny (Post 1211285)
When we missed out on promotion and the flood lights went out, I remember the newspapers the following day saying Stanley fans were the best supporters and a fine example to the football world and that came from the police who had been on duty at that very match.

Exactly, the only thing we did to aggravate the Mansfield (& Luton) fans was to win :rolleyes:

DAV007 03-04-2018 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 1211249)

I stress these weren't wearing any colours and think the vast majority of Stanley fans do show something connected to their club.

Completely false.

Since when did you have to wear a shirt of scarf to be a Stanley fan.

People don’t wear colours for a variety of reasons, not wearing them doesn’t suggest anything

Exile on Spencer St 03-04-2018 15:25

Get down off your horse, DAV0.
I read it that Mr. T wasn't suggesting anything of the sort.
He was simply saying that most of the 'fans' in the away end at Mansfield that he didn't recognise weren't wearing anything that identified them with Stanley and that, in his opinion, most Stanley fans at away games do wear their 'hearts' on their sleeves, heads, or around other parts of their anatomy.